kit for a novice?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ilikecider, Dec 8, 2008.

1. ilikecider

ilikecider New Member

Student (Dosser)
    hi all,

i've decided to get into badminton a tad more seriously and i think i could do with some new kit.

firstly shoes, im only a casual player but i've almost sprained my ankle already so i think they'll be a worthy investment. also: does anyone know decent UK shops to buy shoes? im not keen on buying them on the net as i think its best to try them on. also, would tennis shoes suffice? i suspect theyre more readily available.

next would be a new grip, im using a Slazenger raquet which is from the 90s and everything, but the grip is seriously tired after a decade of on and off use (and a rather sweaty holiday). i have no idea what to look for, nothing extravagant though.

the string seems to be in ok shape for now.

i think that leaves just the skills lacking for now so help on the above is appreciated =]

im guessing Yonex is a decent respected brand, any others to look out for?

budget is fairly tight, sub £30 for the shoes would be nice, and im guessing a grip wont break the bank anyway

cheers,

Steve.

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I'm not from the UK, but I suspect that if you play badminton already with other people that they would know of shops local to you.

3. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    If you would like to take badminton serious as in - serious casual .... then it is better you buy pair of badminton shoe (not tennis or indoor but badminton ).... search and ask around and you might know where to buy stuff ... My 2 cents ashaway badminton shoes cheap and good ....

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I don't use badminton shoes but volleyball shoes and i find them just as good.

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    you can try a indoor shoe or a volleyball shoe. The best way to see which one is best for you is to go to a shop and try them yourself.