UK Stringing machine Recommendation - Shuttle Express v Challenger2

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by klc28, Dec 12, 2008.

1. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

Fellow forum users - I need your guidance.

I have been considering for a long time whether to buy a stringing machine to learn stringing, and lately I have been considering the Shuttle Express:

http://www.watdon.co.uk/wd-strings/Manual.htm

Portability does not matter to me. Does anyone have any thoughts on the suitability of this machine for a beginner or how good the machine is?

What are the pros (no pun intended) and cons of this machine versus the Challenger2 shown below:

http://www.watdon.co.uk/wd-strings/Drop_weight.htm

Or would you recommend another machine altogether for a similar or lower cost. The visa from my wife allows a minimal spend amount, and this time she is serious! :D

Thanking you all in advance.

#1 klc28, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

some people said that drop weight is better than crank.

the shuttle is for badminton only, while the challenger also can be used for tennis, squash adn racquetball.

the shuttle express is very light ... maybe you should consider the default accessories ....

3. stringtechno

stringtechno Regular Member

engineer
  4. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    The Shuttle Express is a small, lightweight unit that is easy to use. The build quality could be better. Mine had a crank handle that doesn't fit too snug on the spindle (solved by pop can shimming).

Once you are accustomed to it, stringing can be very consistent. I've compared my rackets strung on this unit with ones done on a machine with the WISE electric head set with constant pull, and it's not that far off. It depends a lot on how the cranking is done.

If I had a choice, I would go for a unit that has a floor stand instead. The Express works best when on a table. That makes it take up as much space as a floor unit.