User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Some 50 years ago, the USA was considered as one of the strongest Badminton nations

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post

..but you see, except futbol/soccer (yeah, i'll write it that way), U.S. is the one dictating those "popular" sports (as far as i can see, only basketball is popular throughout the world; baseball is not really and definitely not American tackle football; ice hockey, maybe)..If badminton is going to be "popular" in U.S., we/they will fall in love with it ourselves/themselves, not dictated by other countries...

I don't know if Badminton was that popular or not in the USA some 50 years ago, but the USA was considered as one of the strongest Badminton playing nations then, because USA players were doing well in many International Competitions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Off topic-They/U.S. were "one of the strongest countries" in badminton..^^

..because probably there weren't as many competitors/countries involved (probably no more than 10)....Popular?? maybe but probably not as popular as basketball, American football and American baseball (all original N. American sports, having a bit of British influence)..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..because probably there weren't as many competitors/countries involved (probably no more than 10)....Popular?? maybe but probably not as popular as basketball, American football and American baseball (all original N. American sports, having a bit of British influence)..
    except basketball, its origin was in Ontario, Canada
    Golf and badminton definitely were brought over to the US soil by the early european immigrants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Off topic-Yes..^^

..and if they can popularize basketball, then they can do the same with badminton; we DO need Canada to popularize badminton...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe your reason is correct, Chris... USA Women's Team had won first edition of UBER Cup even created hat-trick (1957, 1960, 1963), they were so strong at that time period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think usa is arrogant,...

Uber cup, only 3 or 4 nations had ever won it,

and they won because maybe there were a few opponents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

russia average badminton players are all beautiful. Same with beautiful tennis player field that is very academic
    such as Anastasia Myskina, Maria Sharapova, Maria Kirilenko, Elena Dementieva.

I have been watching the team russia in the open 2008 ...
    they are all beautiful ...
    The players have a picture russia please ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe on the future , badminton player will have second job as model

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Danes had done it with Camilla Martin - badminton and modelling. So does Germany, not Xu, I forgot her name but she is good in mixing modelling with badminton. The upcoming young English girls has potentials!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    The Danes had done it with Camilla Martin - badminton and modelling. So does Germany, not Xu, I forgot her name but she is good in mixing modelling with badminton. The upcoming young English girls has potentials!
    The girl you are referring to from Germany must be Carola Bott

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Thread polution

---------------------------------------------------
    Russians welcome Indonesian coach

By Raphael Sachetat – September 29, 2011

What have Alan Budi Kusuma, Ricky Subagja and Saina Nehwal in common ? A former coach in the name of Atik Jauhauri. And the 62 year old Indonesian is about to go West when he joins the National Russian team from November and for a year at least.
    According to the National Federation Website, Jahauri has visited the national team’s base at Ramenskoye, a town near Moscow “The first impression from the Russian athletes is very good,” Jauhari said. “I would single out their excellent physical attributes, their remarkable physical strength and a very good fighting spirit…. Russia has excellent potential to become one of the leading badminton powers.”

http://www.badzine.net/news/russians...n-coach/16698/

Name:  J4.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  J3.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  84.6 KB

НФБР

Apparently he will be working alongside the current head coach Klaudia Majorova and also help set up a structure in the various regions across the country. Thought I saw her CV up as an available coach ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-01-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well add (remember someone asking once about this Sozonov after seeing one of their MD matches iirc)

GUATEMALA INT’L – Double delight for Sozonov

By Raphael Sachetat – – September 19, 2011

Very few players can brag that they can play at a high level both in singles and doubles. Ivan Sozonov could be the next “Mia Audina” as the Russian clinched gold in both men’s singles and men’s doubles this weekend in Guatemala City for the Guatemala International Challenge 2011.
    By Raphael Sachetat. Photo: rights reserved

In the men’s singles event, the tall Russian beat his compatriot Ivanov 21-16, 9-21, 21-18. The two compatriots were to play on the same side of the net a little later on in the men’s doubles, this time as top seeds, in the final against Canada’s Liu and Ng. The Europeans had the best over their opponents 21-13, 21-16.

http://www.badzine.net/news/guatemal...sozonov/16526/

Ivanov/Sozonov also won the Brazillian International Challenge last week:
    MD: Sozonov/Ivanov (RUS) beat Cwalina/Logosz (POL) 16-21, 21-14, 22-20
    Last edited by demolidor; 10-01-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when there's a russian girl playing, my focus is more on the girl than on the game itself

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It looks like Atik Jauhari's presence is already paying dividends! The Russian doubles pairs have been making their presence felt at SS and SSP events of late... and not just for the force of their charms or personality...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nikolaenko: Olympics - the most important start in life

Artem Zagumennov, "Megaphone Sport", July 2, 2:00

On the psychology of the Olympic Games and world championships, the judges, the origin of the nickname "Jim," Europeans and Asians, matches in the morning, the Russians chances for medals - badminton players in an interview with the Russian team of Alexander Nikolaenko.

Name:  52434_djim_2.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  75.5 KB
    Vitaly Durkin (left) and Alexander Nikolaenko (right) (AlexB)

The winner of the international tournament in 2012 Russia Open-mixed-discharge doubles finalist category, multiple winner of the biggest tournaments in badminton and a member of the Russian Olympicteam, Alexander Nikolaenko - one of the most experienced athletes in the national team. At age 32, Alexander will travel to London for his first Olympic Games, where he intends to give all myself, to show the world the power of the national school badminton. Immediately after the victory of the combined discharge [XD] of the tournament in 2012 Russia Open-Nikolayenko told the "Megaphone Sport" on the main near the start of his life - the Olympics.

- Alexander, less than a month you will receive at the start of the Olympic Games in London.
    Despite the fact that you are fairly experienced athlete, you have to travel to the Olympics will be the first in a professional career. What thoughts, feelings, now she calls you?
    - Of course, for me it is the most important head start in life. During the '32 tournament more important, I still was not there.
    "This Olympics, I was all his life, the years of training have been directed to this end. I am ready to give up all power of themselves to a decent performance at the London Olympics. Olympics - it's all for me. "
    In addition, I want it at the Olympics to show the world that our country has a good badminton.

- Many newcomers main starts four years, especially young boys and girls, say that getting to the Olympics, they are under severe pressure from the aura of this tournament.
    Sometimes euphoria, anxiety prevents them from demonstrating their full potential. Of course, on your side of the experience. But will it, because for you the Olympics - the first?
    - In my case - it is a double edged sword. On the one hand, I'm not prone to feelings of euphoria. I do not know what to think or how to work with me to see it. But on the other - jim-jams [nerves]. Olympics - it is a very serious event, but for me it is still the first. For all those who come to London, this major event in their lives. Naturally, the jim-jams [nerves] will make itself felt.

Name:  52434_djim_3.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  66.1 KB
    Alexander Nikolaenko (AlexB)

It is necessary to seek a middle ground, to try to preserve the maximum concentration, regardless of the prevailing atmosphere around a sporting event. However, the main thing - do not paint yourself into a corner, do not burn out due to excessive concentration in the tournament. This is worse than to be in euphoria, under the influence of which you just can not show everything that you know how. However, you play relaxed. But the nervous trembling, stupor, even worse, in that case you just can not show his best badminton.

- Do you think that during the Olympic Games will be released to the fore: physical readiness, luck, fate, maybe something else?
    - Physical readiness - definitely not. I am sure that all athletes will arrive in London in its best condition, which will enable them to compete for medals. With that, I think that the problems no one would be, as the Olympics is a long road of preparatory work. But what can really say is little things like getting out of the "right" legs, sleep, stay in a good mood. In short, to the fore at this tournament will be released psychology. It does not matter, you're an experienced athlete or a newcomer to the green, his head is at all, but it is susceptible to various influences. He who is confident, determined and set to the winning way.

-You are now playing mixed quite early (at 10 local time. - Note. "Megaphone Sport"), that did not stop to beat in the finals in 2012 Russia Open-common opponents: Vitaly Durkina and Nina Vislovu.
    So, wake up?
    - For me, the morning matches are always hard to add up. And today I got up with great difficulty. By the way, they ask (Sorokin), my partner, the situation is similar. So went to the finals and I thought that God forbid, in London, our games will fall in the morning, take away that right from the ten percent of my ability. I can not play in the morning. Another thing - at lunch or immediately after it.

Name:  52434_djim_4.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  91.2 KB
    Alexander Nikolaenko and Valeria Sorokina (AlexB)

- Head coach of Russia in an interview with Claudia Majorova our publication noted that the eyes of fans at the Olympics does not appear the best badminton, as referred to psychological factors will interfere with the athletes to demonstrate. We agree with this view?
    - Of course, during the Olympics may affect different factors. I am sure that nobody will be able to play on their 100 per cent. Something each of the athletes will be in the way. Of course, now it is impossible to guess. Here is an example of last year's world championship, which took place, by the way, in London in the same room where we have to fight for Olympic medals. Young Englishmen, whom we Leroy a few months before reporting it is easy to beat the tournament, won the silver medal.
    "And the World Cup - a tournament even more difficult to Olympic, but with his own psychology.I'm sure that surprises are possible in London. "

- And do not fear a little bit biased judging at the Olympics, that the arbitrators will help local athletes?
    - It's hard to say, though, of course, in the world do not have much English, playing at a good level of badminton. Yes, it probably will, but it should not affect the result. Our sport is such that even a few questionable outs can not influence the outcome of the struggle. Although, of course, has happened is that the decisive moment the judge pulled his. We play in many tournaments. Everywhere are judged differently. In Korea, for example, referees brazenly help local players. In Europe - no. Therefore, it is difficult to say. Olympics show. And, then, do not forget that judges are people too, they will also affect the psychological subtext of the Games.

- What do you think anyone in Europe will be more sympathetic to - the Europeans or Asians?
    - Of course, Europeans. First of all, to pull them in Asia, we are already too far released Asians. Therefore, if the judge suddenly decide to help, then just the Europeans. Or anyone.

Name:  52434_djim_6.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  77.4 KB
    Alexander Nikolaenko and Vitaly Durkin (AlexB)

- According to Claudia Maiorova to win the World Cup and the Olympics - it is not the same thing. In the first case it is difficult to do. In this you are also in agreement with his coach?
    - Not to say that fully agree, as both these events is extremely difficult to win, and both of these achievements deserve great respect. I think our coach said so, focusing exclusively on the psychological moment, because in both tournaments, it's different. The same Olympics is a great burden for its five rings on his head, for example, (smiles). In the championship of the world as a small roll on the side of technique and tactics. Hence, the following conclusions about the complexity of the conquest of one titles and the ease of the other.

- The last qualifying Olympic cycle demonstrated that Russia in badminton is the right way, a clear confirmation of what will be won five Olympic licenses. Due to what has been achieved such good results in recent years?
    - Primarily due to discipline. Plus, of course, affects a lot of attention to our sport in recent years. Not long ago, Putin and Medvedev have played badminton, and then began to appear jokes and funny stories about our sport. Already started to appear frequently in advertising racket with volanchikom. All this gives a huge impetus to the development of badminton.
    "Thank you Shakhrai Sergei Mikhailovich - our president. Though he is not a frequent visitor to the tournament, but is committed to the development of badminton. And his work is clearly visible, especially on our results, which are also not random. "
    We greatly raised the discipline, we have become much more fees than it was before, we consistently spend two to three workouts a day. Previously, this was not. Now a lot of attention is given to us, as a result, we have to give yourself more, work harder, work hard, try harder. And in another way. When you work around the established system, you already own another can not, when on the contrary, then ... you know.

Name:  52434_djim_5.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  63.6 KB
    Alexander Nikolaenko and Valeria Sorokina on the podium tournament Russia Open-2012 (AlexB)

- Our discerning fan want any competition medals. Naturally, the performance of domestic athletes will be considered through the prism of the achieved results, the criterion which will be the coin. What can our team? Can they compete for Olympic medals?
    - The chances we have. I can not say that a lot of them, but most importantly - they are there. They are not even 50 to 50, they are not very many. Sadly, this is an objective view on the current state of affairs.But at the same time, this season has shown that we have reached an entirely new level. Somewhere someone shoots at us but the biggest tournaments. For example, we have had with Leroy in Korea, where we took the bronze medal in the competition of the series "Premier". So, all things are possible, especially since the Olympics will be the same players as in Korea. Moreover, many of the strongest badminton players due to the specifics of Olympic selection will remain at home. The selection was difficult, and many dropped out. That tournament was very difficult for us, but it showed that we can fight for the medals.After his self-esteem, and increased little, we believed in ourselves, understand what happens is good that we leave to the next level. I would like to Olympics cemented in us these thoughts and we took another step forward.

- It's no secret what your mixed with Valeri Sorokina, many experts considered to applicants for Olympic medals.
    Are you ready for such a load of confidence?
    - I very much hope to compete for awards, but I try not to think about it, do not listen to people around, who talks about it, because I know that if I dwell on this subject, and can burn out. I have this happened on a number of critical events.
    "The Olympics will try to throw everything out of your head too much. I'll play your badminton, which I can. The main thing - to show all that is capable of. "

Name:  53317_djim_7.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  57.3 KB
    Alexander Nikolaenko and Valeria Sorokina (AlexB)

- What is the state come to the Olympics. Surely old sores bother?
    - I do not think about it. All sores, microtrauma will be treated after the Games. I close my eyes on them.Tolerate, work. As we know, there are no sportsmen, who have no pain. All the more need to wait a month, then will be restored, to be treated.

-
    And at last tell, please, about an origin of your quite interesting nickname in the national team "Jim"? Why Jim? Who so called you?
    - It's been a long time. In 1996 I went to my first gathering at which there were a lot of athletes from Nizhny Novgorod. It so happened that we were in the company of boys, 78-year birthday, and I - 80th.With me on the charges [including me] came three Sasha's. Often in the evenings playing poker. There were seven of us, and the cards only had enough for six. So we played right through. The results recorded in a notebook. And as I write [how to write me]?Sasha 3.In the end, I wrote as Junior, as at the same time at the training camp was my older brother.Then he transformed into a junior Jung Jin as Junior longish written.As a result, this week, I turned to Jim.I am surprised, but true: in the world I was better known as Jim, but not Sasha.That's the story (smiles).

http://sport.megafon.ru/london2012/interviews/nikolaenko_olimpiada_samyj_glavnyj_start_v_zhizni
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-04-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The least poor, google translate []

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL China is not scared of Russia

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast