Tension for optimum smash power

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by martykool, Dec 8, 2008.

1. martykool

martykool Regular Member

Hi,

I needed some help in choosing the right tension. I'm currently using a Yonex MP 99 2U/G4 strung at 28lbs using BG65Ti and it suits my offensive playing style . I'm planning to upgrade to an Armortech 900P 3U/G4 and use NBG 95 strings. What would be a good tension to obtain maximum power from this racquet??

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I had NBG95 on my AT700 at 28lbs.. it felt too numb and slippery. I recommend you MicroPowerXL at 30lbs.. I love it.

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    You should use the same combination as before. When you change racquets, keep the string tension the same so you don't make the switch too difficult; change one variable at a time.

4. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    You got a point there ..... i was using BG 85 at 26 lbs for my old racket and i just got my new racket and i thought of make it 28 lbs with micro power ....
    New racket new tension new string ..... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D A total tornado change .... how about that ..... but you still got a point there .... But i am going to do it cos i am not playing competition ......

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    We can't recommend you a tension because i could say 30lbs is optimal for me but not for you. Just go with the same tension as before and go from there.