Armortec 700 or ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mizivincible, Dec 7, 2008.

1. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Greeting from Malaysia,

Been lurking around for quite some times and decided to join today as I still having headache deciding which racket should I go :crying: (Sorry if my first post is already a trouble post:eek:)

Im type of offensive player, who does lotsa jumping or cross court smashing, currently using ProAce Widebody 33 for quite some times, it is very light racket. But, during smashing, its been few times whenever I miss the shuttle, I feel kinda pain in my wrist or sometimes whole arm.After doing some studies and research around, I found out I need a heavier racket for my gameplay (at least I think that way, hope seniors here have better idea or picture on my case here :))

After going thru few selection of rackets, I think Yonex Armotec 700 is kinda suit of my play, but the only thing holding me down is the price as I think in recent time I cant afford it. So any other alternative ? Or should I just save up for the Armotec 700 and use my current racket first ?

That's it, will be waiting for all the senior members replies eagerly. Thanks in advance and have a nice day mates !

2. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    AT 250 are head heavy as well....
    in term of price i think less than RM 200....

3. mizivincible

Owh, thanks. But what do you think the real problem behind this ?

4. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    since you re using light racket, it is easier to swing ( fast swing speed ),
    but once it leads to mishit, it may cause shocks to your wrist, and it makes you feel the pain

5. fixingbones

fixingbones Regular Member

Surgeon
    head heavy stiff racquets

I think that you will have the same problem with the AT700 ot any other head heavy stiff racquet, especially iso frames with longer shaft lengths.

I had AT700, took 2 months to adjust, vibrations in arm, wrist pain, then ok Gave the racquet up for other reasons and sold it on.

Have a look at the carlton fireblade tour (even balance) or lite (headlight balance) (come in both iso and oval frames). If you're ok with oval, airblade lite/tour and powerblade equivalents (just slightly older models with old paintwork but same materials, weight etc) are available very cheaply on the web at about 40-50% the cost of an AT700, so you could buy a matching pair.

I now play with airblade elite (heady heavy). Wonderful racquet. The other racquet that you should consider is the carbonex 30 (good prices on badmintonalley).

If you want a current production Yonex and are set on having an iso frame, the arcsaber has great reviews, and don't mind a little extra money. I have played with the arc10 briefly (friend at my club). It was stiff but not overly so, and the arc9 is medium stiffness (haven't tried this one though)

Hope this has been of some help.

6. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The AT700 is a hard racquet to adjust to. It took me almost three months or so to get used to it. But now, I absolutely love it to death.

Is that true ? Oh, no wonder I felt no pains at 30lbs ( after modifying my handle by filling it with plasticine ) while my arm nearly died at 28lbs ( w/o modification of handle ).

7. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    well plasticine is damping the shock and vibration....

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If budget is an issue, why not consider other brands ?

There are other brands which has models which are head heavy and stiff and similar to AT700.

9. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    I have a friend who use light racket and always get ache all over his hand .... he is a very good player and one day he just when back to his old racket .... Cab series and all pain are gone no matter how much he play ..... Just my 2 cents ..... get a heavier racket ..... since you are in malaysia why not get apacs racket AMP series....

10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    If you're in pain after smashing, you surely have a problem with your smashing technique (also since you seem to be missing the shuttle).

I suggest you get a coach (or an experienced player) to watch you smash.

An expensive racquet is unlikely to solve any of the problems you mentioned.
    Switching from a light to a head-heavy racquet is not the solution either.
    Correct your technique first - the choice of racquet can be made later.

By the way, the model is 'Armortec' :p

11. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

for apacs u can try their AMP90 & AMP95 they both is dam solid and great racket and can be compared to yonex high-end racket... RM250 free yonex string bg66 + grip + big bag 2 compart with 1 zip pocket selling at lowyat.com under zhensheng forums??? and u can COD him at cheras too....=D

#11 chongkiatz, Dec 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  12. mizivincible

Owh ok, like what Mr oldhand mentioned, actually few years back I was playing at competitive level, but after my ankle broken last year (due to basketball), during the recovering process, I gained alot of weight (10-13kg) haha, and lost my fitness, that's explained the reason behind the missing the shuttle. Now only started back to play for serious.

Anyway, I'll work up on the technique first aite. But I rilly love offensive and smashing type of gameplay tho.