Results 1 to 7 of 7
12-18-2008, 06:04 AM #1
Where do i start after prestring. Help required please.
Ive gone ahead and done the prestring already as per the prospeed website.
I tied the mains off on grommet 7 but found that the knott pulled through when tugging the string and has damaged the grommet. This is just a rubbish string and rubbish racket, so im not to bothered about the missing grommet for the moment.
So ive untied the knot on hole/grommet 7 and was going to move it to hole 8 but I cant do this as the prestring guide on prospeed already has 2 strings going through this hole, so is it ok to tie the mains off on grommet/hole 6? Ill be using a half hitch with pro's knot this time.
So this is where im stuck.
After Ive tied the knot on the 6th hole if thats OK to do, then I have quite a bit of loose string between the bottom last main and the 6th hole....what do i do with this looop?
Also when i finished off my crosses at the very top (not show in picture) ive got a bit of string left...do i start here for tensioning? Ive very little string to move into my gripper now on the machine, less than whats shown in the pic....so any ideas where i start to tension and clamp?
I think this method will require i start stringing from the side and not the middle.
What I can do is what dink does, and remove all the strings (for the 3rd time!) and leave a loop on the middle mains so i can start stringing there? Ideally id like to try both ways from the side and once ive done that, cut the strings and then start from the middle. Ive only got two flying clamps as well not four, so its hard to follow dinks video.
Any help veryyyyy much needed!
12-18-2008, 09:40 AM #2
OK, Here is the issue.
1) You are using 1 piece method with 23 crosses. So it is OK to tie off the main on Throat 6 grommet.
2) if you are using 2 piece method, I will suggest to follow Yonex pattern for MP99 and other. Use 22 crosses, not 23 crosses.
12-18-2008, 09:55 AM #3
Thats good, thanks, so where do i start pulling from?
12-18-2008, 10:27 AM #4
2) I assume you are using 1 piece method, with the machine you are using, I assuming you are using fly clamps also. If both are correct, you will need to tension the first 2 crosses (near the throat) with 1 pull and clamp near the tensioned end.
3) I am still having questions on the way you pre-weave the racquet and how the string is hanging out. Please consult the Yonex USA website for string pattern.
12-18-2008, 10:36 AM #5
Ive used the stringing method which is old from http://www.prospeed.com.my/stringing2.html which is ONE piece stringing.
I have about 8 inches on the top crosses out and string going from the last main to grommet 6.
12-18-2008, 10:49 AM #6
1) picture will help.
2) I assume you are running out of string to reach the tension head? If that is the case, get a used string (or the cut off of your left over main) if you have starting clamp, use it to extend the string to reach the tension head. If you do not have starting clamp, use your fly clamp, place the 8 in string on one side of the clamp. Clamp the left over string on the other side. Then you should have enough string to reach the tension head.
3) Next time, make sure you adjust the string length for the mains to make sure you have enough for the cross.
12-23-2008, 02:21 AM #7
Thank you! Ive finally strungs two rackets One at 22x24 on an old racket with ashaway string (cheap 200m reel) and one Kason TSF200 racket with bg80@ 27x29. Both work great although im a little concerned with my knots. They hold well but feel as though i lose tension when tying and releasing the clamps.
What I do is the following.
I strung from left to right and clamped the first string on the outside of the racket. Then I pulled the string through and started tensioning the mains, once finished I needed to tie a not, so put a flying clamps close to the mains start, and then took off the original clamp holding the lose end, tied a knot and then released the flying clamps. I seemed to have lost tension on the first and second strings as a result of the knot moving a little and taking up the slack.
Do i just tension the first string a little higher next time?
By milliken in forum Canada EastReplies: 0: 09-21-2011, 10:17 PM
By ledude in forum USA WestReplies: 4: 08-14-2008, 05:35 PM
By Dill in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 0: 03-24-2008, 08:46 AM
By Oriental in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 7: 09-19-2007, 01:02 PM
By miketlo in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 1: 09-05-2007, 08:20 AM