User Tag List

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Secondly, I don't like LCW because of his appearance as a badminton player reflect exactly what the western society view a badminton player - a sissy looking like Asian who plays badminton(this is not my opinion, but what most North Americans'). However, I do admit time after time that he is a consistent player... always a winner at home, but a Mr. Runner-up away from home(at least in 2008).
    lcw is sissy???....this is a funny one......then bcl is a girl already......nice nice......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lcw is sissy???....this is a funny one......then bcl is a girl already......nice nice......
    Took the word from my mouth....some people simply judge based on appearance I guess.
    Last edited by badadum; 01-22-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    Took the word from my mouth....some people simply judge based on appearance.
    its ok...let it be...i wont become low class as tat not from my post......sorry for off topic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its ok...let it be...i wont become low class as tat not from my post......sorry for off topic...
    hehe, no biggie, as far as i can tell, the digression already started way before your post.

It looks like though, some ppl here is not realizing that the point of contention is the constant claim of domination over this, that and whatsoever from LYD/JJS's fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read carefully again below, I provided some visual aid to assist you;

Quote Originally Posted by bananakid View Post
    Secondly, I don't like LCW because of his appearance as a badminton player reflect exactly what the western society view a badminton player - a sissy looking like Asian who plays badminton(this is not my opinion, but what most North Americans'). However, I do admit time after time that he is a consistent player... always a winner at home, but a Mr. Runner-up away from home(at least in 2008).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then i didnt understand why someone critic a very consistent ms player(lcw)?...
    LCW is a WR1 who has never won a major title or anything away from home.

You consider above statement criticism??

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Read carefully again below, I provided some visual aid to assist you;
    i didnt say tat sentence come from his mouth...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    LCW is a WR1 who has never won a major title or anything away from home.

You consider above statement criticism??
    i didnt point the finger on u......this is fact...i never this is not a FACT...but...it is tiring to me...always see the same sentence...maybe u just copy paste it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt say tat sentence come from his mouth...
    Dont shoot me babe, I am not accusing you. I am just asking you to read carefully thats all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt point the finger on u......this is fact...i never this is not a FACT...but...it is tiring to me...always see the same sentence...maybe u just copy paste it...
    Dont shoot me again babe, I am just asking whether you consider my statement as criticism thats all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    The problem with some guys here is that they don't want to accept the stats, especially between JJS/LYD-MK/HS. They always mentioning "The Danes" altogether.
    wow, stats again? talking about stats, this reminds me of a member here keep talking about the stats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    wow, stats again? talking about stats, this reminds me of a member here keep talking about the stats
    Of course stats, what else?? Looney tunes characters?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

although lyd looks very powerful and energetic on court, i still thinks that he still missing something..
    hmm..not bias or what..just missing 'something'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come LYD/JJS thread suddenly turn to talk on LCW? The same topic already raised in 2 different threads at least. Then LCW thread pulak earlier become talk abt MD .

LYD/JJS is WR#1 now till AE at least, narnia, you'll sure be happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    The PROBLEM is you are too arrogant painting your pairs like SUPER power pair..just be humble....it is okay they are number 1 but dont look down on other pairs as LYD/JJS is not even WC or Olympic Champion yet...your pairalways stumbled in BIG EVENTS...proving they are mentally WEAK.( just admitted)...we are fans of MK/HS but we never parade them as the best of the best....just dont like the way or your language....they are still far to go....trust me!!...just be HUMBLE!!!!

Yes, I fully agree. Narnia, I think it is the way you write your posts that turn people "against" LYD/JJS. Although you are a die hard fan of them I guess you should not close your eyes (i.e underestimate) of other players ability & achievement. LYD/JJS is indeed a great pair. They participated in many tourneys in yr 2008 and early jan 09 and many pairs started to learn or even have learnt how to defeat them, so it's too early to say they are the dominating men double games.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    The problem with some guys here is that they don't want to accept the stats, especially between JJS/LYD-MK/HS. They always mentioning "The Danes" altogether.
    Hmmmm, I gave stats that actually favour LYD/JJS leh.

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    No problem...you are welcome..

JJS/LYD is one of strong team..but they are not dominating yet...
    Because in 2008:

LYD/JJS won 4 titles: AE,Swiss, Hongkong and China Open (2)
    MK/HS won 5 titles: Olympis, MAS, China Open (1), French and DEnmark..

Lets say that no pair is really dominating in MD...it is good for sport...we still have Chinese MD, danes MD, MAS MD plus nathan/Clark...
    Errrr, Hauge, the number of titles stats I already posted a couple of pages back.
    1) for 2008 , LYD/JJS won 4 out of 6 SS or 4 out of 7(include SS FInals) they participated = 66.67% or 57.14%. 2) MK/Hendra won 4 out of 10 SS or 4 out of 11 that they participated = 40% or 36.36%.
    2) 2008 - Include all tourneys from GP upwards, including OG : LYD/JJS = 5/10 = 50%. MK/H = 5/11 = 41.67%, LYD/JJS is highest %, MK/H 2nd highest

But I also pointed out :
    3) 2 yr period of 2007 & 2008 : MK/H = 9/27 =30%, inlcude OG & WC, highest %. LYD/JJS = 6/24 = 25% = 4th highest.
    4) If counting the 4 major tourneys - AE, AG, WC, OG : MK/H have won 2 = WC & OG, the other MD pair still playing that has both these titles are Tony/Chandra. If I'm not mistaken Tony/Chandra also won AE bf but not AG. The others : Fu/Cai = AE & WC, KK/TBH = AE & AG, Lars/Jonas = WC, LYD/JJS = AE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kirana View Post
    Yes, I fully agree. Narnia, I think it is the way you write your posts that turn people "against" LYD/JJS. Although you are a die hard fan of them I guess you should not close your eyes (i.e underestimate) of other players ability & achievement. LYD/JJS is indeed a great pair. They participated in many tourneys in yr 2008 and early jan 09 and many pairs started to learn or even have learnt how to defeat them, so it's too early to say they are the dominating men double games.
    Thank you for pointing, kirana.

But forget it. S/he already stated that "I don't put much care on the title names. I care for the head-to-head stats among the top-rankers to get a sense of who's the real best."

Which gives me some new light: MK/HS' OG gold is meaningless (i.e. not that strong mah) since their H-2-H stats against the newly crowned WR No. 1 are rather disappointing anyway.
    Last edited by Jagdpanther; 01-23-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast