Can anyone suggest which racket will be good for a high school female player?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bettinadea, Dec 6, 2008.

1. bettinadea

bettinadea Regular Member

I've been playing with a simple basic racket for about a year. Because I got into a team, I wanted to get a newer racket to increase my skill. Is there anything anyone can suggest? I prefer Yonex because it's so much easier to obtain in my opinion. I prefer light rackets, however, I'm not an advanced player yet, so nanospeed9000 and Arcsaber10 are probably out of my league. I was thinking of AT700 or AT900. Can someone tell me about them? I've tried a NS racket except I forgot what number it was.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u dont need those expensive models for basic high school badminton. Look for mid level models like AT250, 300, 500, NS 800, 4500. If u really want to splurge, NS6000 or arcS 7

3. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Bettin - the AT700 and AT900P require just as much technical skills as the ARC10 and NS9000. They're just designed for different high end players.

I'd suggest the AT500 if you like head heavy, or ARC 7/9 if you like even balanced rackets. Both are high level, good quality, will provide heaps of head room for development and you'll be able to have good fun =). Unless you have a deadly forearm for smashes, try and stay clear of the headlight rackets.

4. bettinadea

thanks you for the advice guys. is there any good ones that cost in the mid 100's?

5. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

uh The AT-500
    I am just wondering, where in the US do you live?
    If you live in the Bay Area ( California), there is a whole 'nother market....

6. bettinadea

i live in the Bay Area. what market?

7. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

uh, wow. you should look into Kason and Victor as well, both can be found at Racket Supply. There is also the excellent store, Badminton Alley, which supplies many different racket brands. you can also go to GGBC, Bintang, UBC and Smash City, since each has their own pro shops. They all sell Yonex, and some sell other brands, such as Black Knight.

Racket Supply sells Kason Rackets, including their 5U selection, including the Legerity, Carvel, Swift, Lepton, and such. Each is very light, and can produce adequate power.
    Black knight also has 5U rackets.

#7 jymbalaya, Dec 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  8. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    If you must have a top Yonex racquet and are in the mood to show it off too, the ArcSaber 9 is the one for you ;)

If modesty is what becomes you, any medium-stiff racquet will do.

9. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    What about the Karakal MTec 70? Very light (you won't find a lighter racket), reasonably powerful, not too expensive and easy to use. I'm not sure where you can buy Karakal in your area but if you find somewhere, you won't be disappointed with the MTec 70.

10. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You can also try the Apacs ES9 if you can't afford Yonex ARC9.