User Tag List

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

badmania...u sure u in the correct thread???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive. To borrow a phrase from our Korean friend here, complete and total domination by CM/BM.
    Aw, Mr. badadum, you're such a meanie, cropping and pasting that stat!

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    JJS/LYD has been a bit consistant ,compare to other pairs...the question is they can rise on right tournament......
    Agreed 1000%! Can't deliver when it matters most, very disappointing, ya?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Agreed 1000%! Can't deliver when it matters most, very disappointing, ya?
    I think Hau-Ge's question should be: can they rise to the ocassion on the right tournament?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are now World No. 1, congratulation to them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Congratulations To New World No. 1!!!

January 22, 2009, BWF Announced New World No.1 in Men's Doubles:

JUNG JAE SUNG & LEE YONG DAE

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DOMINATING POWER OF KOREA MD!!!

(They're going to miss next couple of tourneys, but they will "come back" soon as they did in the matches. In the meantime of the absence of the WR No.1, MK/HS can take some edge if they will show something.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by narnia; 01-22-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    January 22, 2009, BWF Announced New World No.1 in Men's Doubles:

JUNG JAE SUNG & LEE YONG DAE

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DOMINATING POWER OF KOREA MD!!!

(They're going to miss next couple of tourneys, but they will "come back" soon as they did in the matches. In the meantime of the absence of the WR No.1, MK/HS can take some edge if they will show something.)
    Actually MK/HS did not have to prove anything......LYD/JJS needs to win more bigger tournaments like WC or Olympics to dominate the MD...so far...your number 1 KOR is not dominating yet......still far... yes..they are bit consistent compare to other pairs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually MK/HS did not have to prove anything......LYD/JJS needs to win more bigger tournaments like WC or Olympics to dominate the MD...so far...your number 1 KOR is not dominating yet......still far... yes..they are bit consistent compare to other pairs...
    Consistency is the crucial part of dominance although I don't know how you are defining your dominance... (Since 2008, MK/HS could win the title only when they could escape facing JJS/LYD. There were no pairs who could consistently beat JJS/LYD. Even KKK/TBH could win a single match after consecutive losses.)
    Ask the top rankers of MD who's the best among the current MD pairs in the world, you'll know it. Or watch the reactions of the other pairs when they finally won the match against JJS/LYD to get a sense of it. Badminton is kind of mental fighting. They know who's strong.

In 21-pt rally system, you cannot have the same dominating situation like traditional 15-pt service-right system. The plays finish very fast and more depend on the tactics and speed. So in modern badminton of doubles, when we think of who's strong, we might need to depend more on the statistics, in other words, consistency. That's the crucial part of dominance in modern badminton world. That's my thought. What do you think of that?
    Last edited by narnia; 01-22-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consistency is the crucial part of dominance although I don't know how you are defining your dominance...
    Ask the top rankers of MD who's the best among the current MD pairs in the world, you'll know it. Or watch the reactions of the other pairs when they finally won the match against JJS/LYD to get a sense of it. Badminton is kind of mental fighting. They know who's strong.
    Of course they are strong but one of them....it seems that you do not think MK/HS is strong as JJS/LYD?? remember that INA MD is WC and Olympic..LYD/JJS is only AE champion....dont you think others are not scared with MK/HS only JJS/LYD? when other pairs win over MK/HS, you can see their reaction , win over MK/HS.....in 2008, many pairs beat JJS/LYD....well..it is not MK's fault if your LYD/JJS lost in earlier round to other pairs....LYD/JJS also keeps losing to alvent/Luluk as well as DEN MDs...
    Last edited by huangkwokhau; 01-22-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you mentioned that MK/HS became champion without meeting LYD/JJS?
    Wrong!!!..they beat your pair in final World Championship 2007....
    If Kido/Hendra became Olympic Champion without meeting LYD/JJS then it proved that mentally LYD/JJS was not strong as they lost again and again to Jonas/Passke...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course they are strong but one of them....it seems that you do not think MK/HS is strong as JJS/LYD?? remember that INA MD is WC and Olympic..LYD/JJS is only AE champion....dont you think others are not scared with MK/HS only JJS/LYD? when other pairs win over MK/HS, you can see their reaction , win over MK/HS.....in 2008, many pairs beat JJS/LYD....well..it is not MK's fault if your LYD/JJS lost in earlier round to other pairs....LYD/JJS also keeps losing to alvent/Luluk as well as DEN MDs...
    Yea, I think MK/HS is strong but they still have lacks to beat JJS/LYD. Actually I don't put much care on the title names. I care for the head-to-head stats among the top-rankers to get a sense of who's the real best. In my thought, the only problem JJS/LYD has currently is about their mental/tactical weakness when they match against Danes.
    Last edited by narnia; 01-22-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you mentioned that MK/HS became champion without meeting LYD/JJS?
    Wrong!!!..they beat your pair in final World Championship 2007....
    If Kido/Hendra became Olympic Champion without meeting LYD/JJS then it proved that mentally LYD/JJS was not strong as they lost again and again to Jonas/Passke...
    Yea, that was the last game MK/HS could win, but after that they have kept losing. It's now quite old stats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I think MK/HS is strong but they still have lacks to beat JJS/LYD. Actually I don't put much care on the title names. I care for the head-to-head stats among the top-rankers to get a sense of who's the real best. In my though, the only problem JJS/LYD has currently is about their mental/tactical weakness when they match against Danes.
    Nope...they lost to INA MD Alvent/Luluk 2-0....titles are more important...who cares how many matches you win and at the end you lose to other pairs?? based on your theory then Ramussen/Paaske is much stronger than LYD/JJS then.....well....lets see how long your pair can stay in 2009... once MK/HS get healthy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I think MK/HS is strong but they still have lacks to beat JJS/LYD. Actually I don't put much care on the title names. I care for the head-to-head stats among the top-rankers to get a sense of who's the real best. In my though, the only problem JJS/LYD has currently is about their mental/tactical weakness when they match against Danes.
    Mmm... So you don't value Olympic gold medal as well, eh?
    What a pity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope...they lost to INA MD Alvent/Luluk 2-0....titles are more important...who cares how many matches you win and at the end you lose to other pairs?? based on your theory then Ramussen/Paaske is much stronger than LYD/JJS then.....well....lets see how long your pair can stay in 2009... once MK/HS get healthy...
    Aren't we talking about MK/HS? Why mentioning another pairs?? Yea, I think temporarily JR/LP has some edge over JJS/LYD, but as you might have seen they lost to JJS/LYD in 2009 KOREA OPEN. Did you see the video and/or scoring? (Actually, as the uncles lost absolutely to the KOR duo, in the final, Boe/Mogensen took a very different tactics with lazy services to make some changes.) As I said, JJS/LYD are fast learning players. The stats are expected to be changed soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL....here comes the "domination theory" once again

Well, the World No 1 just got dominated big time by the fastly improving Danish pair who may yet become their achiles-heel this year.

Who cares how many times Kido/Hendra lost to the Korean, Malaysian or other new pairs that may yet prove to be the boogey team.....they already have the biggies safely tucked in the bag

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Mmm... So you don't value Olympic gold medal as well, eh?
    What a pity.
    That's true when I'm deciding who's strong among the top-players.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I think MK/HS is strong but they still have lacks to beat JJS/LYD. Actually I don't put much care on the title names. I care for the head-to-head stats among the top-rankers to get a sense of who's the real best. In my thought, the only problem JJS/LYD has currently is about their mental/tactical weakness when they match against Danes.
    Then please explain your title of :
    "DOMINATING POWER OF KOREAN MD"

When the very same Korean MD has been dominated (by your admission) by the Danes????

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast