APACS Furious 900???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by gumpy_999, Dec 14, 2008.

1. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

I just bid on this racket.

It looks similar to the Nano 900 Power white...

is it the same but a new/different name? if not what is it?

thanks,

2. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Hi,

I saw the racquet at one shop at bangsar two weeks ago. Furious 900 has the same design, style and specs with nano900 power red.

It can be deemed as version 2 of nano 900 power red.

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    You bid for it wihout even knowing what it is? :eek:
    Sellers must be chorusing: "Long live buyers like gumpy_999"

By the way, it isn't 'Farious'. It's 'Furious'.
    The thread's title has been corrected.

4. kimir

kimir Regular Member

actually after nano900 power series, they renamed it to nano009 power in malaysia and nano299 power in singapore

5. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Oldhand, it's actually Farious, go check ebay, the seller is racket sport.

I purchased because i was told he was reliable and the rackets were 60 AUD each after shipping... I figure what's the worst that could happen? The rackets are sold in pairs and the other racket was a ES10... =) lets see how it really compares to the ARC10.

6. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hmm... Apacs clones appearing? This market is getting interesting. I wonder if you get to reject the racket if it turns out to be Furious instead of Farious. :D

7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    its furious900. look at the pics closely :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/APACS-EDGESABER...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.com/APACS-NANO-900-...0|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

8. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Wow... the picture does show it's furious... lol show's how much attention i was paying.

9. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

I received my order for a furious 900 and ES10 and i want to let you know how they are.

The Furious 900

It is a clone of the AT900T (my main racket)

Paint jobs are similar but other then that not very similar to the AT900T.

1. BP's very different. The Furious feels very even balanced.
    2. For a normal swing I only get about 85% of the power... When I really go for a heavy kill smash I get about 70% of the power.
    3. Paint job and general feel of the racket feels cheaper (as expected)

ES10:

Nothing like the ARC10 in terms of feel and power. I'm not a ARC10 user but i did compare it with my friends ARC10 and definately different rackets. My friends said the feel was simply very different and said they really shouldn't be compared...

In saying that, the above rackets are fantastic value, I got both of them for 62 usd in total.

Any intermediate would be more than happy with these rackets. I can't imagine advanced players being too happy as both rackets seem to "max out" power at a certain level of strength. It's hard ot describe but normally when you swing extra hard you expect to see a shuttle fly that much faster... but with these in my full strength they don't seem to fully transfer the energy...?

Anyway, they are fantastic value and good quality rackets, I guess just don't expect top level yonex performance... APACS's top class rackets may match top end yonex performance but these cheaper APACS don't...

I'll have these as backups and happily lend to random people at my club for them to use if they require to borrow rackets... (i don't lend my AT900T's)

#9 gumpy_999, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  10. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Update: the Furious 900 and the ES10 feel very similar... they're almost like the same rackets but different paint... The aero x section vs the box x section don't seem to be very different. The Apacs aero section is quite fat and less sharp compared to the AT900T...

11. aloy66

aloy66 Regular Member

So looks like they are generic rackets from the same factory with different paint job. Wonder if the earlier batch were built more closely to their specs as indicated by their web-sites.