Badminton Coaching Rate

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by CHC7576, Dec 7, 2008.

1. CHC7576

CHC7576 Regular Member

Property Development
    How much would you pay for an hour of badminton lesson by a qualify coach and by an ex-international player?

2. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

hmm.... i would pay a price range from S$10 - S$20... it depends on whether u are playing only for fun or u hav to play for club or school etc etc... if is for fun jus get a normal coach will do u good... most important is u urself and not how great is the coach history and background... if u're a good player even with a normal coach or even without a coach u also will be good in the game...:):)

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There is an outfit in KL, Dchamp (M) Sdn Bhd, that runs a sort of traing academy. They claim to have ex-national players and ex-national backup players as coaches. Their coaching rates rae very inexpensive considering the high caliber coaches. They charge US$40 to US$45 per day of 3 to 4 hours. A 5-day week of coaching will cost a mere US$200 to US$225.

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Wah, even MacDonalds pay around S$8 per hour. Shuttles + court cost is probably around S$10 per court-hour. Add in transportation costs, your coach drink west-north wind ah?

Unless, of course, you are talking about a school or S$20 per member in a team of at least 4 trainers.

You can of course pick up techniques on your own from books, other players or from watching professional videos. You might also pick up bad habits that might work at lower level but later on prevents you from advancing. Of course, at the end, its how far you want to go with the game but a coach will help speed up the journey.

#4 weeyeh, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  5. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

lol yeah i understand with a coach is better... but if no money no choice... :) lol

6. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    I heard from my Friend, Suryanaga is priced about 50$ /mth... I'm not sure though, since I never participated there. But my badminton training club, about 6 years ago, has a quite good coach, not as good as Suryanaga (supposedly), since they're one of the best coaching club in Indonesia. Ask for 5$ / month. I expect the price to be around 10$ / month now for this club.

Hope this is helpful xD... Maybe someone else can confirm about the price in Suryanaga. Since I never trained there.

7. krisss

krisss Regular Member

I know an a few ex-internation players , and they charge 30 gbp for 1 hour , but it is one on one training. This player used to be like 22nd in the world!