User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 58
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyhow, CJ have to work very hard n win matches before meeting LD so that LD can give him a win... so, CJ is a capable players compared to others.. If u said that CJ does not qualify for OG, think again... He did manage to beat alot of other players till final before meeting LD... If not, how can LD help him to qualify for OG if he lose in early rounds before meeting LD??? be fair to CJ, he works his way to qualify for OG n he deserves some credits for winning the HK open...

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    LHI beat BCL ( WR #3) in the OG, and had beaten LD several times before , and yet CJ beat LHI in the OG. So CJ's bronze medal was a fluke?
    I always think CJ is a top world class baddy player.....no doubt...

    I only think CJ dont deserved to be treated like that.......people is thinking....if without LD help .....for his Olympic slot....he will never have a chance to win that bronze medal.....in BO 08......... Its so unfair to CJ.....

  3. #37
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wong8Egg View Post
    Fuzzy beat KKK/TBH who beat the MK/HS the OG champ and it is a boring match, so we can conclude .....
    and are u describing that match had been fixed ??

  4. #38
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    and prettier girls like Zhu Lin instead of Vita, Natsir, and the other tom boys from China. It's true even if it sounds harsh.. like it or not.
    let me continue this for u..>> and prettier, hot and sexy girls() like charmaine reid from canada, nicole grether, carola bott ..etc..

  5. #39
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,951
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid;1045575
    [B
    Instead of having short and skinny or chubby players(Fuzzy, Kido, LCW) leading the sport[/B], we need players at least look like Lin Dan, Fu HaiFeng with decent height and muscular build... and prettier girls like Zhu Lin instead of Vita, Natsir, and the other tom boys from China. It's true even if it sounds harsh.. like it or not.
    although all these players u listed here are short, skinny or chubby players., but they do achieve many great achievements in tournaments..the most important thing is the 'determine' word in their mind..like it or not, they can still be a champion no matter what is their size, or weight, etc..
    and the conclusion is, everyone can play badminton and we dont just need players at least look like Lin Dan, Fu HaiFeng with decent height and muscular build to leads this sport...

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To me, one sentence describes it all......

    When China plays China in any finals, you know you are not going to get a good match.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HK open final was alright... not as outrageous as usual

    CJ tried hard and LD played fairly well, you might not see the MUST WIN LD but his performance was far from being a give away...

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    LHI beat BCL ( WR #3) in the OG, and had beaten LD several times before , and yet CJ beat LHI in the OG. So CJ's bronze medal was a fluke?
    Well, I watched the game myself. May be not a fluke between CJ and LHI, it was a very good game in a very high standard. But please be fair dinkum about CJ and LD in Semi, is a ..... ? if you have seen the game and don't agree with me in this, I don't think you are a badminton player.

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjoe View Post
    Well, I watched the game myself. May be not a fluke between CJ and LHI, it was a very good game in a very high standard. But please be fair dinkum about CJ and LD in Semi, is a ..... ? if you have seen the game and don't agree with me in this, I don't think you are a badminton player.
    dunno which match ur talking about. dunno ....? means. I referenced to some other matches to make my point, i'm not here to analyze all of them in this thread. cj and ld in semi??? which semi?? create thread about it. This is 08 HKO thread.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaoFung View Post
    HK open final was alright... not as outrageous as usual

    CJ tried hard and LD played fairly well, you might not see the MUST WIN LD but his performance was far from being a give away...
    This is a very fair statement.

    The whole time I was watching the match... I could see that Lin Dan wasn't attacking as much as he usually would against "most" other opponents. Lin Dan's style in the HK open final was more of the Bao ChunLai's style... more rally, less "sudden" attack. However, it was not so much that Lin Dan didn't even try to win... he did try, but not close to 100% at all.

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlekok View Post
    To me, one sentence describes it all......

    When China plays China in any finals, you know you are not going to get a good match.
    yup, when your MS hero isn't in the MS final, it can be boring to watch

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    This is a very fair statement.

    The whole time I was watching the match... I could see that Lin Dan wasn't attacking as much as he usually would against "most" other opponents. Lin Dan's style in the HK open final was more of the Bao ChunLai's style... more rally, less "sudden" attack. However, it was not so much that Lin Dan didn't even try to win... he did try, but not close to 100% at all.
    u see, those LD experts out there believed if LD doesn't play 100% (or more), it is a fixed match.

    funny how no one questions on XXF lost to wang chen. Had xxf played 100%, she would easily beat WC. I guess this WS final was fixed too.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-07-2008 at 10:02 PM.

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Milpitas CA, USA
    Posts
    2,700
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any conspiracy is possible but why blame the Chinese who seem to overcome obstacles and adcanced to Final playing against teamates? Heck, blame the rest of the power nations for not good enough to prevent this from happening makes more sense?

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    dunno which match ur talking about. dunno ....? means. I referenced to some other matches to make my point, i'm not here to analyze all of them in this thread. cj and ld in semi??? which semi?? create thread about it. This is 08 HKO thread.
    Sorry I refer to Beijing OG 08.

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One thing I forgot to mention earlier is the fact that Chen Jin did very well with his smash returns... most of the time, when he returned Lin Dan's smashes(very high percentage... I don't think Lin Dan had many smash winners that game) were very high quality cross court returns that Lin Dan could not follow up with a kill.

    Chen Jin played very well, in terms of turning defense into offense, and I think that really made the difference in the match.

    I believe Lin Dan did play alright... kinda like at the level when he lost to LCW in Japan open 07... using more less the Bao ChunLai's style of play(in fact, Bao was giving advice to Lin Dan in the Semi final of Japan open 07 against LCW). That sort of style where there are more sharp drops and clears doesn't seem to fit Lin Dan very well in my opinion.. but who am I to comment on Lin Dan's strategy? haha...

    The match itself wasn't a give away, but Lin Dan just wasn't playing his usual style and the fact that Chen Jin played exceptionally well that day, too.

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alberta/Canada
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u see, those LD experts out there believed if LD doesn't play 100% (or more), it is a fixed match.

    funny how no one questions on XXF lost to wang chen. Had xxf played 100%, she would easily beat WC. I guess this WS final was fixed too.

    May be there is some mis-communication here... did I mention anything about the match being fixed by any chance???

    All that I said was Lin Dan didn't play as good as he could... he was a bit slow on retrieving some of those attacking clears that Chen Jin did... unless the shuttle speed of Chen Jin's clears were so fast that even Lin Dan got caught off-guard, but I don't recall the last time, Lin Dan had to bent his back so much just to retrieve an attacking clear.

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    May be there is some mis-communication here... did I mention anything about the match being fixed by any chance???

    All that I said was Lin Dan didn't play as good as he could... he was a bit slow on retrieving some of those attacking clears that Chen Jin did... unless the shuttle speed of Chen Jin's clears were so fast that even Lin Dan got caught off-guard, but I don't recall the last time, Lin Dan had to bent his back so much just to retrieve an attacking clear.
    hehe, last post wasn't directed at u. Maybe i left out the
    i was just adding onto your post

    cj read ld's smashes pretty well, maybe ld kinda look like out of idea.
    Last edited by cooler; 12-08-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Hong Kong Open Semi Final and Final Videos
    By modious in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 170
    : 05-25-2012, 01:54 AM
  2. Korea Open: All-Korean Final in Men's Doubles after Thrilling Semi-Final
    By yannie in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007
    Replies: 0
    : 01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    : 08-20-2005, 10:05 AM
  4. LinDan gave the first game to Peter Gade (Evidence for)
    By jamesd20 in forum All England 2004
    Replies: 39
    : 10-05-2004, 03:28 PM
  5. BIOS update gave me trouble
    By bluejeff in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 6
    : 01-29-2004, 03:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •