User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Frayed string on knot...

Hi there, just had my NS9k restrung at 28lbs with BG80. Picked it up this morning and have noticed the outer coloured layer of the string has Frayed off

At the front of knot you will see the white inner of the string wher the coloured layer has come off! Now I'm not sure what do to, i want to just go out and play on it, doesn't look like it will be too bad and It's highly unlikely i'm going to mis-hit on that part of the racket (the knot is at the 7 'o clock postition on the racquet) But part of me is concerned that it will cause a fray and go with a matter of hours....

What shall i do?...Is it best to just get it restrung again or do you think it'll be okay? I don't hold much hope If i get the big smashes out Your help would be appreciated as i have training tonight, i have back up racquets but you know how it is... you get your favorite racquet out and all is well in the world lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fray Knot

I am a stringer and I could assure you that this will not affect the performance or snap the string. By the looks of it, your stringer used a pro knot to finish. With any pro knot, I would typically use a hitch to tighten first so the pro knot you see is the second knot. In other words, underneath that knot that you see, there is already a knot in place (not visible to you). Even if the fray knot you see there becomes loose, there is a backup knot already underneath that so do worry too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news, thanks very much.... My stringer tends to use the 4 knot pattern, are pro knots typical of this type? Is a Pro knot and actual type of knot, or a knot that stringing 'pro' would use?

again, many thanks,.. i can go to training and put that knot out of my mind now