User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With my AT900PLC, there is no orange paint as far as I remember....
    The very top of the racquet head is white with blue paint "POWER" on the very top....

As for the cone section, the white paint made it VERY difficult for me to read the manufacturing date on my CD coded racquet.

Post your serial and the more experienced members will let you know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AT900P for RM259 would either be a fake or the best deal ever. I have friends who travel from Penang to Pertama Complex, KL to get the best deal in Yonex Rackets. I went there last week and the list price on the racket was RM859. I would expect it to be between RM600-RM700 after discount. I bought my AT900P for RM480 there and this was back in Dec 2007 when the racket first came out. Average Yonex racket prices have sky rocket since then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epermana View Post
    3.1. Distribution Codes
    Some distribution codes are more likely to be a victim of counterfeit products due to bigger market. Some of such distribution codes are TH, CH, and SP. The Australian code, AS, is definitely safe although who knows counterfeit rackets will adopt "safer" codes in the future to avoid detection.
    I have a similar misgiving regarding Yonex distribution codes, specifically 'CH'. Excuse my ignorance but I was under the impression there wasn’t actually a ‘CH’ code – not officially at least. Afterall, a lot the counterfeit models on eBay come with the ‘CH’ badge. Anyway, a guy at my club plays with a ‘CH’ Arcsaber 10, a bit unexpected since I'm from Scotland. Noticing, the ‘CH’ logo on the shaft I asked if I could try a few clears, expecting the racket to be an obvious fake. I’ve seen several fake Yonex rackets, an Arc 7 and NS 9900, and each one was a clear imitation of the original - an obvious fake. My friends suspect Arc 10 however, looks and feels like the genuine article. For example, all the things you are supposed to look out for i.e. the banana-shaped case, the misshaped ‘O’, the butt-cup and grommet pattern etc all checked out ok. Even the serial code, which is usually the tale-tale sign of a fake, appeared to be laser engraved. The paintjob too looked perfect. The only area that confused me slightly was the handle, which appeared to be the smaller G4 size instead of the ‘standard’ G3 sold here in the UK.
    Last edited by allyjack110; 08-27-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnonedrop View Post
    For the time being I have swithed my allegiance to Apacs, as they are not saying that they are Yonex, an the rackets that I have been using have been very good indeed.
    I agree with John. APACS make some really reasonably price racquets which are clones of Yonex racquets models. They are still quite good and well worth the money. And you can be sure they are genuine as nobody clones APACS racquets because there is no high brand name markup as Yonex (and LiNing) racquets demand.

I have a Voltric 70 which I paid A$180 for and an APACS lethal racquet which was less than a quarter of the price for my Voltric 70 racquet. I play equally well with both and can't tell much difference between the two.

I'm not saying Yonex isn't a great racquet but if there is such a high demand and high prices for their racquets, there will always be unscrupulous manufacturers and suppliers who will make fakes and try to sell them as real ones.

Just bypass these fake issues by buying full retail from an authorised/trusted dealer OR buy from another racquet clone brand like APACS and YangYang.

BTW AJ Racket Mart in Puchong Selangor Malaysia has the best price for original Yonex stuff here.
    Too bad they don't have an online store.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    I have a similar misgiving regarding Yonex distribution codes, specifically 'CH'. Excuse my ignorance but I was under the impression there wasn’t actually a ‘CH’ code – not officially at least. Afterall, a lot the counterfeit models on eBay come with the ‘CH’ badge. Anyway, a guy at my club plays with a ‘CH’ Arcsaber 10, a bit unexpected since I'm from Scotland. Noticing, the ‘CH’ logo on the shaft I asked if I could try a few clears, expecting the racket to be an obvious fake. I’ve seen several fake Yonex rackets, an Arc 7 and NS 9900, and each one was a clear imitation of the original - an obvious fake. My friends suspect Arc 10 however, looks and feels like the genuine article. For example, all the things you are supposed to look out for i.e. the banana-shaped case, the misshaped ‘O’, the butt-cup and grommet pattern etc all checked out ok. Even the serial code, which is usually the tale-tale sign of a fake, appeared to be laser engraved. The paintjob too looked perfect. The only area that confused me slightly was the handle, which appeared to be the smaller G4 size instead of the ‘standard’ G3 sold here in the UK.
    there IS an official CH code. that's the distribution code for the China mainland market. it is a HUGE market as you can probably guess.

the reason many fakes are CH coded is because most fakes are 1) made in China so they just copy what they can buy in the market. 2) sold in China so it is more genuine to have make them CH coded as well.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

one more thing about CH coded racket.

we don't see them often as foreigners don't usually buy rackets from China. firstly because it is risky as there are so many fakes one, and secondly because the China import tariff, prices of Yonex rackets are actually more expensive in China then in other parts of SE Asia. most people just ended up buying from HK or Singapore or Taiwan as the prices there are cheaper.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allyjack110 View Post
    there is CH code and CH code has CH on the shaft (same as SP with SP on the shaft) I think only these two codes that has their code on the shaft
    maybe you can note their cone code and shaft serial and try to post it on the other thread if you still not convinced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    there is CH code and CH code has CH on the shaft (same as SP with SP on the shaft) I think only these two codes that has their code on the shaft
    maybe you can note their cone code and shaft serial and try to post it on the other thread if you still not convinced
    The 'CH' was clearly printed on the lower part of the shaft, just above the cone. I didn't take note of the serial codes on the shaft and cone but they were definetely laser-engraved. I can't imagine that the counterfeiters are now using laser-etching technology to mark their rackets. Afterall, part of the reason why genuine Yonex rackets are so expensive is because the engraving process is actually very costly. I don't won't to alarm the guy needlessly because he's a nice person and a good player. But if his racket is indeed a fake then it is a very good fake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious if there are fake YY Armortec 900 racquets (both technique and power) having the word technique or power printed on the racquet's head (on the upper part)? Thanks in advance.

Anyway, regarding the weight of genuine vs fake YY racquets, i have a fake one, it is heavier than my genuine 3U (AT900T), so the manufacturers of fake racquets are learning fast to make genuine-like YY racquets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am confused about the year code "0" How do we tell if it is 2000 or 2010? ie cone code 121002jp on an arcsaber z- slash hidayat edition

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwical View Post
    I am confused about the year code "0" How do we tell if it is 2000 or 2010? ie cone code 121002jp on an arcsaber z- slash hidayat edition
    you can deduce by the model of the racket. very very few racket spans more than a decade in the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    you can deduce by the model of the racket. very very few racket spans more than a decade in the market.
    Oh yes of course, that makes sense thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my racket has cone serial code 030614ID. it is Nanospeed 500... is it fake or not????? plz tell....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question fake or not

my ns500 has cone serial no. 030614D .. is it fake or not??? plz rply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is wrong.. the right conical serial no. is 030614ID.. nd shaft serial no. is 6508451...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a racquet in ebay i am not sure if is real or not is a Yonex Arc Saber 10 Peter Gade Edition White with the serial Number of I20999JP On the shaft is 6808486 And it comes with a Official Sunrise Sticker Drisibutor from Yonex Vietnam .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast