Ashaway Kevlar 8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kk7408, Dec 19, 2008.

1. kk7408

kk7408 New Member

Has anyone had experience of this racket. How does it compare to the 7000 and 6000?

I have an old Yonex Isometric...about 13 years old now....time to replace it.

I would like a racket for powerful wristy smashes, but also suitable for deft net play.

Many thanks

;)

2. Kestrel22

Kestrel22 Regular Member

Student
    sorry i'm 3 months late, but i just joined this forum and my dad just won one from the comp at the all england:D:):cool:.

Although described as head heavy, heavy is not a word i'd use to describe it as its very light and maneouverable around the net. Of course, the balance makes smashing easy and power is easy to generate. On the whole, i like it although the grip is a bit slim in my opinion.

3. kk7408

kk7408 New Member

Well thnk you for replying....it so happens I haven't still bought the racquet so your advice is very useful and valid still!

I was worried about it being heavy, but by the sounds of it, it isn't that bad

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    You can always build the grip up with more overgrips or a heat-shrink grip enlarger.

Oh and congratulations :D

5. Kestrel22

Kestrel22 Regular Member

Student
    It certainly isn't heavy (its the lightest racquet we have) although the balance is definitely focused on a player who plays a smash based game.

I know you can overgrip, but its my dads racquet so its his decision as to the grip.

btw, i think you can get it for about £75 now so thats good value.:)

6. badwing

badwing Regular Member

Doctor
    I have been looking for one in Indonesia...I guess it's not available here...anybody knows where to look for it is Singapore?...Thx