0 Thread(s)

Where is Nina Vislova?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repentedboy View Post
    LOL China is not scared of Russia
    Thanks for that in-depth analysis of the Chinese olympic preparations []!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Majorova: medal at the Olympics will be a surprise Claudia Mayorov described the medal prospects for the national team at the Olympics

Head coach of Russian national badminton Claudia Mayorov told what the result of her suit at the Olympics, summed up the qualifying period, and told why Diehl did not perform at the Games.

Author: Gregory Mitin

- Claudia G., congratulations on the successful qualification of our athletes in all five digits on the Olympic Games. How to evaluate their performance? Was expecting this success?
    - It was our goal - to qualify in all five digits. It is made, but I can not call it a success, rather it is simply the result of work carried out during the qualification cycle. We are well thought out strategy starts, which is extremely important for the players that take place during the second ten, especially in doubles categories.

To qualify as a duet at the Olympic Games, it was necessary to get into the top 13 world ranking. Singles situation has been defined, although all the points that are over 10 best tournaments we have earned in the first half of Olympic qualification. Created a good start, which then just maintained. In pairs, first the girls had the same situation, and then, in the second half of the season qualifications, had to hard. Many battered starts very heavy draw: either constantly got the best of Japanese women, Chinese women, or at the top. And in the end of this time, we did not have a single launch, which could enter the top ten results.
    Our goal was - to qualify in all five digits. It is made, but I can not call it a success, rather it is simply the result of work carried out during the qualification cycle. Very well thought out strategy has been starts, which is extremely important for the players that take place during the second ten, especially in doubles categories.

Mixed, however, made a dash at the Super Series Korea Open, where the boys went into four. After that, it's been some comfort. Qualifications completed for us, as it became clear that none of the below commands for the remaining three tournaments we will not pass.

- Many people were waiting for the return of Ella Diehl. Please comment on the situation of the athlete, whether it was possible?
    - In theory, it was possible. But Ella's family circumstances were such that there was nobody to deal with the child. It is not allowed her to start training with the necessary intensity and enter the desired shape. However, we do not lose contact with the athlete. I appreciated its shape during the European Championship and I can say that the result was too early to start. With the form that have been before the birth of Ella, she would have sufficed for the 10 events the desired result. If the form is worse, then you need to start on a larger number of tournaments to choose opponents to occupy the place of the four necessary steps for getting on the Super Series. And this is not so simple. It'll take more time, which she did not have.

- In individual discharge from Russia are now qualified Anastasia Prokopenko.
    - Yes, Anastasia Prokopenko surely qualified. This helped her to a good start in May. Tanya Bibik fall was an injury and if he does not hurt that she did in May and June, she also had to be difficult.

- To participate in the Olympics we had three contestants: Prokopenko, Goncharova and Bibik. And Bibik was a favorite. What went wrong with the selection of the athletes?
    - The first four months of training, they were on a par with Prokopenko in qualifying, but in autumn it has received a serious injury - a sprain in the groin. Such damage can be treated in badminton for a long time. And it did not give her opportunity to be selected for the Olympics. However, if Nastya Tanya was higher in the ranking, it Bibik and got a game.

- In terms of medal prospects, the individual bits of Prokopenko and Ivanov, one can hardly count on something serious. Is there any chance in the doubles and mixed doubles?
    - I hold a pessimistic position on our medal chances. There was not even in the history of badminton so that someone with a 13th or 15th position held in the Olympic podium. Everyone who took part in the Games, they know that this special event. This is a huge stress, which does not allow even the athletes within the top five, show a better result. Therefore, it is difficult to say that we have any chance of a medal. On the other hand, if we analyze the performance Sorokina and Nikolaenko in the mixed doubles, they beat players from the top 5. And if all goes will be a good physical and psychological condition, then maybe something will turn out. But this is more from the category of miracles.

- And what result you will be satisfied?
    - If you guys win in the group and will include the top eight at the Olympics, it will be for them a good result. Of course, much will depend on the draw, on whom they fall. But to get to the top eight.

- How to evaluate the prospects of women's pair Vislova / Sorokina?
    - The girls, of course, know how to play well, but the strongest of their Asian rivals have learned. Our badmintonistkam is very difficult to win because they do not have enough stamina compared to Asians. Even if we are winning in the first game, while there is strength and severity of attacks, on the same Japanese just keep the shuttle and outperform due to greater stability. It is already known by all and used just such a strategy. So long as we do not improve their functional form, which is extremely difficult at this age, the chance to get into the top five are not there.

- Just finished the European Championship and the final fourth stage of Super Series. The form of our athletes are now encouraging or concerns?
    - European Championship proved to be very difficult for those who qualified for the Olympics in last place. This applies not only Russian athletes but also of the same Danes. Look what happened to Peter Gade. They had to take part in a large number of starts, and mental energy just did not have to show good performance in Europe. And the Super Series in India, we needed because we fought for these places in doubles. But there were many ambiguities. I believe that such a major tournament could not have been put on last week's Olympic qualification. There occurred some miracles. The second pair of Korean women who never fell into the top eight, went to the finals. They always win in Japanese women, which had not happened again. In this case, we know that Japan is the coach of Korea. In general, it seems to me that there were all the bases.

Similarly, an Indian couple who in the first round was not very strong contender. They do not have enough points, they are ahead of us and because of this.

- But we have qualified in all forms.
    - Yes, it is. But in the women's pair it happened, because Malaysian disappeared. They were above us, but lost the first Korean couple. They have in this tournament have not changed the overall result, that is burned more than they earned. And at the next Grand Prix in a week ahead of us Malaysian in three places. They just did not have a week to get to the Olympics.

In men, the second Indonesian pair fell out of eight, and this has allowed us to confidently enter the number of participants in the Olympic Games. But the British, who in the end we are actively advancing on the heels, it was not possible.

- Where and how team will prepare for the upcoming World Team Championship and the Olympic Games?
    - Our men's team won the right to participate in this tournament for the Olympic qualification, where they have entered into four, and for them it is a scheduled start. Preparing normally based in Kratovo. May 17 is eliminated in the competition.

Women still have a rest after the severe qualifications. Vislova / Sorokina, preparing for the European Champions Cup. And we're going to China, after which everyone will have a two-week break, and then meet in the collection already in Vladivostok before the Russia Open, which will be held on June 26. There are already begin intensive preparations for the Olympics. In Vladivostok, on the collection, we'll stay 16 to June 26, then play Russia Open, and still plan to speak at a tournament in California - USA Open. After that, return to base in Zhukovsky, and we three weeks to prepare for the Olympics.

May 17, 2012, Thursday. 18:30
    Source: "Chempionat.com"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Russians are never to be taken lightly, they are since the time of the former Soviet Union a traditional sporting superpower house. I believe once they decided to take up a particular sport, they will make something out of it.

Give them a bit more time,as it is they are beginning to show significant progress, soon we will see more and more Russian names appearing in badminton tournaments and mounting the prizewinners rostrums.

Just found out,Vladimir Ivanov has beaten Takuma Ueda for the US Open GPG 2012 MS title in two straight sets 22-20,21-17.
    Last edited by Justin L; 07-08-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    The Russians are never to be taken lightly, they are since the time of the former Soviet Union a traditional sporting superpower house. I believe once they decided to take up a particular sport, they will make something out of it.

Give them a bit more time,as it is they are beginning to show significant progress, soon we will see more and more Russian names appearing in badminton tournaments and mounting the prizewinners rostrums.

Just found out,Vladimir Ivanov has beaten Takuma Ueda for the US Open GPG 2012 MS title in two straight sets 22-20,21-17.
    Come on man..It's just a GPG standard achievement. Nothing to worry about.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not worried,just stating a fact,everything has to begin somewhere. Btw, Takuma Ueda is no pushover, I remember he is the one CHN coach Xia Xuanze once singled out as a JAP player to watch.

I have a healthy respect for the Russians and I believe the Chinese too who share a common geographical border and historical interactions, and today the socio-political relations between the two giants are closer than ever. I've read that many older Chinese still have fond memories and high regard of the Russians and vice versa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an American, I would be thrilled for an "GPG standard achievement" for TEAM USA, and losing out to the Russia is kinda poetic considering the historical context.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    As an American, I would be thrilled for an "GPG standard achievement" for TEAM USA, and losing out to the Russia is kinda poetic considering the historical context.
    Unfortunately USA wont care about any sports when there's no white people excelling in it. This shows how racist the country is even in sports.

Look what happened to USA badminton after Bach/Gunawan's historic win in Anaheim. Asians will remembered it but do the White Americans ?. Nothing has changed in 7 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately USA wont care about any sports when there's no white people excelling in it. This shows how racist the country is even in sports.

Look what happened to USA badminton after Bach/Gunawan's historic win in Anaheim. Asians will remembered it but do the White Americans ?. Nothing has changed in 7 years.
    I would suggest you look at the NBA as an answer to your first point. I wouldn't say America is not racist but by your logic American's should love Hockey, but that's just not the case. The sports Americans likes are historically just that, American in origin and have had long established history in America.

The point about WC is true and it's too bad that didn't spark anything nationally. It probably helped a little locally as we have many new "badminton only" gyms coincidentally after that WC. Sad that Russia has not had a similar historic win, yet it seems they have made more progress in terms of their team's standard. I wonder if being close to China geographically helps, also having high level politician advertising and pushing their support is responsible for the increase in standard?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not worried,just stating a fact,everything has to begin somewhere. Btw, Takuma Ueda is no pushover, I remember he is the one CHN coach Xia Xuanze once singled out as a JAP player to watch.
    it's good a Russian player was able to win this yr's US Open GPG..but to be honest & not to discredit the title for Mr. Ivanov, looking at the lineup and list of MS players @ this yr's U.S. Open and his Finals Rd. opponent, Mr. Ueda, it wasn't really a surprise Mr. Ivanov won. If anything, it proves the list of players @ this yr's U.S. Open wasn't as strong. If Mr. Ivanov say were to beat Sho Sasaki (who won last yr's U.S. Open), now, then it would be a surprise.

As for Mr. Ueda, i've seen him played before (also at the U.S. Open) and he only has a few glimpses of talent, imo (no matter what XXZ mentioned).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errrm what is the debate about??
    Comparing Russia, a country where badminton was probably ranked somewhere on the 2nd page of olympic sport actvities until recently, to China where it is practically a national sport. Might as well start to compare the state of CHinese icehockey to Russia
    I haven't seen the draws yet but the only entry with an outside shot of a medal is obviously their XD pair of Nikolaenko/Sorokina.
    I don't even know how China came into the picture in this thread in the first place until you know who came up with such a deep comment and again on the state of US Sports. Speedskating has performed endlessly better than badminton for the US and is also a mere afterthought outside of the Olympics as are many more sports that have delivered so much more than a single WC by two imported players ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Errrm what is the debate about??
    Comparing Russia, a country where badminton was probably ranked somewhere on the 2nd page of olympic sport actvities until recently, to China where it is practically a national sport. Might as well start to compare the state of CHinese icehockey to Russia
    I haven't seen the draws yet but the only entry with an outside shot of a medal is obviously their XD pair of Nikolaenko/Sorokina.
    I don't even know how China came into the picture in this thread in the first place until you know who came up with such a deep comment and again on the state of US Sports. Speedskating has performed endlessly better than badminton for the US and is also a mere afterthought outside of the Olympics as are many more sports that have delivered so much more than a single WC by two imported players ...
    The only person who seems to be making a comparison between Russia and China seems to be you. The point about speed skating is good, pretty much shows their is probably no hope for badminton in America, no matter what result we bring. I'm personally hoping the Russian can reproduce what they did in women's tennis, but not going to hold my breath though.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    The only person who seems to be making a comparison between Russia and China seems to be you. The point about speed skating is good, pretty much shows their is probably no hope for badminton in America, no matter what result we bring. I'm personally hoping the Russian can reproduce what they did in women's tennis, but not going to hold my breath though.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...12#post1928612 Name:  26.gif
Views: 295
Size:  1.9 KB

LOL China is not scared of Russia

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    it's good a Russian player was able to win this yr's US Open GPG..but to be honest & not to discredit the title for Mr. Ivanov, looking at the lineup and list of MS players @ this yr's U.S. Open and his Finals Rd. opponent, Mr. Ueda, it wasn't really a surprise Mr. Ivanov won. If anything, it proves the list of players @ this yr's U.S. Open wasn't as strong. If Mr. Ivanov say were to beat Sho Sasaki (who won last yr's U.S. Open), now, then it would be a surprise.

As for Mr. Ueda, i've seen him played before (also at the U.S. Open) and he only has a few glimpses of talent, imo (no matter what XXZ mentioned).
    You better make sure you don't discredit Ivanov, I wouldn't want him to read this for your sake as he is about 6ft7...

Still a great win, the opportunity was there for them to take the doubles as well, but an odd loss it has to be said on Thursday...

As for Ueda, looks like a good player, has beaten Rumbaka recently. Maybe he just couldn't deal with Ivanov's height... (Ivanov did almost beat Vittinghus recently but retired injured in the 3rd)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    You better make sure you don't discredit Ivanov, I wouldn't want him to read this for your sake as he is about 6ft7...

Still a great win, the opportunity was there for them to take the doubles as well, but an odd loss it has to be said on Thursday...

As for Ueda, looks like a good player, has beaten Rumbaka recently. Maybe he just couldn't deal with Ivanov's height... (Ivanov did almost beat Vittinghus recently but retired injured in the 3rd)
    mmm, Mr. Ivanov probably couldn't believe his eyes when the list of MS came out; he knew his chances of winning were very high..what with only arguably Joachim Persson being one of the top challengers?..
    And added bonus with him not playing in the 1st round, which gave him a teeny advantage..

Mr. Ueda probably still needs more experience; but i've seen him play before, showed flashes of talent but feel not consistent, imo..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-09-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Russia snatches badminton bronze

04 August, 2012
    http://www.rt.com/sport/russia-bronz...a-vislova-858/

Russian badminton duo Valeria Sorokina and Nina Vislova have won the bronze medal in women's doubles at the 2012 London Olympics.

­The Russians topped Alex Bruce and Michele Li of Canada in straight sets in the bronze game at Wembley stadium, 21-9 and 21-10.

"I am extremely happy. This is the biggest achievement of my sporting life,”
    Vislova told the R-Sport news agency. "I probably don’t understand the meaning of this yet. I tried my best for Team Russia, for Russian badminton and for all those, who believed in me. I am very happy.”

Both duos advanced to the bronze match after four of their rivals were disqualified. Two pairs from South Korea, and a pair from China and Indonesia each, were accused of trying to lose deliberately in an attempt to manipulate an easier draw for the knockout match.

Sorokina and Vislova’s victory is an historic achievement for Russia: the first-ever medal the country has won for badminton.

The Russian pair received greetings from the head of the country’s delegation at the London Games, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, who’s known to be quite the badminton fan.

"In London, you’ve shown good techniques and skills, adding to the country’s medal account and bringing joy to all the badminton lovers and Team Russia supporters,”
    the telegram from Medvedev said.

Last year, during his term as Russia’s President, Medvedev dedicated a whole video-journal to badminton, speaking on the history of the game and encouraging everybody to play.

Meanwhile, China’s Tian Qing and Zhao Yunlei and Japan's Mizuki Fujii and Reika Kakiiwa will battle it out for the gold later today

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast