Pain in leg joint

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by swapnilsauti, Dec 17, 2008.

1. swapnilsauti

swapnilsauti Regular Member

Student
    I m a amatuer player practicing badminton since 7 years.last month i suffered a major jerk while attending a drop ,in backside of left leg.I think this is due to extreme streching of leg.

But the major problem is that,one month is over but still it is not cured.i had consulted doctor but all in vain.please do help me out.

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    To start with, this is not the place to seek medical advice.
    Your doctor is the best person to examine and advise you.

Perhaps our members might have a few tips to pass on.
    But your post is quite vague on what your problem is.

Could you be more specific?
    That might be of help :)

3. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Judging by your complaint, it seems that you're experiencing injury to your Hamstring muscle (since you complained of pain at back of your leg)
    * Muscles that move the leg are located in the thigh region. The quadriceps femoris muscle group straightens the leg at the knee. The hamstrings are antagonists to the quadriceps femoris muscle group, which are used to flex the leg at the knee.

The hallmark of treatmnent to any muscle injury, infact to any type of sports related injury (dislocation of joints etc) is adequate rest. This is true as the tissue that has injured need adequate and proper time frame for it to repair itself. The treatment that you take( painkillers,muscle relaxant,anti-swelling,deep heat ointment and supplements) are meant to compensate withe the complication from that injury that you present as a sypmtoms to your doctor (pain, swelling,restriction of movement etc).

Meaning to say,for your injury to get heal properly, besides taking treatment fromthe doctor, you must treat the injured leg (muscle) properly by reduce your leg movement (if possible don't move that leg at all), apply continous compression (hot or cold),elevate when resting and reduced gravity pulling by avoid standing at all time as when you stand with that injured leg, your weight will zoom at that injured muscle area and it will give rise to additional stress to it.

Remember injury like your will take time to heal and the time frame for proper healing will hugely depends on HOW YOU TREAT IT,THE MORE MOVEMENT YOU MAKE,THE MORE TIME IT WILL REQUIRE TO HEAL,THE LESSMOVEMENT YOU MAKETHE MORE MUSCLE FIBERS CAN BE REPAIR PROPERLY AS THERE ARE NO INTERRUPTION/STRESS.