User Tag List

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 528 to 544 of 590
  1. #528
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default You mean..

    Quote Originally Posted by venkatesh View Post
    Did you see LYD defending while he's lying down on the court? JJS also did the same. "Never say die" is their motto.
    ..defending on the floor ala Koo Kien Keat?? while sitting or fully lying down w/his back on the floor?..no, haven't seen it, but will do so.

  2. #529
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..defending on the floor ala Koo Kien Keat?? while sitting or fully lying down w/his back on the floor?..no, haven't seen it, but will do so.
    i dun understand why pros repeat smashing at the down player even when defender return the 1st, 2nd,.. CaiYun even hits one out by overpowering it. A fake push at the net will do the job.

  3. #530
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i dun understand why pros repeat smashing at the down player even when defender return the 1st, 2nd,.. CaiYun even hits one out by overpowering it. A fake push at the net will do the job.
    Because when the time their opponent are down, they think that that's their best chance to attack them back.. that's the mentality when u are in the attacking mode

  4. #531
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    1,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Slightly

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..defending on the floor ala Koo Kien Keat?? while sitting or fully lying down w/his back on the floor?..no, haven't seen it, but will do so.
    sitting. I mean, his back is not fully resting on the floor. I think he had his left elbow supporting (not sure as everything happened so fast). But he's not sitting either, as his lower back was still touching the floor.

    I think cooler is right. A simple drive would have given the Chinese an instant point. But when you're in that situation, seeing an opponent down on the floor would give you an instant reaction to smash it on the person out of position. I guess it's already instinctive so I can't blame them.

  5. #532
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ^^I see..^^

    ..so LYD was sort of reclining on his hip..do you recall which game did he perform the reclining-while defending posture, so i can just fast forward the video..

  6. #533
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    1,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Thinking thinking thinking

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..so LYD was sort of reclining on his hip..do you recall which game did he perform the sitting-down-while defending, so i can just fast forward the video..
    Oooohhhh ... I can't remember. It must have been in the third set.

  7. #534
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CMIIAW. Is this feat executable only if one is on the odd court?

  8. #535
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,400
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hm..dominating pair lost to unknown MAS team....I do not think Kido/Hendra or CY/FHF lost to lowest pair ever...still Kor ranks number 1 without BIG title..

  9. #536
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ^^This is the reason for the loss..^^

    ..http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1353584 (post #2809).
    Not to say it's an excuse. And yes, they've won one of the big titles, the 2008 All England.

  10. #537
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default No idea

    Can someone tell who was JJS's partner before LYD. Thanks.

  11. #538
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    DKF
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Can someone tell who was JJS's partner before LYD. Thanks.
    Lee Jae Jin, the badminton genius.

  12. #539
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The partnership that was..

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Can someone tell who was JJS's partner before LYD. Thanks.
    ..interestingly, JJS didn't really make his significant international competition til late 2004/early 2005, partnering with LJJ. That partnership, however, only lasted til around end of 2005/beginning of 2006 as JJS was partnered with LYD soon after.

    More on LJJ:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=25276

  13. #540
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Lee Jae Jin, the badminton genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..interestingly, JJS didn't really make his significant international competition til late 2004/early 2005, partnering with LJJ. That partnership, however, only lasted til around end of 2005/beginning of 2006 as JJS was partnered with LYD soon after.

    More on LJJ:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=25276
    Thanks guys.
    I didn't noticed LJJ.

  14. #541
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..interestingly, JJS didn't really make his significant international competition til late 2004/early 2005, partnering with LJJ. That partnership, however, only lasted til around end of 2005/beginning of 2006 as JJS was partnered with LYD soon after.

    More on LJJ:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=25276
    Ironically, it's Lee Jae Jin who won the Olympics Bronze Medal with Hwang Ji Man and retired with glory after that

  15. #542
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    DKF
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Thanks guys.
    I didn't noticed LJJ.
    LJJ is known as badminton genius with lots of instinctive sense in badminton but he had suffered from some unforced errors at the important moments. He played with HJM in MD and for a while with LHJ in XD and made a good number of achievements. He's now in action in his regional team playing in national games, sometimes in minor international tourneys.

    JJS/LJJ was a great team to beat the Olympic Gold Medalists KDM/HTG to win the National Championships (maybe in 2004 or something.) I guess if they continued working out together for more time, they could have achieved better partnerships. But at that time, they were not the best to become the number 1 in the world. LJJ had still the troubles of errors at the net and JJS was not good in controlling the pace and managing the whole game.

    So, later, JJS pointed LYD, who had just got the Junior World Championship titles both in MD and XD, as his new partner in late 2005 because LYD was one of the best net players at the time and played like experienced seniors despite of his young age. After about 1.5 ~ 2 yrs of experiences in the senior stages, the Korean duo started to stand out to be the best in MD by getting the 2008 AE title, beating their teammates, LJJ/HJM in the final.

    A short history for the new-comers.
    Last edited by narnia; 01-24-2010 at 10:05 PM.

  16. #543
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks. Narnia.

  17. #544
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    1,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    LJJ is known as badminton genius with lots of instinctive sense in badminton but he had suffered from some unforced errors at the important moments. He played with HJM in MD and for a while with LHJ in XD and made a good number of achievements. He's now in action in his regional team playing in national games, sometimes in minor international tourneys.

    JJS/LJJ was a great team to beat the Olympic Gold Medalists KDM/HTG to win the National Championships (maybe in 2004 or something.) I guess if they continued working out together for more time, they could have achieved better partnerships. But at that time, they were not the best to become the number 1 in the world. LJJ had still the troubles of errors at the net and JJS was not good in controlling the pace and managing the whole game.

    So, later, JJS pointed LYD, who had just got the Junior World Championship titles both in MD and XD, as his new partner in late 2005 because LYD was one of the best net players at the time and played like experienced seniors despite of his young age. After about 1.5 ~ 2 yrs of experiences in the senior stages, the Korean duo started to stand out to be the best in MD by getting the 2008 AE title, beating their teammates, LJJ/HJM in the final.

    A short history for the new-comers.
    You really know their history. Great job.
    Thanks for the info.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. orchard road flood
    By Benny Fan in forum Singapore
    Replies: 0
    : 06-29-2010, 12:52 AM
  2. Badminton Inn at Changwattana Road.
    By senttotiti in forum Thailand
    Replies: 12
    : 01-22-2010, 02:37 AM
  3. It's like a road accident; you just had to slow down to look
    By wilfredlgf in forum Forum Feedback
    Replies: 32
    : 12-17-2008, 09:13 PM
  4. My Road Trip
    By ploppers in forum Canada East
    Replies: 6
    : 07-08-2005, 03:58 PM
  5. Old Klang Road or OUG
    By ants in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 5
    : 06-23-2005, 09:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •