RSL racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by gtabad, Dec 14, 2008.

1. gtabad

gtabad Regular Member

I am an advance tournament player. For the past few years, I have exclusively used YY. I am currently using AT 900T and AT 800D. I am a very agressive player with very fast reflex and wrist power. I am looking for a RSL racket that is similar to AT 900T or At 800D. I prefer slightly head heavy racket as I have a strong wrist and can benefit from short wrist stroke. I am looking for a RSL racket that is head heavy, defense return is solid with short wrist stroke, smash is not that important. I was leaning towards either the RSL X2-AP or RSP X2-blue. Any thoughts?

2. noobtron

noobtron Regular Member

well, in my club i use RSL all the time. my experience with them is that, x2 blue is definitely NOT head heavy, and x2 AP is only SLIGHTLY head heavy.

I think X2 Ap is the closest to AT 900T, but since you are an "advanced" player I don't think AP is suitable, as it is not quite as stiff as AT 900T.

I'd say try them out yourself if you can, because in my opinion, RSL have quite a different feel from yonex

3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    we have advance player here........
    should have consider of X2 Gold. X2 AP is lighter than At900. X2 Blue is even more lighter.
    :)

4. gtabad

gtabad Regular Member

Rsl X2-ap

So I end up buying a RSP X2-AP to try. First impression, very light and not head heavy at all. I would say the racket is more even balance. Clears and backhand are very easy with very little effort. Very manuerable as the racket is very light compared to AT 800 or 900. I don't think this racket is for me. This racket is too flexible. I could feel the racket bending and 'kicking' when I smash. although I generate more racket speed, the smash is actually less effective compared to my AT series racket. Same thing with the drives and defensive clear, I generate more 'pop' with my AT series rackets. I racket plans very similar to NS9000. I don't think I will try the RSP X2 blue or gold fearing that it would be similar to the AP.

5. squallyeo

squallyeo Regular Member

mayb u can hv a try at x2 pro. who knows u might play better

6. soccer613

soccer613 Regular Member

EE
    X2 Gold

Slightly Head heavy with proper balance even weight at 91~93g.
    It would be powerful in your hand if you can generate power with your wrist

7. RSLCANADA

RSLCANADA Regular Member

Pres of RSL in Canada
    I would recommend you to try RSL X2 Pro or X2 Gold. Mandarin club and Yo's shop have the demo. You could call them first.