User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Come to tournament.....dont sit with your ass behind computer desk..no point...

Isn't this apply to you to? Mr. Brave? Have the time and $$$ to travel around to meet the players is great. However, meeting them a few hours per year give you the conclusion of "knowing them"?

I do not think LYB can claim that he clearly know every single of his players, even though, he sees and talks to them everyday. So, you as a spectator, attend a few tournaments per year, maybe lucky enough to talk with them for a few moments, or even have a lunch together, suddenly knows the entire team structure, and every single player inside out?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    forget calgary, we r ashame to say we don't have real badminton courts in calgary (except for the 2 private clubs). Also, calgary is a plastic shuttle country, if Hauge want to play plastic, he is handicapped by cooler from the start:
    Gotta be in Vancouver - neutral venue. Plus neutral adjudicators. ctjcad can do the "Let's get ready to rumble" schitck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember that CH told me that he wont be allowed to play CJ in Macau ..you called me that I bad mouth CJ...well...that news came from chinese player.....thats so laughable...

Regarding Chen Hong, he totally lost my respect after he started to whinning around, after quit the team.

Remember, when CH quit the team, he's no like 12 years old. He's well grown up, and later 20s. If he's soooo braved to point out all these and that, why don't him quit the national team when he first don't feel it's right for him? Why he has to enjoy all the benefit, when he clearly knows "it might not be right"? If CH quit the team when he 1st has the ability to make a clean judgement (assume should be way earlier than 20's years old), train on himself, and made to be rank #1, then he will be a hero to me, when he had such comments.

Now, he only made such "sour grape" comments when he clearly knows that he can not compete to begin with. Instead of blame on himself, he suddenly becomes "fair and brave" and making comments on the system (which is the same one he stayed for 20+ years, and he felt totally comfortable with). So, errrr....

If you believe a loser's whinner, and treat that as your solid proof, no wonder we can not agree with your assessment more and more often.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Isn't this apply to you to? Mr. Brave? Have the time and $$$ to travel around to meet the players is great. However, meeting them a few hours per year give you the conclusion of "knowing them"?

I do not think LYB can claim that he clearly know every single of his players, even though, he sees and talks to them everyday. So, you as a spectator, attend a few tournaments per year, maybe lucky enough to talk with them for a few moments, or even have a lunch together, suddenly knows the entire team structure, and every single player inside out?
    No disrespect, but you should not make assumptions about someone you don't know. Is he really a "mere" spectator... you sure about that? Judging from some of his posts and other sources, I'd be inclined to think he knows a lot more than he's letting on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    No disrespect, but you should not make assumptions about someone you don't know. Is he really a "mere" spectator... you sure about that? Judging from some of his posts and other sources, I'd be inclined to think he knows a lot more than he's letting on.

Compare to most of us, I have no doubt that he knows the players more than us. However, how often he can meet the player, and can have a deep enough converstaion? Maybe a few moments per month?

Even if say, he can meet the player on a very often basis (attend every single tournament), that might be say no more than 3-4 days per month. You tell me you will know a person inside out when you do not even see him/her for once per week? Well, maybe he has some super power, but I can not imagine that.

Also, if he attend tournaments can claim knowing the players, why he does not trust the CHN local reporters, who surely know CHN team much better, consider how much chance they can visit and meet with the team? Most of those media calling LYB the national hero, same as LD, but clearly "someone" chooses to focus on the "negative" ones better.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Compare to most of us, I have no doubt that he knows the players more than us. However, how often he can meet the player, and can have a deep enough converstaion? Maybe a few moments per month?

Even if say, he can meet the player on a very often basis (attend every single tournament), that might be say no more than 3-4 days per month. You tell me you will know a person inside out when you do not even see him/her for once per week? Well, maybe he has some super power, but I can not imagine that.

Also, if he attend tournaments can claim knowing the players, why he does not trust the CHN local reporters, who surely know CHN team much better, consider how much chance they can visit and meet with the team? Most of those media calling LYB the national hero, same as LD, but clearly "someone" chooses to focus on the "negative" ones better.
    All I'm saying is that since he has got to know some of the players, what he reports carries more credibility than what us armchair BCers put out there. We rely on 2nd or 3rd hand news to form our opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys guys guys, cool it down, we dont' want to get another thread killed by personal attacks and flaming others...This is about taufik and LD, not BC members here...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I'm saying is that since he has got to know some of the players, what he reports carries more credibility than what us armchair BCers put out there. We rely on 2nd or 3rd hand news to form our opinions.

I have no doubt about his 1st hand information. However, the so call 1st hand information do carry more value? I doubt about it. If I talk to a player, who just lost a final match or win a WC title, I am pretty sure s/he at the moment might lose him/herself for a while, and whatever comes out of the mouth, might be quite different from what we normally see. Therefore, I doubt about pieces of such "emotional moment" will carry the value to judge a person's real personality.

To me, I would rather trust a report which focus on the long run, rather than a particular emotional moment. That's just me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some of us are a little hot under the collar. I suggest everyone take a step back and think how they want to deliver their message civilly before this thread blows up and gets closed. Debate is healthy but there is also tension and this could lead the thread awry. I'm sure we can do a better job of policing ourselves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    Guys guys guys, cool it down, we dont' want to get another thread killed by personal attacks and flaming others...This is about taufik and LD, not BC members here...

I was quoteing TH and LD, suddenly I see my own name being called out, and ppl talking about my "@$$"... Well, my name is LB, not LYB... So, hopefully they did not find the wrong target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athelete1234 View Post
    Isn't it obvious enough that Taufik's comment is worthless(in terms of seeking attention) as soon as KKK/TBH won even the smallest tournament??? Just look at the threads about KKK/TBH going uphill or downhill... all the attention is now away from Taufik and swift so quickly.

This thread will die so quickly(even if it is to be locked) as soon as these flaming and arguments stop, so let just allow nature to take its own course. LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He meets the players maybe once or twice (or quite a few times) per month. We meet the players once per year. In the math world, he did 5 or 10 times more than I do. However, compare to 365 days per year, he's chance to meet a particular player, and have a serious conversation is 1%, and mine is 0.1%. If 1% is trustworthy, then I do not knwo what to call 99%.,

In CHN old way of speaking, such comparison is "50 steps laughing at 100 steps".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no doubt about his 1st hand information. However, the so call 1st hand information do carry more value? I doubt about it. If I talk to a player, who just lost a final match or win a WC title, I am pretty sure s/he at the moment might lose him/herself for a while, and whatever comes out of the mouth, might be quite different from what we normally see. Therefore, I doubt about pieces of such "emotional moment" will carry the value to judge a person's real personality.

To me, I would rather trust a report which focus on the long run, rather than a particular emotional moment. That's just me.
    Yes for sure, a good trusty report carries a lot of weight. No argument from me. It's chaffing through the stacks of reports and figuring out the credible ones that can sometimes be challenging. I would say we can take many reports with a pinch of salt. Also personal bias can make us more partial to certain reporters or news agencies.

As for HKH, I think you'll find he's involved with players in more than just "emotional" or "after game" moments.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He meets the players maybe once or twice (or quite a few times) per month. We meet the players once per year. In the math world, he did 5 or 10 times more than I do. However, compare to 365 days per year, he's chance to meet a particular player, and have a serious conversation is 1%, and mine is 0.1%. If 1% is trustworthy, then I do not knwo what to call 99%.,

In CHN old way of speaking, such comparison is "50 steps laughing at 100 steps".
    You can't just equate this thing to simple numbers. It's also about the quality of the meeting and the relationship he has with players. Compared to you and I, he probably has much more trustworthy news than we'll ever dig up.

Anyway, I had digressed enough. Back to the topic, I say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come to tournament.....dont sit with your ass behind computer desk..no point....meet your chinese players to get to know them...if you believe what you read in news then you should believe then what Chinese reporters say about LD punched JXP...if you give benefits of doubt abt that story then you should do same thing on other news....
    China did match fixings..thats the fact...( I did not day it is wrong)....

I think huangkwokhau has a really good point right here. Most of us don't even half of what's going on. Most of us just see the players playing on court or smiling in the pictures that are posted in here. What happened behind the close door is a mystery to us. However we should know that the media blows things out of proportion. TH may say something and the media will interprated it with something else.

Such news like this just be treated as in this ear and out the other. There's really no need to have heated discussion about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe he buys them drinks and get them to talk more Who know, he might even bunked with them once or twice

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    maybe he buys them drinks and get them to talk more Who know, he might even bunked with them once or twice
    Nice gig, hehe. I wouldn't mind swapping places.... only doing the latter, as you have suggested, with the cuties.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast