Replacement for wilson PWS

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Stuff It, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Stuff It

Stuff It New Member

I have a racquet that must be 10 years old and it is time to replace it. It is perfect for me so I am looking for something similar. I'm not sure the exact model/weight/etc. but it is Wilson and has PWS, precision lite and aggessor graphics on the frame.

I used to be a good player but I only just started playing again.

Any recommendations?

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    May I ask what your skill level is now? It's alright saying you used to be good, but today's skill level is much more relevant when choosing a racket.

If we say you're at beginner to intermediate standard now (I'll be able to provide better advice when I know for sure). As you're only just getting back in to the fantastic game that is badminton, I would advise you don't spend too much on a racket. You don't know whether you'll enjoy it enough to keep going second time round. Perhaps a Yonex Muscle power 22 or Karakal MTec 85 would be a good choice.

3. Stuff It

Stuff It New Member

Thanks for the info. I am still advanced, my shots are a bit rusty and I am slower getting around the court but I don't expect to be playing for the county anymore!!!

Cost is not an issue since.

4. Danstevens

Student
    So you're a good player with an unlimited budget. That is music to my ears. However, now you've given me that information, you'd probably do better by getting a high end racket.

I would recommend the Yonex Arcsaber 10. This was, formerly, my main racket. It has a really unique feel so you should definitely try it before you buy. The Muscle Power 99 (also Yonex) would be another good choice. However, it has recently been discontinued so you may have a bit of difficulty finding one, but if you do, you may find a great price.

If you're an attacking player, you can't do much better than the Yonex Armortec 700. But if you're more defensive, I would go for the Yonex Nanospeed 9000 type X or Karakal MTec 75.

I'm guessing that because your Wilson is practically antique, it has an oval head. If you like oval headed rackets, the Karakal SL80 would be a fanatastic choice.

5. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

as i have no idea what that perfect racket was, i cannot help.
    give a description.... is it head heavy/ light. weight?
    things like that can really help.

6. Stuff It

Stuff It New Member

I purchased the arcsaber and tried it last weekend. I dont think my smash is as strong as it was with me previous racquet but the rest of play has definitely improved

7. Danstevens

Student
    Just wait. Practise and a powerful smash will come to you. If it isn't coming, just buy a little bit of lead tape and add it to the top of the racket head.