cheapest Yonex Ti-8

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Nick, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Nick

Nick Guest

I'm looking for somewhere to buy the Ti-8, hopefully as inexpensive as possible, but authentic and the 2U version. I live in California, so anywhere in North America would be convenient

2. David

David Guest

Yonex do not carry any 2U TI 8 in the US. Only 3U is available in the US and
    Canada Version. Let me know if you want a 3U.

3. Henry

Henry Guest

Is the Ti 8 being discontinued while the Ti 7 will take it's place? I think the Ti 7 is actually a better racket as it is similarily stiff, if not stiffer and it's also more head heavy than the Ti 8. Anyways, any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

4. Nick

Nick Guest

thanks for the offer David, I've emailed youDavid wrote:

5. David

David Guest

Ti 8 is discontinued but Ti 7 is not the replacement for Ti 8. Ti 7 is a more flexible version of the Ti10. The new MP 77 probably will be closer match to the Ti 8.

6. Brett

Brett Regular Member

As we all are aware, racquet choice is very personal to each player, but I am wondering what attributes people like about the Ti-8. I tried one and I will concede that my evaluation was not particularly extensive (5-10 minutes), nor do I know whether the strings suited me very well (I think BG-80 at about 22lbs.) However, I found that the racquet simply did not feel very good, gave me less power on smashes, less touch on drop shots and seemed to have a fairly small sweet spot.