User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 35 to 49 of 49
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Sorry to disagree. I string it the way I do for myself and 98% of the racquets I do for my friends. It is because Cab30ms is a such superior racquet.
    Now, you are just being humble. However, I have not tried another 2-piece stringing on the cab30's so I cannot say you are wrong.

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemcat View Post
    When I say my strings move, doesn't mean they move in drastic positions. They usually just shifts a bit. I can tell because I have the Yonex logo painted on my string bed. Usually, my string bed would only at most have 2 of the strings, usually main, that moves more than others. But to me, it is insignificant because you can easily move them back. I leave my string jobs to Gary at Tad's.
    I dun really get what you mean .....but anyway my string is really fresh ... but tension in the center is good but right at the end i can feel that the tension is not there .... previously they did a good job but this time round dunno why but i think it is a lousy job .....will do more testing and ask more .....

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada, BC, GVA
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pussiii999 View Post
    I dun really get what you mean .....but anyway my string is really fresh ... but tension in the center is good but right at the end i can feel that the tension is not there .... previously they did a good job but this time round dunno why but i think it is a lousy job .....will do more testing and ask more .....
    What I meant was that even though the strings would move, they won't move too much. Also, not all of them move because it would mean that your stringer made an error. To my experience, it's usually the mains that move and the situation varies. However, I do not conclude that the crosses don't move at all.

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strings move, especially the mains, for different reasons. They can move because of low tensions, string coatings that are slippery, shots that are hit angularly even if strung at high tensions. A better and more objective way to test string movement is to pluck and move the middle mains with your finger. If they move easily then you have identified the problem. Strings that have moved and are easier to straighten back are very different from strings that have moved but are harder to straighten back, the former is poor the latter is much better and more grippy.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Strings move, especially the mains, for different reasons. They can move because of low tensions, string coatings that are slippery, shots that are hit angularly even if strung at high tensions. A better and more objective way to test string movement is to pluck and move the middle mains with your finger. If they move easily then you have identified the problem. Strings that have moved and are easier to straighten back are very different from strings that have moved but are harder to straighten back, the former is poor the latter is much better and more grippy.
    That is the answer i am looking 4 ..... thanks a lot
    But when you say
    (Strings that have moved and are easier to straighten back ) - Do you mean the string is ok .....


    (strings that have moved but are harder to straighten back, the former is poor the latter is much better and more grippy) i don't understand this ....

    Sorry for my poor level of understanding ..... Thanks a lot ...

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pussiii999 View Post
    That is the answer i am looking 4 ..... thanks a lot
    But when you say
    (Strings that have moved and are easier to straighten back ) - Do you mean the string is ok .....


    (strings that have moved but are harder to straighten back, the former is poor the latter is much better and more grippy) i don't understand this ....

    Sorry for my poor level of understanding ..... Thanks a lot ...
    The first para, which was what I referred to as former, is bad.
    The second para is good.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks to you too, Terraglow & weeyeh.

    Unfortunately I dont have ECP machine, would like to try that out in near future (probably Wise, but many doubts when shipping in & after sales service)

    Commercial stringers do 1pc rather than 2pc is faster business turnover . Comparing 4 rackets (1pc stringing) vs 2.5 rackets (2pc) per hour rate.

    I agree that slice, chop, half cut or watever, slippery string coatings & low tension could contribute the string moving sideway.

    There's no good nor bad about 1pc & 2pc pattern. Just they have own "characteristic" about repulsion feeling.

    My opinion about 1pc vs 2pc (crank job, no ECP) is:
    1pc = faster stringjob, good playability, loose tension:fast
    2pc = slower stringjob, good playability with stiffer stringbed, loose tension:slow

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well it is so disappointed that not many stringer prefer to do 4 knot....

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With low tension one or two pc stringing is acceptable. With high tension, especially at tension in the 28lbs-35lbs range, one-pc stringing is rubbish. Only two-pc stringing with the crosses starting at the top with a real starting knot is ideal for very high tension. Starting the crosses from the bottom as recommended by Yonex is also undesirable from a playability point of view. Reasons for this can be found in past posts.

  10. #44
    Regular Member ryim_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong SAR, China
    Posts
    1,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terraglow View Post
    well it is so disappointed that not many stringer prefer to do 4 knot....
    maybe that is the case in indonesia but here in Canada, specifically Toronto, I've been to 5 different stringers and they all have strung my rackets with the 4 knot (2 piece) stringing method.

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terraglow View Post
    well it is so disappointed that not many stringer prefer to do 4 knot....
    One-pc, two-knot stringing pattern is very ancient. It was the only way a racquet could be strung in the old days because stringing then was by hand, with the awl as a clamp and the hand as the string puller and tensioner. Both Indonesia and Malaysia are more or less the founders of the modern badminton game, and they created the one-pc, 2-knot pattern manual stringing. Today, this pattern lives on in these two countries.

  12. #46
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    One-pc, two-knot stringing pattern is very ancient. It was the only way a racquet could be strung in the old days because stringing then was by hand, with the awl as a clamp and the hand as the string puller and tensioner. Both Indonesia and Malaysia are more or less the founders of the modern badminton game, and they created the one-pc, 2-knot pattern manual stringing. Today, this pattern lives on in these two countries.
    in Singapore, still many stringers use 2-knots instead of 4-knots, unless you request for 4-knots.

    and thanks taneepak, for your explanation of 4-knots especially stringing the cross from top ... I will take that as my guidance ...

  13. #47
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    With low tension one or two pc stringing is acceptable. With high tension, especially at tension in the 28lbs-35lbs range, one-pc stringing is rubbish. Only two-pc stringing with the crosses starting at the top with a real starting knot is ideal for very high tension. Starting the crosses from the bottom as recommended by Yonex is also undesirable from a playability point of view. Reasons for this can be found in past posts.
    note for this as guidance .....

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just a survey .... do you guys feel that ISO head feels less tight with the same string and tension compared to an oval Head ....

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pussiii999 View Post
    just a survey .... do you guys feel that ISO head feels less tight with the same string and tension compared to an oval Head ....
    AOTBE, a smaller stringbed is always tighter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Need help for pre string method - 2 knots
    By egb16a in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 3
    : 04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
  2. 1 piece, 2 knots string pattern advice request
    By Blitzzards in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 6
    : 12-15-2009, 12:04 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    : 12-21-2006, 03:20 PM
  4. 2 knots Single String Method..
    By Z1985 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 6
    : 05-17-2005, 06:43 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    : 07-15-2003, 03:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •