Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lots of what ifs, hindsights...

Quote Originally Posted by erikpoh View Post
    i strongly agree with you
    even in sudirman cup, LYB didnt choose them and it was last year when CS/ZYL were in better form than PP/TQ. I am sick with LYB who always choose his golden boy/girl.
    ..in last yr's Sudirman Cup, ZYL & CS weren't chosen *initially*. But they were eventually added in last minute. Nonetheless, LYB only fielded DJ & YY and ZYW & PP in all of their 5 matches (up til the Final).
    Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    For what it's worth, LYB's final explanation for not bringing ZYL was that in case DJ is injured, TQ can partner with YY and ZYL can't.

That begs the obvious question of why not just play CS/ZYL if DJ can not go. (Even LYB has enough sense to not play TQ/PP in the Uber Cup Final.)

Adding insult to injury, DJ was indeed injured but still played with YY, instead of being replaced by TQ. China lost the Uber Cup as the result. That match was the only one that LYB was fuming about
    - When did LYB make that comment?..After the Uber Cup Final ended or prior to the start of the Uber Cup competition.
    - IMO, no matter what kind of excuses/reasons LYB made in selecting PP & TQ over CS & ZYL, most likely neither pair will be selected to play in the Final Rd.
    Also note, up til March this yr, only DJ & YY and MJ & WXL, were the top 2 WD pairs from CHN. IMO, if i were LYB, i would've chosen both of them over PP & TQ or ZYL & CS to play in the Final vs. the KORs.
    - I don't know if DJ & YY should've been the scapegoats for their loss (how about WYH losing her match>>LYB selecting her as 1st WS??). But IMO, if i were LYB, i also would've chosen DJ & YY as one of the pairs, even with DJ "injured" which i didn't notice much (simply because of their experience). At the same time, I also thought DJ & YY should've won their match; going to rubber games vs. the KORs indicate both pairs were pretty much even steven; just came down to a couple of executions and tactics. I also don't know, whether replacing DJ with TQ or PP would've made the difference or not. Again, lots of hindsights, what ifs...
    - Perhaps LYB was fuming at himself, but using DJ & YY as the scapegoats (the most senior of the players/pairs)...

I'd like to add in a couple more comments, below, these were taken from last yr's Sudirman Cup sub-forum. I do concur abt the notion of ZYW not being included in the Uber Cup team (yes, i know the reason is so she can focus on XD). IMO, she and YY are currently CHN's top women's doubles players.:
    Quote Originally Posted by hcpoirot View Post
    in WD, basically in all imporatnt matches, LYB will play DJ/YY. So no chance for other pairs to play for important matches.

If CS/ZYL can win more titles this year and next year, they will definitley go into Uber Cup team. But in other hand, Ma Jin/Wang Xiao Li also creeping close from behind by winning two titles in a row.

LYB must be had tough decisions each time he had to prepared for the girls team. Too many top players , both in WS and WD.
    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    While I cannot understand how Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei gtot dropped in favour of Tian Qing/Pan Pan, I do believe that both these pairs may still not have what it takes when it comes to the crunch.

Having the tomboys or more experienced ZYW/ZTT makes sense, although ZYW/ZTT may be vulnerable against the top Korean pair.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-02-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few facts:

• LYB made his comment prior to Uber Cup.
    • MJ/WXL earned their spot. But when it comes to the big stage, CS/ZYL beat them at both WC and AE, in straight games.
    • DJ was injured to the point that YY had to move away from the net to cover for her. Without the net attack and out of their usual formation, they were sitting ducks.
    • LYB blamed DJ for being selfish and not telling the coaching staff of her injury. But really, it was also LYB and his posse's fault for not spotting DJ's problem which actually flared up a few days before the final.
    • TQ/YY was junior world champion. Upon reunion, they promptly won Swiss Open this year without breaking a sweat.
    • Not having CS/ZYL on hand and having no faith in TQ/PP, LYB blindly gambled on YY/DJ, and lost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few facts:

• LYB made his comment prior to Uber Cup.
    • MJ/WXL earned their spot. But when it comes to the big stage, CS/ZYL beat them at both WC and AE, in straight games.
    • DJ was injured to the point that YY had to move away from the net to cover for her. Without the net attack and out of their usual formation, they were sitting ducks.
    • LYB blamed DJ for being selfish and not telling the coaching staff of her injury. But really, it was also LYB and his posse's fault for not spotting DJ's problem which actually flared up a few days before the final.
    • TQ/YY was junior world champion. Upon reunion, they promptly won Swiss Open this year without breaking a sweat.
    • Not having CS/ZYL on hand and having no faith in TQ/PP, LYB blindly gambled on YY/DJ, and lost.
    - Appreciate for confirming.
    - Those were individual tourneys, can't really rely on those/past results. There's no guarantee CS/ZYL would have beaten the KOR pair, should they've been fielded. Also given their lackluster results prior to the UC and during the internal competition.
    Think about this, if CS & ZYL really want to make the UC team, they would've beaten PP & TQ in that internal competition match, eventhough they've beaten MJ & WXL in the AE or WC. Or was there some kind of match-fixing going on?
    - I certainly didn't notice DJ was injured (i was there, front and center, well, almost). She was launching bazookas in the 1st, part of the 2nd game. It was mostly the KOR's pair's tactic in the 2nd game which turned the match around by forcing everything to DJ, forcing her to make plays, which eventually drained her of her stamina.
    - So, who's to blame? DJ and LYB?..
    - Again, that was junior WC. There's no guarantee they would've created the same result vs. the KOR pair.
    - I can sense LYB went with his gut decision, went with experience. I thought that makes sense. Nonetheless, it's not as if the CHN pair (YY&DJ) lost in straight games as it went to a rubber game. I thought the CHN pair could've won, but the KOR pair stepped it up at the end.

Again, lots of hindsights and what ifs..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-03-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No comments on any of her modeling pics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    KAWAIII!!!

Any modeling pics of CS?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Not really her. A better stylist is needed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's not suitable for make-up. Just like WYH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZYL in Chinese Badminton Super League. Two wins on last Sunday.

Name:  1275828325_UcRvmk.jpg
Views: 2058
Size:  45.2 KB
    Name:  1275828612_HuEZtO.jpg
Views: 2057
Size:  53.5 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha. Just gonna love this pic. Are those 2 going out?

http://www.badzine.net/wp-content/ga...10_rotator.jpg
    Name:  zhang-zhao-256-cm2010_rotator.jpg
Views: 3804
Size:  84.5 KB
    Read more: http://www.badzine.net/news/japan-op...k-on-top/8347/

Source: BADZINE.NET

Anyway, congratulation for winning the JO 2010. A good bounce back from china master.
    Last edited by lcleing; 09-26-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    Hahaha. Just gonna love this pic. Are those 2 going out?

http://www.badzine.net/wp-content/ga...10_rotator.jpg
    Name:  zhang-zhao-256-cm2010_rotator.jpg
Views: 3804
Size:  84.5 KB
    Read more: http://www.badzine.net/news/japan-op...k-on-top/8347/

Source: BADZINE.NET

Anyway, congratulation for winning the JO 2010. A good bounce back from china master.
    yup, they are real couple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    yup, they are real couple
    Thank you for the info, sis suetyan.

This cute couple really caught my attention in AE 2010. I vividly remembered that it was the final of All England, a shuttle was sent passed ZYL but ZN was not moving.

Realizing this, ZYL shouted ''ZHANG NAN...ANNNN!!!!!!!''. The scream was so loud that I could hear it very clearly among the audience.

ZN, as if woke up from his slumber, dive to save the shuttle(as if his life was at stake) and rolled on floor. The scene is kinda funny() but in a way it indirectly tells me that which of these 2 is the more ''dominant'' one in the their relationship. I hope I did not guess wrong, anyway the most important thing is both of them are happy. Congrates to the young couple again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

!!! This is exciting news! Suetyan, do you know any of the background story behind this? When did it start? This makes me really happy because they're my favorite XD pair... also isn't she 4 years older than him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's great ! i like watching their games. This is my favorite mix badminton team.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our girl won two gold and one silver at the Asian Games. Congratulations!

It was too bad that Cheng Shu was sent home before the individual events. Hope CS can take it in stride and really improve her defensive game. No matter how powerful CS is, no one can smash her way through in WD.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our girl won two gold and one silver at the Asian Games. Congratulations!

It was too bad that Cheng Shu was sent home before the individual events. Hope CS can take it in stride and really improve her defensive game. No matter how powerful CS is, no one can smash her way through in WD.
    +1 that's the good part about women... longer rally!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZYL the cover girl. Is that her?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks like her.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast