AT250 SE acceptable racket for me ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Paritos, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Paritos

Paritos Regular Member

Student
    Here is a video of me playing badminton (I'm the guy with the blue shirt). I got way better since i had only been playing badminton for three months back then. I was wondering if an AT250 SE would be good for me ? There's a special at a local sport chain listing the 3UG4 model priced at 79.99$ CD, is this price good ?

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=6N7k42s0dIM

#1 Paritos, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

The AT250 is quite a decent racket and at 80CD very decent value. It's good for allround to smashed based players. Many good players at my club use it as they feel the AT700's are too expensive and fragile and find they get 80+% of the performance out of the AT250.

The best thing about the AT250 is that once you get very godo with it and you become an advanced player, it is a very easy stepping stone for the AT900P and AT700.

However, you're in Canada right? There is a APACS warehouse there. They sell AMP90's for about 90 Canadian Dollars... I have not played this racket but many people in this forum swear by these rackets. They use quality graphite comparable to the higher end yonex's and yet are half the price. The AMP90 will feel similar to the AT250 in terms of balance point but may give you uch better feel and performance as it is technically a high end racket. apacscanada.com would be a good starting point...

But yeah no issues with the Yonex - I love the brand (I personally use the AT900T) but wanted to suggest and alternative...

3. Paritos

Paritos Regular Member

Student
    I'll check that too. I was wondering, what aspects of my game should I get better according to the video I posted ? Thanks for the reply !

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I would really say no.. It would actually be better for you to coose a head-lighter racket with more flex, to improve with.. And btw you seem to have a perfectly good racket on the video you posted!! Whats wrong with that???

Instead of focusing on your racket, I think you should really focus on your footwork, that will raise your game 500% a new racket may raise your game 0.005 % ...

footwork fotwork fotwork!!!!

Take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSmflcwGfhI

especially notice the difference in the small jump before you go to any direction of the court...very important!!!

/Twobeer

5. Paritos

Paritos Regular Member

Student
    I already started improving shortly after the video, my game got better but there's still place for improvement. The racket on the video isn't mine lol :p Thanks for the reply twobeer !