White plates go under or on the side?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by blundey, Dec 16, 2008.

1. blundey

blundey Regular Member

I have a stringing machine and with the clamps etc.. and it has two white plates. Does the racket sit ON these plates or does the plate sit on the mat and the sit up against the inside of the frame.

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Please post photos of the entire setup for us. Thank you.

3. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Its at home and im at work :D

Ill explain a little better. Its a two mount system. on the mounts bottom surface it has a plasticy feel. The top of the mount it has a padded metal block which screws down on the frame of the racket.

The white plastic bit in question appears to go between the mount and top block which screws down. Its white plastic and has a hole in it so that it goes over the bolt that the block screws onto. I have two different sizes of this white plastic..one is thick about 2cm and the other is 1cm. I guess one is for badminton and the other for tennis.

It definitley goes where ive put it, im just not sure of the racket goes ONTOP of this white plastic plate or if it goes over this plate and its sits against the frame.

If the above explanation still isnt clear, then ill get pics later on tonight.

4. blundey

blundey Regular Member

[​IMG]

The white plastic bit under the frame at the top mount and the white bit on the other mount

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    They are adaptors (retainers). Did you get a SP Swing?

6. blundey

blundey Regular Member

no in fact I have an OLD tensioner i stole from an old man :p made in 1994:

[​IMG]

The white retainer clips are on the base.

7. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Havign a bit of trouble stringing. Ive done free stringing up until 26b on the crosses, ive also done a pro's knot on the 7b.

Problems im having on my first attempt. The first know i did was a double hitch, when i pulled it right, it pulled the knot and grommet through the hole! So now ive redone the knot as a pro's knot and it feels more secure, im just concerned as my grommet is a little loose now.

This is just a test stringing though with some rubbish strings. Now ive done the knot and free strung to the 26b row i dont know how to start tensioning or where to start tensioning? any help appreciated at this point :D

8. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Not sure how the grommet would pull through the hole unless you're not tying to tensioned main. All knots should be tied to a tensioned main string.
    Are you starting your main tensioning from grommet 12 then working across the frame. If so, this is wrong. You need to start your tensioning from the middle, alternating left and right to keep stresses on frame as equal as possible

9. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Well I tied the main off onto grommet 7a with a double hitch, and just to test it would hold i pulled it from the outside with the drop weight and it pulled the knot into the frame and took the flanged grommet with it :D Probably not the best idea, i was trying to see if the knot was big enough! I havent began to tension yet...i was just testing the knot.

I cant tension from the middle out with how i have prestrung it because of the method ive used from prospeed website...looks like ill be undoing it all and starting again for the third time!

10. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

OK, 1st, you have a tennis only stringer. Very dangerous... the white plastic is for tennis only! You must have notice that the white plastic is very thick and it will block the grommet hole if you place it above the green mat.

12. blundey

blundey Regular Member

I got two sizes. One plastic bit was for tennis rackets, and this one is for badminton (its thinner so allows to reach grommet holes). This is an old coaches machine he used to string badminton rackets and to be fair, its not budged an inch when stringing yet?! I am going to be buying some side supports for it though.