User Tag List

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 460 to 476 of 590
  1. #460
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,406
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..Yoo Yeoooon-Suuuuuung...I believe he was one of HJM's early partners..
    His pic:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...2&postcount=22
    No. Yoo Yeon Seong's former partner was Jeon Jun Beom. They were together since middle school, at least. I don't remember him ever playing with Hwang, who was at the same high school as Lee Jae Jin, but 2 years behind. He and Lee Jae Jin actually won the AJC together in 2001. Lee had played in the AJC in 2000 with Jung. Lee and Jung went to uni together from 2002 to 2004 but had no int'l results during that time, only domestic (Korea had three solid veteran pairs at the time in Kim/Ha, Lee/Yoo and Kim/Yim) so their only complete international season together was 2005, when they went to world #6. Meanwhile, Hwang bopped around with different partners, including Kim Dae Sung, Lee Eun Woo, Han Sang Hoon, Lee Jae Jin, Jung Tae Keuk and even Jung Jae Sung, with whom he was runner-up in 2004 at the Vietnam Satellite.

    Oops. I stand corrected. Hwang and Yoo did play together at the 2005 Korea Open. I don't know that it was more than a scratch pairing.
    Last edited by event; 06-20-2009 at 11:48 PM.

  2. #461
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    DKF
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    2009 INA MD Final

    Both teams showed a perfect MD match and most advanced plays of MD.

    JJS/LYD just dominated the SPEED.

    Name:  INA2009.png
Views: 356
Size:  16.5 KB

  3. #462
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Which game is that??..

    ..it seemed like LYD was in control of the net in most of the match..pretty entertaining match though..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-21-2009 at 06:26 AM.

  4. #463
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Off topic-Yeah..

    Quote Originally Posted by event View Post
    No. Yoo Yeon Seong's former partner was Jeon Jun Beom. They were together since middle school, at least. I don't remember him ever playing with Hwang, who was at the same high school as Lee Jae Jin, but 2 years behind. He and Lee Jae Jin actually won the AJC together in 2001. Lee had played in the AJC in 2000 with Jung. Lee and Jung went to uni together from 2002 to 2004 but had no int'l results during that time, only domestic (Korea had three solid veteran pairs at the time in Kim/Ha, Lee/Yoo and Kim/Yim) so their only complete international season together was 2005, when they went to world #6. Meanwhile, Hwang bopped around with different partners, including Kim Dae Sung, Lee Eun Woo, Han Sang Hoon, Lee Jae Jin, Jung Tae Keuk and even Jung Jae Sung, with whom he was runner-up in 2004 at the Vietnam Satellite.

    Oops. I stand corrected. Hwang and Yoo did play together at the 2005 Korea Open. I don't know that it was more than a scratch pairing.
    ..Thus i mentioned, Yoo Yeon-Sung was "one of Hwang Ji-Man's early
    partners"..(thanks for providing those additional names of Hwang Ji-Man's previous partners)..

    So, out of the lot, who was the longest playing partner for Hwang Ji-Man, since it seemed like he never had a steady or long enough MD partner??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-21-2009 at 06:29 AM.

  5. #464
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    M'sian players should learn from this......

  6. #465
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    jakarta
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    perfect job LYD in MD..
    i think he don't know about tired..he has perfect stamina..

  7. #466
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default They got their rhythm back..

    ..in the INA Open MD Final vs. CY & FHF. Good defence and esp. sharp at the net. Aggressive and definitely got their rhythm back. Definite favorites to win the MD title in the upcoming World Championships. Best of luck!

  8. #467
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,460
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congratulations to Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae for winning the Djarum Indonesia SS 2009. In the earlier post, I had predicted that unless there's a major upset, they should win the title.

    Whether or not they will win the World Championships 2009 will depend on their draw. Remember, they were in supreme form prior to the Beijing Olympics 2008 and almost everyone thought they will walk away with the title, having beaten Kido/Hendra, Koo/Tan, and Fu/Cai in the previous tourneys. God forbid that they lose this one again due to unfavorable draw

  9. #468
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,460
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Given that they will face their compatriot Han Sang Hoon/Cho Gun Woo in R32, I am pretty confident that they will not repeat the bitter disappointment of the whole KOR team this week in Singapore Jung/Lee should advance all the way to the title barring some incredible upset again
    This is what I wrote earlier

  10. #469
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default For me..

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    ...
    Whether or not they will win the World Championships 2009 will depend on their draw. Remember, they were in supreme form prior to the Beijing Olympics 2008 and almost everyone thought they will walk away with the title, having beaten Kido/Hendra, Koo/Tan, and Fu/Cai in the previous tourneys. God forbid that they lose this one again due to unfavorable draw
    ..i'll grant them a pass in that it was their first time playing in such a big stage like the Olympics. I, for one, didn't expect them to win or go far in last yr's OG.
    However, this should be their 2nd time playing in the WC, while making it all the way into the Final Rd the first time they played 2 yrs ago and i'd expect nothing short of another Final Rd appearance.

  11. #470
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,960
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zabee View Post
    M'sian players should learn from this......
    agree with this..i think the korea pairs are still one of the best pairs in the world up to now..keep it up

  12. #471
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,460
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    However, this should be their 2nd time playing in the WC, while making it all the way into the Final Rd the first time they played 2 yrs ago and i'd expect nothing short of another Final Rd appearance.
    Oh...in fact, Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae competed in the World Championships 2006. Guess what....they were eliminated in the R16 by a familiar foe No prize for the correct guess though

    So, this year, they will be playing in their 3rd World Championships.

  13. #472
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ranking just on papers....the ost important thing is that the peformance on court.....

  14. #473
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yeah..

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Oh...in fact, Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae competed in the World Championships 2006. Guess what....they were eliminated in the R16 by a familiar foe No prize for the correct guess though

    So, this year, they will be playing in their 3rd World Championships.
    - Yup, thanks for rectifying that; i didn't double check their past results. He was also only 17 yrs young and they were ranked #3 in the world.
    - Yes, as expected they did better in the following 2007 WC, going all the way to the Final Rd.
    - So, yes, i'd expect nothing short of another Final Rd appearance for LYD & JJS in this upcoming WC.

  15. #474
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    DKF
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, in 2007 WC Final, JJS/LYD lost to Kido/Setiawan after speedy games.

    The problem with JJS/LYD is that they are too pressured by themselves when they fight for Bigger titles, which had forced them to make many unusual errors, which should be overcome by improving mental strength.

  16. #475
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Time to prove their worth..

    ..yes, i can sense narnia must be praying real hard as LYD & JJS are preparing to face their Finals Rd. opponents...They did what i expected them to do by reaching the Final Rd. Now, I'm sure a repeat of the 2007 WC MD Final is definitely not on the table..
    Waiting for this thread to be lit up again, win or lose for LYD & JJS..

  17. #476
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    unlucky the lost.. but a great match indeed .. especially the last one..

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. orchard road flood
    By Benny Fan in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 06-29-2010, 12:52 AM
  2. Badminton Inn at Changwattana Road.
    By senttotiti in forum Thailand
    Replies: 12
    : 01-22-2010, 02:37 AM
  3. It's like a road accident; you just had to slow down to look
    By wilfredlgf in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 32
    : 12-17-2008, 09:13 PM
  4. My Road Trip
    By ploppers in forum Canada East
    Replies: 6
    : 07-08-2005, 03:58 PM
  5. Old Klang Road or OUG
    By ants in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 5
    : 06-23-2005, 09:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •