User Tag List

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Oh come on...don't rub salt into the already burning wounds You are so bad.....
    I didn't mean anything bad.....Honestly I felt sorry for them too...I sincerely hope they won or else KKK/TBH's defeat will become worthless...I knew they did play well, it's just they lost because their desire to win the title was a bit lower than Cai/Fu...(Mentally weaker)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by haifeng4ever View Post
    I didn't mean anything bad.....Honestly I felt sorry for them too...I sincerely hope they won or else KKK/TBH's defeat will become worthless...I knew they did play well, it's just they lost because their desire to win the title was a bit lower than Cai/Fu...(Mentally weaker)
    This highlighted phrase is very familiar. That sounds awfully like what our resident KOR fan's prediction over at the poll thread

So, despite their DOMINANCE (based on the head-to-head stats), the KOR pair is still mentally weaker? That just doesn't sound right eh?

Which is why I am saying that it's almost UNTHINKABLE for the KOR pair NOT TO WIN this year's WC, based on our resident KOR fan's infamous "head-to-head" theory, which leads to the DOMINANCE thingy.

But the UNTHINKABLE just did happen yesterday....and that too after the KOR pair wasted several valuable match pts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This highlighted phrase is very familiar. That sounds awfully like what our resident KOR fan's prediction over at the poll thread

So, despite their DOMINANCE (based on the head-to-head stats), the KOR pair is still mentally weaker? That just doesn't sound right eh?

Which is why I am saying that it's almost UNTHINKABLE for the KOR pair NOT TO WIN this year's WC, based on our resident KOR fan's infamous "head-to-head" theory, which leads to the DOMINANCE thingy.

But the UNTHINKABLE just did happen yesterday....and that too after the KOR pair wasted several valuable match pts!
    i couldnt agree more, really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it was such a pity for them! lets hope that they will bounce back again next year to win d world championships again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Aye-aye, mister.

The match really went down to the wire.
    Great match. However, the loss was very painful, indeed.
    Fantastic match indeed. That's doubles at its highest standard with the most nail-biting deuce. Both teams displayed fantastic determination and dedication and neither should go home feeling ashamed if they lost. FHF/CY won by the thinnest margin -- I could almost see the match going to 30. Saw in the background LinDan was "threatening" to leave already.

It went down a bit to luck indeed. Definitely the most exciting set in WC QF - Final (and perhaps the best in the whole WC2009). Fantastic display from both sides.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    It went down a bit to luck indeed. Definitely the most exciting set in WC QF - Final (and perhaps the best in the whole WC2009). Fantastic display from both sides.
    indeed,i think 4 out of 5 top match in this year wc is from md

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I wrote in the poll section of WC2009 of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Looking toward to the Beijing Olympics last year, the KOR team was also cheered a lot and was most expected to get the Gold. And for the WC this year, as many other strong teams around the world are preparing hard, it's really difficult to predict the final result.

So, I have only 60% of confidence that the team will get the 2009 WC title.

As I predicted, they again showed they seemed quite pressured by the big name of the title.

But more than that, their plays in this WC were not their best or rather poor to my view:

1. They barely beat KKK/TBH.
    2. They, LYD as well as JJS, made a lot of unforced errors.

Especially, in 2, JJS did some critical mistakes by his usual "loose returns" that were immediately attacked at the net and showed lack of focus at the final stage.

With a minor comment, their special coach HTK should have been there to inspire them more strongly. (On the contray, CHN was supported by JJ and LYB.)

Overall, 28-26 in the rubber set was awesome!

Great work with the Silver Medals again in two consecutive WCs.

Enjoy~
    Last edited by narnia; 08-17-2009 at 01:06 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh...in fact, Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae competed in the World Championships 2006. Guess what....they were eliminated in the R16 by a familiar foe No prize for the correct guess though

So, this year, they will be playing in their 3rd World Championships.
    oh, so they got the runner up position again this time.. fell short yet another time.. don't worry, they can still try again next year..
    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    It proved that LYD/JJS could not win BIG titles.....are they still dominating MD so far? I do not think so...but great match and they still can try again next year in Paris..
    that's right.. don't worry, lee yong dae is still young, lots of chance for him to try and win the wc again..
    Double disappointment for Lee Yong Dae last week...but do not despair....don't be sad okay.....he's still young, it's okay for him to lose (again)
    that's right..he's still young men..not too fast yet to become the WC..hard luck..try again next time..
    Aye-aye, mister.

The match really went down to the wire.
    Great match. However, the loss was very painful, indeed.
    thanks for that, jagd.. i agree..this loss surely will be a very painful one for the koreans especially..better luck next time..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, where's HTK yesterday? He didn't made it to Hyderabad together with the korean md team? is he just a part time coach or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, Coming Up!

The No. 1 will be changed after 2009 China Masters.

Enjoy~

Name:  BWF Ranking MD 27 Aug 2009.png
Views: 342
Size:  65.7 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, it looks like u are so confident that your mighty korean pair will take back the wr1 spot after the china masters. why are u so sure?
    i'm hoping for upsets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we'll shall see if Lee YD/ Jung J S will reclaim the no.1 spot..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i rather owns some major titles than being bwf's #1 ranking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy enough to see 3 INA pairs in top 10.
    Uh, where are other KOR pairs, if I may ask?

Depending too much on the World Dominator?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    wow, it looks like u are so confident that your mighty korean pair will take back the wr1 spot after the china masters. why are u so sure?
    i'm hoping for upsets
    You can notice it if you just take a look at the ranking-point differences of the top 3 duos - just marginal. The top ranker Kindra is going out from the stage and KKK/TBH have been showing some lacks against JJS/LYD (refer the H2H tables I uploaded at another thread.), the KOR duo has good chance to get to the WR #1 soon.

But unfortunately, the KOR duo will not participate in the upcoming China Masters due to the treatment of LYD's arm. So, it will be postponed to Japan Open.

Enjoy~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy enough to see 3 INA pairs in top 10.
    Uh, where are other KOR pairs, if I may ask?

Depending too much on the World Dominator?
    You're right, that's the problem with Korea and INA too.

On the ranking table, the players with point below 50,000 cannot be comparable with the upper-ranked players. The lower-ranked players are just minors in skills and confidence. They may need more experiences but I'm not sure if they can make it in the future. Actually, I have not been impressed by the lower-ranked two INA teams. I viewed many available matches of them but can't find any edges or something of the top players; they need more focus, consistency, and sensitive control at the net not just hustle speed or jump smashes. (Esp. Hendra Gunawan is good but can't believe why he was so unstable in the Taipei Final in XD. I saw the match and sure Vita and he were superior to their INA opponents. He needs some mental training.)

Enjoy~
    Last edited by narnia; 09-04-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Off topic-Don't be surprised by his result..

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    ...I viewed many available matches of them but can't find any edges or something of the top players; they need more focus, consistency, and sensitive control at the net not just hustle speed or jump smashes. (Esp. Hendra Gunawan is good but can't believe why he was so unstable in the Taipei Final in XD. I saw the match and sure Vita and he were superior to their INA opponents. He needs some mental training.)
    ..don't be surprised by Hendra A.G.'s result. He's been known to be quite inconsistent and unstable even during his heyday with his previous MD partner, Joko Riyadi (who, IMO, is even more inconsistent and unstable). What you should be surprised and can't believe about is if Hendra A.G. actually wins a title. Too bad Vita has to partner with him.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast