Armortec vs. Muscle Power

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by armour-shuttle, Dec 20, 2008.

1. armour-shuttle

armour-shuttle Regular Member

My dad is looking for another new racquet. He has his eyes set on a MUSCLE POWER 99/ MUSCLE POWER 100 and an ARMORTEC 800 OFFENSIVE.

He is a very wristy player and he doesn't like the weight of nanospeeds. He likes the look of the MP 99. He like the feel of power :)
    PLEASE keep me posted on some of the prices. He is going to Malaysia

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    If he's wristy, he should love the Nanospeeds. If he doesn't that's no problem. What skill level is your dad currently at? Also, why the AT800o? The AT900P is a replacement for it (eliminating durability problems and just generally refreshing the AT800). Also, check out the AT700.

All of the choices would be great for an attacking player but he should try them first to see which one he likes most. I could recommend something and he could hate it. We've never seen him play so we don't really know a lot about him. It's what he likes that matters so he should go and try all of the rackets on his shortlist.

In Malaysia, make sure he looks out for fakes. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Even if the price sounds about right, check the racket over.

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Then go for MP99 then.IMO,MP99 is stiffer n less head heavy compared to 100.If u go for AT800of,then u're going for an extra stiff with a heavy head.Ur choice..

4. Wexed

Wexed Regular Member

Diagnostic Imaging
    Is your father stuck on Yonex as a brand? Otherwise, as I've come to notice, there are quite a few other excellent brands out there which are easily accessible in the asian market. You might want to take a look at those since you could probably get 2 different rackets for the price of one Yonex. Plus some of them have an awesome look about them. Just looking at that m-tec 80 tattoo edition... I don't know that'll be able to play with it lol, it would make a great decoration on my wall ^^

5. armour-shuttle

hahahah thnx guys for the advice.

We have also seen a muscle power limited edition. It looks sorta dull but if you guys have I would really like to know a bit about it thnx :)

Soz for the lack of information. My dad is 42yo, right handed, wristy player. He doesn't like Nanospeeds because to him it feels to light. He is looking for something around NZ$200+/-. He needs something High ended.

#5 armour-shuttle, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  6. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

you make it seem like the name and brand of the racket is more important that its functionality...

Just get an ARC 10... And let him know 50% of the pros seem to be using and it's the lastest and greatest racket series from Yonex...

7. Danstevens

Student
    The MP limited is actually said to be worse (less hardcore) than the MP99. It really isn't worth going for unless you want to have it as a collectors' item.

By light, do you mean headlight or just light? If you mean light, they have similar weights to other Yonex rackets (3U is most common) so he'll probably have to look at other brands. If they are too headlight, he will be able to go for an AT700 or MP 99 or similar.

Also, is your Dad's skill level good enough to warrant a high end racket?

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The MP limited is not a high end racquet and I don't think it is a limited edition (limited production/quantity) like the AT700 Limited or the AT Limited. Color scheme very similar to the MP99 but it doesn't play close to the MP99.

9. jwu42

jwu42 Regular Member

Histotech
    Judging from the choices you've given, seems like your dad is referring to disliking head-light racquet rather than an overall light racquet. Have him browse the armortec series and my own personal preference is towards AT700 for its head-heaviness.

10. Danstevens

Student
    Then why is it called Muscle Power limited? It's certainly rare (at least in the UK). Or is the limited part limited as in limited performance? Still, I agree with you, it's a bad racket for a high price so you may as well look elsewhere.

11. jwu42

jwu42 Regular Member

Histotech
    Thought the MP limited is just MP99 with a fresh paint job and they are limited in the sense that only a few are painted that way. Other than the looks, it should play and feel just like any other MP99.

12. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    That's why I said I don't think it is a limited edition instead of confirming it is definitely a limited edition. Reason being that for a limited edition, the pricing is pretty low (if remember correctly, less than S$150) and I can see it in a lot of the sports shop in Singapore.

Compare that to the AT700 limited, not as easy to find, though I know a shop in Queensway still have 3 pieces of it.

13. Danstevens

Student
    No, it's definitely more flexible. I much prefer the MP99.

Over here, the AT700 is more common than the MP limited but neither is easy to find.

14. armour-shuttle

Ok thnx everyone for your help :)
    The decision was that my dad is getting a MP99 :)
    It looks very cool
    Thnx again for helping us with this decision

does anyone know what the average price for the MP99 is in Malaysia ::confused:

15. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    If your dad is a wristy player who prefers a even balanced racket, a bit of weight, stable and good power, think the MP-99 or MP-100 will suit him , though its often considered that the MP-99 is a somewhat faster handling racket .

16. modious

modious Regular Member

Sorry off topic but.......

Gladius! :eek:
    Haven't seen you post in BC for a long time. :D

17. jhl

jhl Regular Member

I would think MP99.

What happened to Gladius? Still playing?

Modious: start another thread?

18. Danstevens

Student
    Good choice. I'm guessing it'll be a similar price to everywhere else in the world so do a currency conversion of the RRP to work out roughly what it should be and then use that as a guide. Remember; if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

19. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

great choice! i'm using it for 3yrs! since 2005... is really a nice racket but u need some time to get use to it... and u feel is worth ur money :):):) for me i buy at singapore... when i buy is around S$199... so maybe for malaysia average price maybe RM400 +/-.... :) thats from wat i think ^^

20. Foppa17

Foppa17 Regular Member

I couldn't find my dad a MP99 or 100 for Christmas. I ended up getting him a 49 instead. Didn't want to get hims a NS and I don't think I would've been able to get him to figure out how to use a armortec or arcsaber effectively.