Get APACS Nanotec 700 Limited and EdgeSaber 10?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by gkimann, Dec 16, 2008.

1. gkimann

gkimann Regular Member

I started playing badminton again after a few years break, only for less than 2 months. I had undergo proper training during secondary school days so my skills are of certain level, but of course not advance/expert level. I am now a offensive intermediate player and likes to play control too. I am 1.62m tall, slim built and weights 58kg. Since I have a small built, my perference would be having a light racket to last me a few games in a row. My aim for this post is to decide on which of the two rackets I should get to develop and improve my game. Currently using Sintec NanoMagic and Sintec Armortec 8 Power (I'm more comfortable with this racket).

I have read good reviews of ES10 but there is little review on Nanotec 700 ltd. It seems that both rackets are good for offensive play (I think Nanotec 700 ltd more head heavy compared to ES10). Anyone who used Nanotec 700 ltd before please provide your comments on how you felt after using it. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#1 gkimann, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. MicroLegend

MicroLegend Regular Member

This is a review of the Nanotec 900 Ltd

Also, regarding the Edgesaber10,

I also have a "small build" like you,

1.67M at 51kg

The Edgesaber10 is my main racquet.

When compared to my friends' racquets,

I personally find it very Head-light.

Hence, I personally think you can only get good offence out of the Edgesaber10 if you have the proper technique,

As I don't think it's an offensive racquet at all.

Also, I have never held a Nanotec 700 Ltd.

The above is just my personal opinion and that's that,

Hope it helps :)

3. gkimann

gkimann Regular Member

Thanks for your reply, Microlegend.

As the EdgeSaber 10 is your main racket, what is your comment on smashing with it?

4. MicroLegend

MicroLegend Regular Member

Hi, I find the EdgeSaber 10 an extremely fast racquet and it's great at persistent offence (smashing again and again).

However, due to its light (85+-grams) + headlight nature,

I think it is not suited for the heavy power smashes :)

Just my personal opinion.

5. gkimann

gkimann Regular Member

Thanks for your comments.

I think I would try to get a pair of Nanotec 700 Ltd and get used to it. Hopefully with the head heavy, I can get the type of game play that I'm suitable for.

Any other comments is welcome.

6. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hehe... I just witnessed a few incredibly heavy smashes coming off the ES10 on Wed. If you have the correct techniques, heavy smashes should still be forthcoming.

7. gkimann

gkimann Regular Member

I agree that the player (correct technique) makes a difference in how powerful a smash can get. Just my preference for head heavy racket. If you give Lin Dan ES10 to smash, I think it would at least achieve 90% of his normal smash...

8. armour-shuttle

armour-shuttle Regular Member

can you get a picture of those two racquets pls or a website that shows what it looks like thnx :)

9. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    Try this link http://apacssports.com/ecatalog/index.php?pg=view&prod_id=267
    ES10 have a very positive feedback in here or in my country but in my opinion you must look also APACS own range (not clone) Nano Superlight is more likely near Saber 10 in term of speed and play. VSH 1800 and AMP 90 is more feel like Armortec 700/900 than the clone series...:D happy hunting :D

10. armour-shuttle

armour-shuttle Regular Member

Thnx :) Now I can finally see what it looks like

11. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    ^
    but remember if you want to buy APACS with exactly same feel like Yonex, you'll not find it. Actually i never find any brand can feel like YY, each brand have their own characteristic. APACS is make a very good racket with competitive price to the market but sorry ( my personal opinion ) for APACS top line of their racket i feel still under performance compare to YY at the same price...... even some other brands like SOTX. But at the middle price they have many nice racket :D and very hard to beat by performance and price :D
    My suggest is you must try them slowly and find the best for you :D

12. ating1978

ating1978 Regular Member

civil engineer
    I had used my friend's APACS Edgesaber 10 and his Nanotec 900 power. Love the nanotec 900 power as it is quite similar to the yonex armortec 900 power. Control and smashes similar to AT900P. Edgesaber 10 is slightly lighter than the Nanotec 900 power in the head but also a good racquet.