Head heavy very stiff Oval Head racket ???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by pussiii999, Dec 10, 2008.

1. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    I dunno if anyone asked this before .....

I have a oval head racket that is med stiff and balance i would said ....
    I recently got a ISO head racket stiff and head heavy and i love the feel of it.... But as discovered and i felt it that the ISO got big sweet spot but not concentrated .... But i love the feel of the head heavy and stiffness of it ...

So i was wondering does anyone knows of any Head heavy, very stiff or stiff , Oval Head racket ..... In short a Oval Head racket that is like the At700, At900p, AMP95 ..... Thanks a lot .....

2. green.blood

green.blood Regular Member

Feather basher
    These are my rackets which might equal your description.

Yonex Cab 20 Titanium Power - Head heavy and extra stiff
    Yonex Cab 30 Muscle - Head heavy (mild) and stiff

Both are 2U rackets. Cab 20 Ti Pw is the most difficult for me to use so far. It is stiffer than both versions of AT900 or Ti-10. Cab 30 more or less about the same stiffness (slightly more I think)

Both are hard to come by but anyway from the two better go for Cab 30 MS.

#2 green.blood, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  3. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Cab30 is available in 3U but they are extinct in Singapore. The Mizuno GP88 will be an interesting racket.

Otherwise, you can try those semi-isos which has a flatter head than an oval but not exactly isometric. I'm not sure how those perform so don't shoot me if you don't like them.

4. pussiii999

chef
    Thanks a lot ...since you say it is hard to come by then i think it is even more impossible to get it in perth ....

I think this thread of mine will have no business ..... Actually i really want to get a Oval head stiff and head heavy racket ......

5. pussiii999

chef

Ermmmm what racket is that ???? Do you mean mizuno racket ....:confused::confused::confused:

6. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Carbonex 8, Carbonex 9.. :p

Mizuno GP88.

7. pussiii999

chef
    Ermmmm .... but you are using a GP 10 and TC 700 ..... Is the GP88 something new ..... By the way i cannot read jap ..... if possible translate for me ....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D thanks a lot ....

8. pussiii999

chef
    Sorry i am a bit off topic jhirata .... Is the Gp 88 Good .....I mean i am looking to add to my collection with a Head heavy, stiff or very stiff offensive racket that is not ISO head ..... Is the TC700 ISO since you are using it .... Compare TC700 & GP88 ... which one is better ....

9. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Not yet, just two more days to wait.. :cool:

The GP88 is a head-heavy, stiff and long-shafted box+oval-framed racquet by Mizuno. I doubt that any of us here have tried it yet, but we've so far heard some very good reviews of other Mizuno models from our fellow BC members.

The TC's frame is something in between an Iso and an Oval.. it's very unique. Rather more like, a big oval frame. Perhaps the TC700 could also be listed in the type of racquets you are looking for.

10. pussiii999

chef
    I saw that the TC 700 got a lot of good review .... If i am not wrong it is head heavy + stiff + Oval shape (more to oval than ISO ) ..... will consider it ..... but 1 thing i dun like is the tension ..... 20 to 25 lbs ..... but i know some who string it higher than what is stated ......

Thank a lot jhirata and weeyeh ....

11. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Yeah, I was thinking of the TC700 when I suggested the semi-iso's. These are even rarer than the Cab30's. I thought other brands may make something similar too.

Sadly, the current trend is away from ovals. I too love the feel of ovals, especialy the intensity when you hit the sweetspot. Hasn't really been itching for a new racket for a full year already -- that is, until the GP-88 or TC700 but that's a Mizuno thingy.

If you are keen on the Cab30, you may want to ask around the forum to see if anyone wants to give their's up. I found my first 3U Cab30 here. Otherwise, they are still widely available in the US so if you have know someone going there, you may want them to help you with it. USD100 is a good price to pay for such an excellent racket.

12. pussiii999

chef
    ermmmm it seems that those mizuno model is XXXXXXXX .........
    Anymore suggestions guys ..... OK suggestion for Oval Head + very stiff or stiff ......

13. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    any cheap racket with exposing T-joint made of aluminium frame and steel shaft are Oval Head, Head Heavy and Very Stiff...

14. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I wouldn't say they were very stiff but they'd fill the other requirements. I'd go for one of the Carbonex range.

15. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I strung my TC700 to 26lbs and it is fine and it doesn't cost that much if you get it from HK.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I would like to dispel any myths or misconceptions about stiff racquets. Technically, the best playability racquet are the stiffest and the easiest to play, even for beginners. By playability stiffness it is the materials used in the frame and shaft that I am referring to, not the flex of the shaft.
    To explain it clearer, the following may be helpful:
    I had two racquets made using the same mold (BR2XXX), but one using a very stiff material and the other an ordinary hmg material. The dimensions of the two racquets are exactly the same, except that the one with the much stiffer material is lighter by 10% because of its higher youngs modulus/weight ratio. The flex of the shaft is also stiff but not overly so.
    But the playability of the two is worlds apart, the one with the stiffest material making the one with the standard hmg material feel cheap. It is also easier to play even for beginners.
    By the way, you can have flexible shafts with very stiff material and also stiff shafts with flexible materials. The length, x-section, and the diameter of the shaft are factors in shaft flex, less so the materials.

17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Have you tried Proace Ti-9 or DMS99?

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Carlton Fireblade Elite - probably Carlton's finest racket to date. Stiff as a board and balanced like a golf club.