User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic has been discussed ad nausum, that's fine if you have something new to add but why create a new thread when you could contribute to the existing ones. You're just giving the mods more work because eventually they'll merge it into another thread or block it.

Jymbalaya, I agree. Most buyers of counterfeits know what they're getting. They just don't want to pay the full price for the quality the brand brings. And they want to be like their peers who bought real Yonex racquets, why pay full price for the look when you can pay a fraction of it for the same look? Real victims are those who mistakenly bought a counterfeit at FULL price and the retailers whose businesses have been taken away by cheap immitation products.

Epermana, I appreciate your need to contribute to the forum in a meaningful but not necessarily the most constructive way. You may think counterfeiters won't copy down all the details, but as someone had mentioned before, fake Yonex are sporting laser etched serial numbers. They may not copy everything but they're constantly improving and are darn close to looking like the real deal. Their goal is to undersell the legitimate business by targeting the customer base and make profits from margins they get from poor quality control and inferior material. Your insightful thread might not receive full attention from them but it is made available to them anyways.
    Last edited by cappy75; 01-26-2009 at 03:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to point out, fakes are becoming increasingly better at pretending to be the real thing, at least off the court,..... I have an SP coded AT900P, correct Yonex hologram, genuine strings, engraved serial code.

How to tell it's fake?... the shaft is so flexible it's unreal, the AT900P shaft is rated as 'stiff',... oh and the shaft broke free from the handle in training,... 4th hit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow How to tell if it is a real YONEX?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro_10s View Post

Just to point out, fakes are becoming increasingly better at pretending to be the real thing, at least off the court,..... I have an SP coded AT900P, correct Yonex hologram, genuine strings, engraved serial code.

How to tell it's fake?... the shaft is so flexible it's unreal, the AT900P shaft is rated as 'stiff',... oh and the shaft broke free from the handle in training,... 4th hit.

So many threads have tried to warn BCers about YONEX fakes. The truth will only come from your 'trusted' seller/retailer.

Here, the seller could be from a shop, from ebay, from a friend, etc... and he/she/they can only tell us if the racket come from YONEX itself or not.

IMHO, if the racket is not coming from an official YONEX distributor, the seller will never be able to tell if the racket is genuine or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The results of buying a fake racquet (I knew this racquet was fake when buying it) Looks nice, but after a few half smashes it's ture identity is revelead:

make profits from margins they get from poor quality control and inferior material
    the above picture pretty much sums that up. the shaft only goes into the handle approx 3/4 of an inch.
    Last edited by Retro_10s; 01-26-2009 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, how to verify with yonex representatives?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Even if a 'Letter of Authenticity' is produced, it is no proof that it is genuine

Quote Originally Posted by santaocir View Post

hi, how to verify with yonex representatives?

This is not an easy question to answer.

If we buy from a sporting goods retail shop (with us going to the shop in person to check), we would probably find all goods come Yonex. Most shop owners order goods directly from their official National Yonex supplier.

If we buy from a friend or from another player from our club, we would not know. If the sellers themselves cannot tell us if the racket comes from an official Yonex supplier or not, then how can we be sure that the racket is genuine.

We have to be smart. Even if a 'Letter of Authenticity' can be produced, it is no proof that the racket is genuine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing, post
    I was all ready to buy a Yonex AT 900T racket, but was skeptical about why it says "TH,CH,SP" on the shaft, because I own one that is genuine Made in Japan x].
    Thank you for clarifying information!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just too many unreliable retailers are selling fake items on ebay, i guess it's eaiser not to buy any item from them on ebay to ensure that we are paying what it is worth the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the fake seller around on ebay is there actually any seller that actually sells real rackets that actually has lowered the price but not ridiculously lowered it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBBPE, I used to resell Yonex rackets (that's what my ebay account was for). However, it seemed that Yonex rackets were just too difficult to sell locally due to low demand and internationally when competing with other online stores. I was selling at probably $30 below price that of MBS including stringing and they were still going slowly. Another thing was that the replica sellers had probably ruined the reputation of "genuine Yonex" on ebay. Now, I am moving on to another brand.

Anyway, the guide may be a little outdated now. I have seen some replicas that actually have alot of the mentioned features. So yeah, they are catching up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knowingly bought 2 fakes from ebay to test them, and one isn't bad.
    I bought an armortec 700 ltd, and the first thing i noticed was the racket bag, the zip tend to do up the wrong way. :S

Ihave 2 legit Arcsaber 7's and the bag undoes, starting with the zip at the handle end of the bag, whereas the 2 known fake's undo with the zip starting at the head.
    I know this isn't a means to determine legits from fakes but it was just what i noticed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's no such racket like ar 700 ltd????the real genuine racket is muscle limited edition,it's cost bout US$108???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just bought an armortec 900 power for 70 thought this was quite cheap but still not too cheap to be a fake,opened it up and nknew it was a fake straight away,just looks soo tacky,and i haven't even seen a real yonex before!!!!what can we do about this,surely trading standards can be informed and put on the case???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple solution - Purchase your rackets from a Yonex authorized dealer or a reliable source if one does not know what he or she is doing.

If one ends up with a counterfeit, it's because the above was done before hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well this seems the obvious option now

You live and learn i suppose,and some times it costs 70 to find that out

just bought from authorized dealer there and cost 140

WARNING DO NOT BUY A RACKET FROM RACKETBUY.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellmooth View Post
    well this seems the obvious option now

You live and learn i suppose,and some times it costs 70 to find that out

just bought from authorized dealer there and cost 140

WARNING DO NOT BUY A RACKET FROM RACKETBUY.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm glad I came across this message as I have been toying with the idea of purchasing from Racketbuy.com who state that they are an authorised Yonex dealer.

About 3 years ago (when I was naive at the age of 40) I brought an AT800 (SP) and NS700 (JP) from different sellers on the dreaded Ebay. Whilst both have played remarkably well, the final confirmation that the AT800 was fake was that when I met a friend of mine who had a UK version, whilst comparing rackets, mine appeared to be slightly shorter than his, and the paint scheme slightly darker. The NS7000 however, seemed to be of a much higher standard, and I have not been able to tell whether it is also fake. I doubt that I struck lucky and got an original as the price was too low, however, the quality and playability was very good. Could this be because the origin is JP?

For the time being I have swithed my allegiance to Apacs, as they are not saying that they are Yonex, an the rackets that I have been using have been very good indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm glad that it stopped you buying from them because they are a farse,not even a contact number or adress,something i didnt check at the time,ive tried toretrieve money thru paypal but they said they cant help so I've just had to take the hit!!! The quality of the racket is the worst i have ever seen,the minute I seen it I knew it was a fake!! I have since purchased from directsportseshop.co.uk which has an advertisment on here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast