.. overdue intro

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by jebatdurhaka, Dec 14, 2008.

1. jebatdurhaka

jebatdurhaka Regular Member

.. long overdue intro :)

i guess this is a long overdue intro. i've registered here for few months already .. and did post few messages .. especially in Malaysia section ..

a bit on my badminton story -

i started playing badminton during my school days. never had proper coaching .. after leaving the study, i played like once a mth with my office-mates. then .. since could not find the right time&group .. i stopped playing for about 8 years.

suddenly after watching 2008 Thomas Cup, where Hafiz lost miserably to Chen Jin .. my spirit to play badminton cameback. It was in June this year, when i re-started to play badminton again, and the first time to the court was a terrible experience .. I could not even do forehand clear to baseline .. and absolutely no backhand !!

since my policy is "blame the equipment, not myself" .. I bought new racket, apacs vh1800 to improve my game. hahhahah .. nothing chnage .. then i was browsing the internet, when i stumbled to this great site. i must say .. i learned a lot from this BC .. especially on the theory and technical site .. first time i found terms like "pronation","supination", "finger power" ..

and I start to experiment .. playing and at the sametimes trying to figure out what you guys are talking about .. and again, bought another racket, kason tsf300a .. eventhough, deep down inside I know .. it's the technique !! not so the equipment .. hehehhehe.

i've spent a lot just to experiments .. i changed grip almost everyweek to get the feel right .. changed strings and tension almost every month, and last week i bought arcsaber10 .. hehehhe.

now in december ..based on "grading skill" by Oldhand in the General Forum .. I can proudly say that .. I have graduated from a total BEGINNER in June, to a INTERMEDIATE ... hahhahahha, cheers !! cheers !! (btw, this is personal opinion)

playing time: twice a week (court fees and shuttle sponsored by the office !!)
    playing style: mostly control ..
    weapon(s): kasontsf300a with Ashaway MicroPower @ 26lbs (digital string machine)
    arcsaber10 with NBG95 @ 29lbs (manual stringing machine)
    ProAce Sweetspot 1000 with BG66 @ 24lbs (manual stringing machine) - 10 year old racket !!
    Apacs vh1800 - broken while stringing. I wanted to try 28lbs . the frame gave up !!

just a note .. a 26lbs digital seems to me feel the same as 29lbs manual. and Ultra PEF in arcsaber10 really absorbs the vibrations .. especially compare to
    my kasontsf300a.

just a question .. any cheaper racket that you guys can recommend which can perform as good as arcsaber10 especially in absorbing the vibrations ?? how about
    carlton powerblade 9909? especially the mitsubishi rayon shaft maybe a good shock absorption material ..

thx

2. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Welcome to BC. Very good intro. :)
    Congratulations on your badminton level up. Hope you will reach the next level soon. :D
    As for your racket query, I am thinking of trying the Apacs VH1800 cos it should absorb more vibrations than arcsaber10. Maybe you can tell me if it's true or not since you have used both.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, jebatdurhaka!:)..Wow, quite a testimony from you, going passion-less for baddy (not too long actually) to now being full time passionate for baddy after watching the TC2008. And you're being hypnotized by all the equipment reviews. But lucky you, you're playing and being partly sponsored by your company; i wish i was in your shoes.:p
    Anyway, continue being passionate & have fun surfing in this forum!;):cool:

#3 ctjcad, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  4. jebatdurhaka

BadFever,
    I could not really tell since
    - I bought the arcsaber10 after my vh1800 frame gave up while stringing
    - the highest tension I tried on my vh1800 was 26 with 2 different strings: yonex bg6 and rsl tn 650. but I can safely say that, based on my experience (around 6 mths), vh1800 absorbs more vibration compare to kason tsf300a at the same tension ..

hope it helps ..

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hello there..
    welcome to the forum!:)

6. jebatdurhaka

ctjcad,
    hypnotized? u r absolutely spot on !! hahahha .. I could not help myself. blame all the delicious words ..

george@chongwei,
    thx bro ..