User Tag List

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 256 to 272 of 375
  1. #256
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Anyway, Ow & Chooi will be split for at least a year, until after 2010 WJC. Then maybe Ow will partner back Chooi.

    Btw, next year, is Yew over age already? Yew didnt feature in BD this WJC, Goh/Pang played as 2nd BD and Ow partner Lai Pei Jing in XD, not Hui Ern.
    I thought Hui Ern is best gal player among junior XD.

    Next yr, it's Zulfaldi, Sonia, Yang Li Lian, Tan Wee Tat, Lai Pei Jing, Shevon & gang's turn to rise up.
    yew also 18 this year.
    chooi/ng same age
    lai/ow same age
    thats why they patnering each other.
    there is another reason why they is patner,i sms u
    yes,will be next batch to fight

  2. #257
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    It could be due to language problem that cause Limsy's replies to be seen as irrelevant. Stimes must translate to chinese 1st, then can understand.
    For dunker's points, an understanding of the trends,etc,etc,etc is also needed.

    Yes, now rereading my earlier comments i can see why he replied as such.

    But that does not change the fact that we have a problem turning our kids into men. Jumping up and down now is a kin to a parent jumping for joy stating that their kid will be the next Einstine after getting stright A's in primary school. (not to mention giving Pemuda more ammo). Dont get me wrong, i am very happy for all the players, overall they did do well. THey must see now that there is still a very very long road ahead. and thats what i fear they do not see. NO i do not blame BAM. I think if as individuals these kids have the will power to forge on ahead to be the next big thing, no force on earth or crappy system will be able to stand in the way. I think that individual drive is what is lacking, and it is that quality that prevents them from becoming world beaters. Not talent, skills, speed or fitness. The best teachers can only do so much, the best equipment can only do so much but if these players have it in them to be the worlds best, they dont need all those things. (It is also that quality that made Nadal, Tiger woods and MIchael schumacher different for the rest of the field.) TIme will tell if things will work out but as statistics shows, things arnt looking too bright. I hope more then anything else to be wrong, but i fear i may be right in saying that our bright future is not here yet, more Yeoh Kay Bins in the BAM roster.

  3. #258
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    The usual podium photos :



    Left = Ow, Right = Chooi , LOL, they look more tired & stunned rather than happy.

    http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_Ne...063215/Article
    OYH have larger face ................

  4. #259
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunker View Post
    Yes, now rereading my earlier comments i can see why he replied as such.

    But that does not change the fact that we have a problem turning our kids into men. Jumping up and down now is a kin to a parent jumping for joy stating that their kid will be the next Einstine after getting stright A's in primary school. (not to mention giving Pemuda more ammo). Dont get me wrong, i am very happy for all the players, overall they did do well. THey must see now that there is still a very very long road ahead. and thats what i fear they do not see. NO i do not blame BAM. I think if as individuals these kids have the will power to forge on ahead to be the next big thing, no force on earth or crappy system will be able to stand in the way. I think that individual drive is what is lacking, and it is that quality that prevents them from becoming world beaters. Not talent, skills, speed or fitness. The best teachers can only do so much, the best equipment can only do so much but if these players have it in them to be the worlds best, they dont need all those things. (It is also that quality that made Nadal, Tiger woods and MIchael schumacher different for the rest of the field.) TIme will tell if things will work out but as statistics shows, things arnt looking too bright. I hope more then anything else to be wrong, but i fear i may be right in saying that our bright future is not here yet, more Yeoh Kay Bins in the BAM roster.
    Huh? Nobody is jumping up & down, as has been discussed in WJC thread. And I think the juniors themselves know very well it's a long road ahead. How the decision makers react, that's a different story.

    Ow/Chooi wasnt even supposed to win WJC, their semis opponent (AJC winner) were the fav. In finals, at 4 pts behind, they caught up in deuce & won - seldom seen scenario. Normally kaput already.
    I consider Ow/Chooi, Ow/Yew (AJC runnner up) not as good as Mak/Teo combo. Plus, Ow has another year in junior circuit.
    Hopefully among them, another world beater will be produced, and the coaches & management will dare to make the bold decision like they did in 2006.

    For MS dept, Iskandar & gang are the best juniors to come by after many years. The situation of MS dept was no hope, now at least got some hope lah.

    LCW at 17 was just a small sized kid, not deemed good enuf to take on the big guns.
    As has been proven time & again, individual drive is not sufficient, as there're also politics involved.

  5. #260
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    OYH have larger face ................
    Aduh, that one also count eh?

  6. #261
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Trg
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with dunker on turning our lil' boys into real men in the senior pro circuit. Our juniors biggest challenge is taking the step up. Like many, I am glad Ow/Chooi managed to overcome that 4 match points and snatched the title from the Ina pair. But I cautioned that winning the WJ title is no indication that Ow/Chooi will progress into world beaters in the senior level. We should not be intoxicated because before Ow/Chooi there were Chan Chong Ming, Jeremy Gan, Teo Kok Seng, Hoon Thien How etc. They were all WJ doubles champs, but what did they achieved at the senior level?? What happened to them? They faded because playing in the senior level is a totally different ball game.

    Some say that Iskandar & co are the best junior MS shuttlers produced. I will say this, I agree they are the best juniors in Malaysia. But being best in Malaysia dont mean that our best is at par with the best of the best out there. Our best may as well be just average. What hope are we dreaming about when in reality Iskandar & co are just average when you compare against the rest of the world?

    LCW?? Him being a tiny fella when he was a kid? Well, what has LCW achieved todate? Yes, I mean he is the MS WR#1 but lets not kid ourselves, shall we? Where are his major titles?? 20-40 years from now, when people talk about legends, do you think LCW will be mentioned in the same breath as LD, Liem Swie King, Morten Frost, The Thing, Rudy Hartono??

  7. #262
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ow & Chooi is going to "break up " soon ...

  8. #263
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can i ask who say that they will become world beater?
    someone claim this batch is the best,but did he claim any of this batch will become world beater?
    kinda funny

  9. #264
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    can i ask who say that they will become world beater?
    someone claim this batch is the best,but did he claim any of this batch will become world beater?
    kinda funny
    Time will tell ....
    BTW so fast you reached 200 post!!!I remember like few days ago you celebrate 10k post ...
    Last edited by Amin Khalili; 11-03-2009 at 09:01 AM.

  10. #265
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,014
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    can i ask who say that they will become world beater?
    someone claim this batch is the best,but did he claim any of this batch will become world beater?
    kinda funny
    LOL, let them think whatever they want. We already discuss so many times,looking at so many aspects, now only they want to discuss same topic.
    TBH green horn that time in 2006 who gave him much thought...


    We look at 2010 WJC pulak, so.... ohh Yew 18 already. That's why you said Ow will partner Tan Wee Tat instead ? Wee Tat does look like Wee Kiong, hair style also same . Like that, next time we compare, Ow/Chooi, Ow/Yew & Ow/Tan combo, how is it.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 11-03-2009 at 08:55 AM.

  11. #266
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amin Khalili View Post
    Time will tell ....
    BTW so fast you reached 200 post!!!You are already in 10k category already ~
    Don't you remember? We've already made noise bout this in his fb page.
    You pun join la that day, amin?

  12. #267
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    LOL, let them think whatever they want. We already discuss so many times,looking at so many aspects, now only they want to discuss same topic.
    TBH green horn that time in 2006 who gave him much thought...


    We look at 2010 WJC pulak, so.... ohh Yew 18 already. That's why you said Ow will partner Tan Wee Tat instead ? Wee Tat does look like Wee Kiong, hair style also same . Like that, next time we compare, Ow/Chooi, Ow/Yew & Ow/Tan combo, how is it.
    yes,we will know in half year time which pair is the better combo,now,chooi/ow is he better 1

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    Don't you remember? We've already made noise bout this in his fb page.
    You pun join la that day, amin?
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

  13. #268
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    Ow & Chooi is going to "break up " soon ...
    Yes, that because OYH has to partner somebody else for junior tournaments next year as CKM already over aged,......

    Any idea this CKM new partner...? or CKM will promote to back up....?

  14. #269
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    Aduh, that one also count eh?
    Just the first impression looking at his picture........

    And Chooi's face looks like LCW....just darker....

  15. #270
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    at presents i don't have an answr to your question ...

  16. #271
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    Yes, that because OYH has to partner somebody else for junior tournaments next year as CKM already over aged,......

    Any idea this CKM new partner...? or CKM will promote to back up....?
    perhaps yew hong kheng?

  17. #272
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    1,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    Don't you remember? We've already made noise bout this in his fb page.
    You pun join la that day, amin?
    Thats why I said that ...
    BTW , what is the date for mssm next year(2010)?If Id ask the wrong place sorry!!!

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Malaysian Juniors 2010
    By gemini12 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 264
    : 03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
  2. Malaysian Juniors 2008
    By erin_hakkinen in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 514
    : 12-26-2008, 08:13 AM
  3. Malaysian Juniors
    By erin_hakkinen in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 733
    : 08-18-2007, 02:27 PM
  4. Advice for Malaysian Juniors' Training
    By Loh in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 06-05-2007, 03:18 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    : 05-13-2004, 02:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •