Electronic Stringing machine Buying HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by risingsun, Dec 9, 2008.

1. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    Hi i am looking to buy a new stringing machine as i have at the moment a crank machine which is pretty old and i would now like too upgrade too a electronic machine as i have heard they are better too string with as they give alot more of an accurate tension bed.

Can anyone give advice or comments on any electronic machines that they have bought or used now or in the past. to help me make a conclusion of which one too but.

My budget is probably no more than £600, but can aqueeze if right machine is near price range.

I have been looking at 2 machines right now which the links are here supplied for you too give me your reccomendations

http://www.watdon.co.uk/wd-strings/ the top of the page machine.

http://www.gefensports.co.uk/combo3800.html

Many Thanks in advance for everyones help here.

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

It seems that Watdon used Pro's Pro Challenger 2 as basis, while Geffen used Eagnas Combo 3800 as basis then add Wise 2086 tension head.

Both turntable and arms almost similar.

3. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    So they are both the same basically then but a different price.

out of the 2, in opinions which would say is the better?? an can you justify your choice please.

is there any difference between a specific badminton stringing machine or combined machines for all racket sports?

cheers

4. epermana

epermana Regular Member

They are not the same. Since your budget is no more than £600, just go for Watdon's machine, especially when Watdon's customer service is way better than Eagnas.

5. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

both using Eagnas based, but different machine name, but if see carefully, they are the same, just that Watdon used Pro's Pro Challenger 2 (drop weight) while Geffen used Combo 3800. Please pay attention at the turntable and components there.

Pro's Pro also using Eagnas/Maxline.

Yes, the customer service from Maxline/Eagnas is not friendly, but I'm using Eagnas and the customer service is friendly enough (from Lily Lee Co. Ltd, the manufacturer of Eagnas).

6. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    Thanks for your response, so customer service aside which would be the better machine? is there other similar machine that you can reccomend?
    what im also worried about is the fact that the side 4 supports maybe too wide or make it awkward to thread the string through the grommets.???

cheers people..