User Manual for Eagnas ST-250

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by humsuplou, Dec 21, 2008.

1. humsuplou

humsuplou Regular Member

I bought a used Eagnas ST 250 from this forum, but the user manual/guide that came with the machine is for ST200. Can I donwload the user manual somewhere? Or how can I get one?
    Thanks!

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Actually, you don't need the user guide. The mounting is very intuitive. What you need is an electronic tension calibrator to check the accuracy and consistency of the tensioner. Also, you need a key ring with a string attached and a starting clamp (don't use Eagnas's starting clamp).

3. humsuplou

humsuplou Regular Member

I do not know how to do all the things you mentioned....that's why I was looking for a manual.....:(
    Is there any guidelines I can find online?

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
  5. humsuplou

humsuplou Regular Member

I mounted the machine, but not sure how the tension thing works....and how to calibrate, etc.

6. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

there is a section in the manual of ST-200 (which you have on hands) talks about the calibration and how to use the tensioner. that part is the exactly the same as the ST-250.

in order to do a good calibration, you need a tension gauge or a digital fishing scale (you can get one from Wal-mart). have fun.

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    If you are using an electronic calibrator or electronic fisherman scale, make sure the reading stays on for at least sixty seconds. You should watch the drop in tension. The resulting locked out tension should be slightly above the reference tension before the electronic gauge turned itself off.

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    As a rule of thumb, lock out tensioner pulls to the reference tension and locks out. After lock out, the string tension drops by approximately 3 lbs. Therefore, you have to adjust the latch cage and/or the tensioner spring & tensioner increment screw distance to compensate.