JJS/LYD - Road to the WR #1

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by narnia, Dec 22, 2008.

1. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Even though there are separate threads for each player, Jung Jae Sung and Lee Yong Dae, which seem to be dedicated for the fans for each individual player, I feel we need a consolidated thread to discuss their "plays" as a MD team.

If there is anyone still wondering JJS will go for military service so that he cannot play with LYD any more, please refer to the following:
    AFAIK they have teamed up since 2006 when LYD was just 18 years old and have shown tremendous advancement and especially in 2008, they were in top form to take four Super Series titles: All England, Swiss, China, Hong Kong. In spite of their big failure in the Olympics, their super dominance in MD has gone through to the end of this year.

They're now ranked #2 remaining about 9700 points to take over #1 of MK/HS. The bright point is that they have all won over the number one team in this year of 2008 in Swiss Open, Thomas Cup SF, and in SSF. In SSF Final, they lost to KKK/TBH but the MAS team's ranking is #6. Admitting also that the differences of the top players' are very marginal, in early 2009 BWF will have two super series in January in MAS and KOR. With altogether these information, the time is coming around that JJS/LYD will be the WR #1 in MD.

Attached Files:

#1 narnia, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...expecting another chaos...haiz...

3. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    JJS/LYD can be the WR#1, if they can maintain their performance..
    and also indonesia pelatnas have many problem. so all the player back to their own club to train. maybe the player should fund themselves to go to Malaysia & korea SS..
    PBSi haven't got any sponsor..
    it can influence MK/HS performance as the world #1 now..
    [​IMG]

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    koo/tan steel the lame light...so...no ppl reply here...

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Maybe SBA will take action on it.

We will be not suprise when MK/HS and other INA players play for Singapore in future......

6. narnia

narnia Regular Member

That's a very bad news. Every country sometimes suffers from that kind of endogenous problems. Hope everything will be settled down soon so that all players can play freely without any concerns on their mind. :eek:

7. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Nah, not to worry. Pelatnas will commence in January as scheduled (albeit perhaps with smaller # of players being selected), and MK/HS is still on track to be in MAS SS along with the rest of the INA contigent...(unless Kido's injury requires more resting time). Dunno yet about the plan for KOR SS...there's some grumbling of not going there due to bad officiating experience...but dunno if its anything more than that.

8. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Amen to that.
    Badai pasti berlalu. :p

9. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Glory

WR #1 can come and go. Losing it is not a big problem at all. However

[​IMG]

will be always there, forever and ever!

MANTAP!
    ;)

Sorry, narnia. KKK/TBH steal all the show.Your beloved LYD can wait.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's time to invade this thread then :eek: Poor thing, the Great LYD got ignored while Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong were the focus of attention yet again.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    invade???...hehe...
    YES...perharps...lyd fans should stand OUT...conquer here...:D

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Remember....it's confirmed that LYD has conquered every nationality's style of playing....look at the way he and JJS or LHJ have beaten almost every top CHN, INA, MAS, and whatever other top pairs :eek: We certainly don't need to be reminded of that again :eek:

Unfortunately, the great LYD himself got conquered by the nationality that he was supposed to have conquered....confusing right???

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    totally agree...hehe...:D...u so naughty this few days...:p

14. badadum

badadum Regular Member

My head's still recovering from trying to follow this endless circle of conquering each other. :p

15. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I feel that I need to copy here what I wrote in the KKK thread after watching the SSF Final:

Congrats again Koo/Tan. Today, they showed how they have improved especially in their mentality along with some strategical changes in their skills. They mixed weak and strong strokes quite properly like the KOR team has used it and they kept their concentrations very well and calm to the ending point. Quite different from the past performance. Great! On the contrary, KOR team was quite in a rush while LYD was stuck in the back in the 2nd game that's unusual with him. Anyway, the result came true as I expected yesterday in another thread.

For a long time, TBH/KKK was stuck in their styles not corrected and improved a lot. Today, they showed something different. They looked they now know a little of the true joy of badminton. They looked enjoying playing even when they were losing... :)

In MAS Open in January I hope to see how JJS/LYD wll prepare against KKK/TBH again in their home ground. As we always watching them, they are ever learning players. They are fast to catch their opponents' plays.

#15 narnia, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  16. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    At last!

Thank God, you finally realised it.
    If you won over an opponent yesterday, there's no guarantee that you can win over him tomorrow.

Therefore, that 'style-mastering' concept is kinda stu..., er, funny.;):rolleyes:

#16 Jagdpanther, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  17. narnia

narnia Regular Member

haha, mastering is always there, the matter is how long they can endure. Think about PJB/KMS or KDM/RKM. There were the periods for absolute(don't take the word literally...) dominance for those super players. After rally point system has been introduced, the dominance period has been quite shortened.

When I said JJS/LYD had mastered the styles of other countries, I meant they learned a lot of their "existing" styles so the players should change their styles and show some differences to defend JJS/LYD. Now, Koo/Tan showed something, but not yet in the case of MK/HS.

For Koo/Tan to show their real difference, they should show the consistency in the next torneys, at least held in another county. I always hope all the players keep improving because badminton is a sports of relativity.

JJS/LYD's dominating power still goes on. In their next match against Koo/Tan I expect they will surely show how they are preparing to defend the new challenge.

For the topic, I'm just thinking the current true WR#1 in MD is JJS/LYD. If they start to lose more games in the next tourneys, I am willing to adjust the ranking on my mind. No problem. Merry Christmas you guys :)

#17 narnia, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...we will see this soon...if they meet in mo 09 quater...the result speak the truth

19. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

I love to watch this pair play. They are both so energetic and passionate about the game.

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Frankly, total dominance is difficult to do in MD. We are no longer during Park Joo Bong's era and the way the game is played has totally changed.

In addition, we saw how gaps are bridged between the strong and not so strong teams since the new scoring system came into effect. Playing styles too become decisive if there is no proper counter to them.

In the Super Series Masters, INA pair almost lost to Boe/Mogensen, Fairuz/Zakry made a mess off ENG challenge (and this is with Adcock the only one playing well, Blair not in top form), KOR was severely challenged by the same ENG pair.