Results 1 to 6 of 6
12-06-2008, 09:37 PM #1
Some questions about the membership
I am a beginner/intermediate player looking for a club to join and I have some questions about Mandarin.
1. Daytime regular member Is it also $5 per visit? Can members stay in the lounge or exercise room past 3pm?
2. Are birds provided by the club or is it BYOB?
3. How are games organized? Do you wait in line until a free court opens up and first 4 in line joins or other methods?
4. What's the parking like?
Last edited by Plutoburn; 12-06-2008 at 09:51 PM.
12-07-2008, 12:39 AM #2
1. I do not think so, but i am not sure, best thing is to call them and ask.
2. You need to bring your own shuttles.
3. if you're just coming in alone, then it might be hard to play since alot of the people there comes in pairs. and they have a chair system in effect, 4 players on a court, plays by the hour and the half (so every 30 mins they rotate) and you must be on the chairs when the buzzer goes off
4. parking, plenty of spaces, nothing to worry about.
if you like, the best thing is to go there and try it out.
they will let you in to take a look, you can pay a guest fee and play there to experience it
if you want, i can go with you to check it out since i am a member there.
PM me if you are interested.
12-07-2008, 09:57 AM #3
Thanks for the reply.
Can you elaborate what the chair system is a bit more? It's new to me, and also, is it used at all times?
12-08-2008, 12:56 AM #4
If you're a daytime member, you only stay until 3 PM
12-08-2008, 12:57 PM #5
chair system is basically just 30 minute rotations, so say you get on the court at 9:15, when the buzzer goes off at 9:30, then you have to get off and let the next 4 play.
02-19-2009, 11:54 PM #6
i dont think the chair system is really effective nor does 90% of the members even obey these rules
its still 2 games of either 15 or rally system, or even 3 games if there isn't as much people
By Loafers in forum Manhattan Beach Badminton ClubReplies: 2: 03-08-2012, 03:03 AM
By russellmeng in forum Bintang Badminton AcademyReplies: 3: 09-25-2009, 11:56 PM
By louischeng328 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 1: 11-13-2008, 09:40 PM
By magdrury in forum Canada EastReplies: 2: 07-10-2005, 11:18 PM