User Tag List

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    haha, mastering is always there, the matter is how long they can endure. Think about PJB/KMS or KDM/RKM. There were the periods for absolute(don't take the word literally...) dominance for those super players. After rally point system has been introduced, the dominance period has been quite shortened.

When I said JJS/LYD had mastered the styles of other countries, I meant they learned a lot of their "existing" styles so the players should change their styles and show some differences to defend JJS/LYD. Now, Koo/Tan showed something, but not yet in the case of MK/HS.

For Koo/Tan to show their real difference, they should show the consistency in the next torneys, at least held in another county. I always hope all the players keep improving because badminton is a sports of relativity.

JJS/LYD's dominating power still goes on. In their next match against Koo/Tan I expect they will surely show how they are preparing to defend the new challenge.

For the topic, I'm just thinking the current true WR#1 in MD is JJS/LYD. If they start to lose more games in the next tourneys, I am willing to adjust the ranking on my mind. No problem. Merry Christmas you guys
    haha...we will see this soon...if they meet in mo 09 quater...the result speak the truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love to watch this pair play. They are both so energetic and passionate about the game.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, total dominance is difficult to do in MD. We are no longer during Park Joo Bong's era and the way the game is played has totally changed.

In addition, we saw how gaps are bridged between the strong and not so strong teams since the new scoring system came into effect. Playing styles too become decisive if there is no proper counter to them.

In the Super Series Masters, INA pair almost lost to Boe/Mogensen, Fairuz/Zakry made a mess off ENG challenge (and this is with Adcock the only one playing well, Blair not in top form), KOR was severely challenged by the same ENG pair.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, Chris Adcock is turning to be a solid player recently. We shall see if Robert Blair will continue to partner him in the LR. Yup...this ENG pair also forced the Korean duo to rubber-set, quite surprising I would say.

Likewise, Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen have seriously become DEN's most feared pair as they still have many years in them (compared to Paaske/Rasmussen).

As predicted, all the top pairs will have their moments of glory as it's difficult to expect them to win tournaments after tournaments. There will be the odd moments where they lost in a shocking way to some lower-ranked pairs. So, expect more surprises come next year and hopefully the emergence of more pairs in MD.

My picks of the young MDs: Kwon Yi Goo/Ko Sung Hyun, Cho Gun Woo/Yoo Yeon Seong, Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan. These 3 pairs have shown interesting progressing and have started to beat some veteran pairs.

As for the WR#1, it might be rotated among several pairs. Remember, Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae have lots of points to defend from the German Open, All-England, Swiss, and Thomas Cup. Likewise, Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan also have to defend points from the MAS Open, Olympics, and the 3 SS titles they won in China Masters, Denmark and French Opens.

I will not be surprised if some other pairs can take the no 1 position as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    Frankly, total dominance is difficult to do in MD. We are no longer during Park Joo Bong's era and the way the game is played has totally changed.

In addition, we saw how gaps are bridged between the strong and not so strong teams since the new scoring system came into effect. Playing styles too become decisive if there is no proper counter to them.

In the Super Series Masters, INA pair almost lost to Boe/Mogensen, Fairuz/Zakry made a mess off ENG challenge (and this is with Adcock the only one playing well, Blair not in top form), KOR was severely challenged by the same ENG pair.
    maybe its the factor of their coach, tan kim her

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    maybe its the factor of their coach, tan kim her
    Tan Kim Her is a factor, no doubt ......

The theory is he will be bringing Adcock up similar to how he spotted and trained Lee Yong Dae.

Now, if only TKH has one more decent young talent, ENG MD might return to the world class heights of Ray Steven/Mike Tredgett and Mike Tredgett/Martin Dew era in the 70s and early 80s.

By the way, what happened to Yoo Youn Seong/Han Sang Hoon? I thought the pairing had a lot of promise. They were in the All-England in 2007.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, what happened to Yoo Youn Seong/Han Sang Hoon? I thought the pairing had a lot of promise. They were in the All-England in 2007.
    Han Sang Hoon was focussed in the MD in 2007 and he had some brief success with Lee Hyo Jung, beating some top pairs too. Yoo Yeon Seong is now partnered with Cho Gun Woo, LYD's partner in the WJC days. Meanwhile, I believe we shall see Hwang Ji Man partnering Han Sang Hoon yet again for 2009, since Lee Jae Jin has formally retired from the Korea National Team.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tan Kim Her is a factor, no doubt ......

The theory is he will be bringing Adcock up similar to how he spotted and trained Lee Yong Dae.
    Tan Kim Her is also probably one factor why INA XD pairs have tough times against ENG's Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg. Blair/Adcock have also beaten AG/Joko in the Japan Open this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Tan Kim Her is also probably one factor why INA XD pairs have tough times against ENG's Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg. Blair/Adcock have also beaten AG/Joko in the Japan Open this year.
    I heard when TKH was coaching KOR players, he usually enjoyed "betting matches" for $10 each. I wonder if he's doing it in ENG too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYD once said during BWF 2008 Yeosu Challenge Open held in Korea just before SSF:

"The Asian players are somewhat easier to play with in comparison to European players, because Asians tend to return strong for our strong hits while Europeans mix with strong and weak ones properly."

That's exactly what I saw in the MD Final of SSF when JJS/LYD lost to KKK/TBH. At the match, Koo/Tan were very calm mixing their strength in their returns while JJS/LYD was unusually in rush. MAS seemed to start to know the secret.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    TKH does not coach Clark/Kellog and Nathan...unless they ask him to coach them on the side,...he decides to train young players only....YES! Adcock is one of the promising one to come..Adcock and Blair stays in KLRC to train after SS Final...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYD once said during BWF 2008 Yeosu Challenge Open held in Korea just before SSF:

"The Asian players are somewhat easier to play with in comparison to European players, because Asians tend to return strong for our strong hits while Europeans mix with strong and weak ones properly."

That's exactly what I saw in the MD Final of SSF when JJS/LYD lost to KKK/TBH. At the match, Koo/Tan were very calm mixing their strength in their returns while JJS/LYD was unusually in rush. MAS seemed to start to know the secret.
    Even Alvent/Luluk always beat LYD/JJS...there is no more secret ng MD now..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard when TKH was coaching KOR players, he usually enjoyed "betting matches" for $10 each. I wonder if he's doing it in ENG too.
    The friendly HTK said to us that Korea will win 2-0 against KKK/TBH then Tony said how much is the bet if Korea did not win 2-0....HTK did not want to bet....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    The friendly HTK said to us that Korea will win 2-0 against KKK/TBH then Tony said how much is the bet if Korea did not win 2-0....HTK did not want to bet....
    Yeah, if he wanted to win the bet he should have done in the previous Super Series game in China when KOR beat the MAS duo by 2-0.
    Last edited by narnia; 01-03-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if he wanted to win the bet he should have done in the previous Super Series game in China when KOR beat the MAS duo by 2-0.
    Thats why he was so sure that LYD/JJS would get the title...HTK is always friendly toward other players...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Even Alvent/Luluk always beat LYD/JJS...there is no more secret ng MD now..
    no doubt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    no doubt!
    That's the past long ago two years ago when the duo was learning around the world .... Now this is the age of KOR duo as you have seen recently.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast