Ultimate string?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Danstevens, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Hi, I was just wondering what you guys thought was the best string for my playing style. Money isn't really a problem, I just want a string that's as close to perfect as possible.

I am an attacking player (usually singles) and string at 28-30 Lbs. The racket will be a Karakal MTec70.

I tried Yonex GBG 100, but I don't think it'll be durable at all at 28 Lbs. Am I right?

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    durable?
    depending on whether you use plastic shuttlecock or feathers.

karakal 70 can withstand 28lbs? are you sure that is true 28lbs?

hard hitter + high tension + no limit budget + good playability = Yonex NBG-98

:)

3. Danstevens

Student
    Warranty is up to 30 Lbs. So if it can't, there's not much to lose anyway.

I use feathers (hate plastic with a passion).

I'll try the Nanogy 98 if the CBG 100 can't take 28 Lbs and hard hitting. Does anyone play CBG 100 at high tensions?

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hard hitter should go for BG65TI or NBG95..durable n repulsive.NBG98 is also a good choice..for extra repulsive and if u love thin string.

5. Danstevens

Student
    I have played BG65Ti before. I love them so they're also going on my short list. Do the Nanogy 98s make a good sound?

6. Danstevens

Student
    Bump. I didn't want to make a new thread but have another question (I'm not particularly clued up when it comes to strings). On mybadmintonstore, I noticed Yonex BG-75Ti SemeTitan and BG-68Ti TobiTitan. What's special about these strings and why do they command a premium over normal BG-75Ti and BG-68Ti?

7. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    NBG98 produces great sound.

semetitan and tobititan are not available outside JPN, thus, no many of us here are able to try out. maybe you can have a try and share with us the experience.......;)

8. Danstevens

Student
    Mybadmintonstore has them. I would love to try them for you but if they're just the same as the strings the are based on (BG-75Ti and BG-68TI), then I don't want to sped the extra money so it''d be nice if somebody could just tell me whether they are different or not before I go ahead and buy some packs.

I'm going to Belgium on Tuesday and get back on the 27th (Saturday?) so I might put an order in on Saturday or otherwise, as soon as possible. I'm guessing SemeTitans are better because the BG-75Ti is better than BG-68Ti but I could be wrong. If I'm right, I'll get myself a pack of SemeTitans (or maybe splash out on a box of 5) and restring one of my MTec 70s with them.

9. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

They are JP strings. There is no 'normal BG75Ti', there's only the JP version of it.

10. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    all JP strings is pricey tough.... with one BG75Ti SemeTitan i can get 2 BG 66 or 2 BG85...

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

CGB-100 has one of the worst durabilities, in my experience, of any string, such is the cost of its incredible feel and control...

Nanogy 98 makes a terrifying boom when you unload on it, more so than NBG95 (and that's a shotgun if ever there was one) and I found it surprisingly durable - I would definitely go there before you try the premium JP-coded stuff. You might find it lacks feel, though, in which case try BG66.

500 posts already? Blimey :)

12. Danstevens

Student
    Nanogy 98 it is then. I might buy a pack or two of SemeTitan an TobiTitan just to try them but I think for now, I'll go for NBG98. Thanks everyone!

13. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Did you end up buying SemeTitan and TobiTian?

14. Danstevens

Student
    No, or at least not yet sorry. I might consider them for use on a spare racket due to their good durability - as you may know from another thread, I am making the move to natural strings. I know the JP Yonex expensive elsewhere in the world but if they last ages and play well, it'll be worth it. I tried BG-65Ti a while back, it felt alright and lasted forever. The racket broke before the string lol.

I really don't know why CBG-100, Semetitan, Tobititan and all of the other JP strings can't just be reasonably priced worldwide (although saying that, buying any JP string online from Shuttle house or mybadmintonstore is only 1 or 2 pounds more expensive than BG-65 from Decathlon). I think CBG-100, if its durability problems were sorted (I know that's not likely), could really have a market in the UK and worldwide. It's a great string but prohibitively priced even when compared to real gut - it's only a pound or two cheaper, if that that Titan natural gut.

Anyway, enough of my ranting about how Yonex should make more exotic strings more accessible. Maybe I should make a string review like Dink's, albeit on a smaller scale. I play a lot and own a lot of identical rackets so I could do it, providing I learn to string rackets to a reasonable standard which shouldn't be a problem (please note, shouldn't ;)).

If you want me to test Semetitan, Tobititan, Kyotitan or other (and I'm guessing that's why you asked), I'll try and do it. I'm not saying when but I will do it at some point.

15. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    Gosen Pro-66 (white/clear)

16. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I thought it snapped pretty fast? I get the toys here :D.

17. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    Dark stuff snaps fast. I used the clear stuff and it did pretty good. Strung handful of raquets at around 26 pounds for the guys at the club and they got good life out of it and awesome power.

DON'T let it get cold though.

18. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

飛チタン ( Tobi Titan ) is just BG68Ti and 強チタン ( Kyo Titan ) is just BG65Ti.

You may as well try BG65Power, BG66SHARP and BG75Ti instead.

19. Danstevens

Student
    I thought they were but then I wondered why they cost twice as much. I know JP strings are always gonna cost more to get outside of Japan, that is inevitable but surely not 2 to 3 times as much just for some Japanese writing on the packet. Actually, saying that, mybadmintonstore appears not to be selling TobiTitan any more. Perhaps that proves it's just the same as normal BG-68Ti.

Maybe I should just try BG-65 power, BG-66 sharp and BG-75Ti.

20. mushuman09

mushuman09 Regular Member