NBG 95 String Tension -Need Advice

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by xVisualize, Dec 13, 2008.

1. xVisualize

xVisualize Regular Member

Student
    I've been playing badminton for 2 years, and I am still pretty new at this game >< I currently have my MP Limited (supposedly MP 99 with another paint job) strung with NBG 95 at 25 lbs both ways. I think it has been strung for 2-3 months, and it feels like its around 23 or 24lbs now =\ I found that some days, I can play REALLY bad with it (when I clear it feels very weak and dosen't make sounds) and some days I can play better than I ever thought possible. My smashes could explode sometimes on better days, and worse days it feels weak. I thought that the higher the tension, the smaller the sweet spot, and I also heard that NBG has a small sweet spot to begin with.
    I was playing tonight, and during the first 3 hours I could barely clear properly, and during the last game I felt confident with my smashes.

Might sound confusing, but does anyone have any advice? I was thinking about restringing my racket with NBG 95 at 24 or 23 lbs, or maybe switching to BG 66 with 24lbs.

2. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Search is your friend~

First of all, racquets should be strung at the difference of 2 lbs, mains to crosses (eg. 22x24 - mains x crosses). Sleep and proper training should be considered as important factors to your performance. Best to consult a coach if you're planning to get better and serious... I'm surprised that fir 2 years, you've never considered a coach...