The winner of the international tournament in 2012 Russia Open-mixed-discharge doubles finalist category, multiple winner of the biggest tournaments in badminton and a member of the Russian Olympicteam, Alexander Nikolaenko - one of the most experienced athletes in the national team. At age 32, Alexander will travel to London for his first Olympic Games, where he intends to give all myself, to show the world the power of the national school badminton. Immediately after the victory of the combined discharge [XD] of the tournament in 2012 Russia Open-Nikolayenko told the "Megaphone Sport" on the main near the start of his life - the Olympics.
Vitaly Durkin (left) and Alexander Nikolaenko (right) (AlexB)
- Alexander, less than a month you will receive at the start of the Olympic Games in London. Despite the fact that you are fairly experienced athlete, you have to travel to the Olympics will be the first in a professional career. What thoughts, feelings, now she calls you?
- Of course, for me it is the most important head start in life. During the '32 tournament more important, I still was not there.
"This Olympics, I was all his life, the years of training have been directed to this end. I am ready to give up all power of themselves to a decent performance at the London Olympics. Olympics - it's all for me. "In addition, I want it at the Olympics to show the world that our country has a good badminton.
- Many newcomers main starts four years, especially young boys and girls, say that getting to the Olympics, they are under severe pressure from the aura of this tournament. Sometimes euphoria, anxiety prevents them from demonstrating their full potential. Of course, on your side of the experience. But will it, because for you the Olympics - the first?
- In my case - it is a double edged sword. On the one hand, I'm not prone to feelings of euphoria. I do not know what to think or how to work with me to see it. But on the other - jim-jams [nerves]. Olympics - it is a very serious event, but for me it is still the first. For all those who come to London, this major event in their lives. Naturally, the jim-jams [nerves] will make itself felt.
It is necessary to seek a middle ground, to try to preserve the maximum concentration, regardless of the prevailing atmosphere around a sporting event. However, the main thing - do not paint yourself into a corner, do not burn out due to excessive concentration in the tournament. This is worse than to be in euphoria, under the influence of which you just can not show everything that you know how. However, you play relaxed. But the nervous trembling, stupor, even worse, in that case you just can not show his best badminton.
Alexander Nikolaenko (AlexB)
- Do you think that during the Olympic Games will be released to the fore: physical readiness, luck, fate, maybe something else?
- Physical readiness - definitely not. I am sure that all athletes will arrive in London in its best condition, which will enable them to compete for medals. With that, I think that the problems no one would be, as the Olympics is a long road of preparatory work. But what can really say is little things like getting out of the "right" legs, sleep, stay in a good mood. In short, to the fore at this tournament will be released psychology. It does not matter, you're an experienced athlete or a newcomer to the green, his head is at all, but it is susceptible to various influences. He who is confident, determined and set to the winning way.
-You are now playing mixed quite early (at 10 local time. - Note. "Megaphone Sport"), that did not stop to beat in the finals in 2012 Russia Open-common opponents: Vitaly Durkina and Nina Vislovu. So, wake up?
- For me, the morning matches are always hard to add up. And today I got up with great difficulty. By the way, they ask (Sorokin), my partner, the situation is similar. So went to the finals and I thought that God forbid, in London, our games will fall in the morning, take away that right from the ten percent of my ability. I can not play in the morning. Another thing - at lunch or immediately after it.
- Head coach of Russia in an interview with Claudia Majorova our publication noted that the eyes of fans at the Olympics does not appear the best badminton, as referred to psychological factors will interfere with the athletes to demonstrate. We agree with this view?
Alexander Nikolaenko and Valeria Sorokina (AlexB)
- Of course, during the Olympics may affect different factors. I am sure that nobody will be able to play on their 100 per cent. Something each of the athletes will be in the way. Of course, now it is impossible to guess. Here is an example of last year's world championship, which took place, by the way, in London in the same room where we have to fight for Olympic medals. Young Englishmen, whom we Leroy a few months before reporting it is easy to beat the tournament, won the silver medal.
"And the World Cup - a tournament even more difficult to Olympic, but with his own psychology.I'm sure that surprises are possible in London. "- And do not fear a little bit biased judging at the Olympics, that the arbitrators will help local athletes?
- It's hard to say, though, of course, in the world do not have much English, playing at a good level of badminton. Yes, it probably will, but it should not affect the result. Our sport is such that even a few questionable outs can not influence the outcome of the struggle. Although, of course, has happened is that the decisive moment the judge pulled his. We play in many tournaments. Everywhere are judged differently. In Korea, for example, referees brazenly help local players. In Europe - no. Therefore, it is difficult to say. Olympics show. And, then, do not forget that judges are people too, they will also affect the psychological subtext of the Games.
- What do you think anyone in Europe will be more sympathetic to - the Europeans or Asians?
- Of course, Europeans. First of all, to pull them in Asia, we are already too far released Asians. Therefore, if the judge suddenly decide to help, then just the Europeans. Or anyone.
- According to Claudia Maiorova to win the World Cup and the Olympics - it is not the same thing. In the first case it is difficult to do. In this you are also in agreement with his coach?
Alexander Nikolaenko and Vitaly Durkin (AlexB)
- Not to say that fully agree, as both these events is extremely difficult to win, and both of these achievements deserve great respect. I think our coach said so, focusing exclusively on the psychological moment, because in both tournaments, it's different. The same Olympics is a great burden for its five rings on his head, for example, (smiles). In the championship of the world as a small roll on the side of technique and tactics. Hence, the following conclusions about the complexity of the conquest of one titles and the ease of the other.
- The last qualifying Olympic cycle demonstrated that Russia in badminton is the right way, a clear confirmation of what will be won five Olympic licenses. Due to what has been achieved such good results in recent years?
- Primarily due to discipline. Plus, of course, affects a lot of attention to our sport in recent years. Not long ago, Putin and Medvedev have played badminton, and then began to appear jokes and funny stories about our sport. Already started to appear frequently in advertising racket with volanchikom. All this gives a huge impetus to the development of badminton.
"Thank you Shakhrai Sergei Mikhailovich - our president. Though he is not a frequent visitor to the tournament, but is committed to the development of badminton. And his work is clearly visible, especially on our results, which are also not random. "We greatly raised the discipline, we have become much more fees than it was before, we consistently spend two to three workouts a day. Previously, this was not. Now a lot of attention is given to us, as a result, we have to give yourself more, work harder, work hard, try harder. And in another way. When you work around the established system, you already own another can not, when on the contrary, then ... you know.
- Our discerning fan want any competition medals. Naturally, the performance of domestic athletes will be considered through the prism of the achieved results, the criterion which will be the coin. What can our team? Can they compete for Olympic medals?
Alexander Nikolaenko and Valeria Sorokina on the podium tournament Russia Open-2012 (AlexB)
- The chances we have. I can not say that a lot of them, but most importantly - they are there. They are not even 50 to 50, they are not very many. Sadly, this is an objective view on the current state of affairs.But at the same time, this season has shown that we have reached an entirely new level. Somewhere someone shoots at us but the biggest tournaments. For example, we have had with Leroy in Korea, where we took the bronze medal in the competition of the series "Premier". So, all things are possible, especially since the Olympics will be the same players as in Korea. Moreover, many of the strongest badminton players due to the specifics of Olympic selection will remain at home. The selection was difficult, and many dropped out. That tournament was very difficult for us, but it showed that we can fight for the medals.After his self-esteem, and increased little, we believed in ourselves, understand what happens is good that we leave to the next level. I would like to Olympics cemented in us these thoughts and we took another step forward.
- It's no secret what your mixed with Valeri Sorokina, many experts considered to applicants for Olympic medals. Are you ready for such a load of confidence?
- I very much hope to compete for awards, but I try not to think about it, do not listen to people around, who talks about it, because I know that if I dwell on this subject, and can burn out. I have this happened on a number of critical events.
"The Olympics will try to throw everything out of your head too much. I'll play your badminton, which I can. The main thing - to show all that is capable of. "
Alexander Nikolaenko and Valeria Sorokina (AlexB)