User Tag List

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again, Koo/Tan showed their mentality problem in finishing the game.

Actually they seemed to succeed but the learned KOR duo made it come back finally with four consecutive points. This is home ground for Koo/Tan and they at least should have won this match, anyway, they improved a lot recently and are expected to be ranked 2 very soon as they seem better than Kido/Setiawan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by narnia; 01-09-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just happened to know a friend who was chris adcock schoolmate, he told me that chris was injured during his junior years n was out of the sports for a full year. when he returned to the court after one year, his was still the best (national junior wise). i heard he somehow maintain his ranking too because he was so good b4 he got injured n no one overtakes him during the year off.

i believe chris is same age as LYD, born 1988

wud b nice to c him get a medal in the london olympics 2012

by the way, he is from nottingham area...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    Once again, Koo/Tan showed their mentality problem in finishing the game.

Actually they seemed to succeed but the learned KOR duo made it come back finally with four consecutive points. This is home ground for Koo/Tan and they at least should have won this match, anyway, they improved a lot recently and are expected to be ranked 2 very soon as they seem better than Kido/Setiawan.
    haha...do u actually saw the match???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    I always check the stats and how the scores were going, that gives some partial but crucial information for the matches. In the third game, you can see that even though Koo/Tan showed their full strength to make 12 pts by smash the net winner made the difference - it was 8:4 for KOR. As you might expect, LYD must have got many net points at the finishing stage. Net play and control is the most difficult part in badminton that requires higher concentration and right movement.
    Last edited by narnia; 01-09-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rudy Hartona is a legend, agree?

Now, do you need to be there to actually watch the man in action to ascertain that he is indeed a legend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always check the stats and how the scores were going, that gives some partial but crucial information for the matches. In the third game, you can see that even though Koo/Tan showed their full strength to make 12 pts by smash the net winner made the difference - it was 8:4 for KOR. As you might expect, LYD must have got many net points at the finishing stage. Net play and control is the most difficult part in badminton that requires higher concentration and right movement.
    You know what happen when you assume right?

Quote Originally Posted by pemuda
    Now, do you need to be there to actually watch the man in action to ascertain that he is indeed a legend?
    One might be a legend, doesn't mean he'll make all the net kills at the later stage of a double game, like someone here proclaimed (which is purely based on assumption).

As far as equating LYD to Rudy Hartono's....well, lets just said someone is really pushing for something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Rudy Hartona is a legend, agree?

Becareful when u put your comment here. ''IF u didnt watch the game in the stadium, you should SHUT UP.'' Remember there's 01 Bcer who sound u at another thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"As you might expect, LYD must have got many net points at the finishing stage."

Anyone who has kept watching his playing in the series of his games will agree with this. LYD is dominating in front net play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2009 Mas Md Sf

The true strength always appears in the finishing phase...

It was very weired plays but the final JJS/LYD style dominated at the end.

The ENG team came very well trained this time and they succeeded to put LYD in the back with rapid rallies. However, as the matches going into the rubber set, especially Anthony grew tired out to be slow so LYD could cover the front net much easily.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by narnia; 01-10-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As JJS/LYD advances to the Final while MK/HS falls off, the ranking points are expected to be adjusted in favor of KOR duo after this Super Series. One step closer to the WR #1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As JJS/LYD advances to the Final while MK/HS falls off, the ranking points are expected to be adjusted in favor of KOR duo after this Super Series. One step closer to the WR #1.
    JJS/LYD deserved every title they got.World num 1 is unofficially belongs to them,period.
    For me(at least),they are one of the most enjoyable pairs i've ever seen.I hope they can win tommorow.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The true strength always appears in the finishing phase...

It was very weired plays but the final JJS/LYD style dominated at the end.

The ENG team came very well trained this time and they succeeded to put LYD in the back with rapid rallies. However, as the matches going into the rubber set, especially Anthony grew tired out to be slow so LYD could cover the front net much easily.
    u nid to beareful when u didnt watch the game...the england pair just gifted the match at the final stage of 3rd set......mistake here and there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u nid to beareful when u didnt watch the game...the england pair just gifted the match at the final stage of 3rd set......mistake here and there...
    I did watch all the games. And Mistake - That's very part of real strength. Why mistake? Because they were pressured by their opponents. That's not excuse from the top players. (If you play badminton casually, you'll find that the weak players always complain about their mistakes forgetting their opponents are stronger than them. The stronger players force the weak players to make mistakes.)
    Last edited by narnia; 01-11-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Becareful when u put your comment here. ''IF u didnt watch the game in the stadium, you should SHUT UP.'' Remember there's 01 Bcer who sound u at another thread?
    Errrr, I think what others meant is having watched the game either on tv or in stadium, rather than just looking at the stats in Tourney Software. Sometimes the TS stats does not reflect accurately the game or comes up weird, different2 ppl manning it put it different2 category.
    The QF matches I think wasnt shown on tv. It sure was not on livestream, only Semi & Finals was. Anyway, nvm, let narnia do his/her analysis.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-11-2009 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did watch all the games. And Mistake - That's very part of real strength. Why mistake? Because they were pressured by their opponents. That's not excuse from the top players. (If you play badminton casually, you'll find that the weak players always complain about their mistakes forgetting their opponents are stronger than them. The stronger players force the weak players to make mistakes.)
    How do you explain all the mistakes LYD/JJS, made in the Super Series Finals.. finals? Any top pair/player can have bad games. I think anyone knows that . And Koo/Tan should be number two... because... they beat MK/HS in the Super Series Finals? If you've really been following everything lately you'll know that MK/HS haven't been quite in top form lately.

The way I see it is that MK/HS and LYD/JJS are the best two pairs in the world. KKK/TBH still have a little bit of proving to do... But hopefully they can get back their old flair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    You know what happen when you assume right?

One might be a legend, doesn't mean he'll make all the net kills at the later stage of a double game, like someone here proclaimed (which is purely based on assumption).

As far as equating LYD to Rudy Hartono's....well, lets just said someone is really pushing for something...
    Now this is comical indeed. Who is equating LYD to Rudy Hartono??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dato Asbullah View Post
    Lol ... but I like the comical acts they put up like one who simply claimed that I am equating LYD to Rudy Hartono. I thought the guy only has some problems with numbers as he is unable to differentiate between greater than 50% and 50%.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast