Question for buying racquets in China

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Hugo, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Does anybody know of any decent badminton or sports stores that sell at reasonable prices in Zheng Zhou, China? If anyone has any information, please post the name of the store and possibily street address/URL. My dad's friend is coming from there so I plan to ask him to bring some racquets over if possible.

Thanks.

2. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Hi,

Would your friend visit Hong Kong? Since YY in China is more than 50% higher than Hong Kong (All imported goods in China is very expensive and I have seem Cab 20 Tour SP in China is more than US$130). Furthermore, there are a lot of Fake YY racket in China. I afraid your friend would be cheated, if he is not a badminton player. On the contrary, Hong Kong Seldom has the fake racket because of low price. If you friend is for vacation, you sell ask him to stay Hong Kong for 1 to 2 days.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I would support FY's statement. A real YY is not cheap from the limited viewing that I had and imitation racquets are common.

4. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Thank you guys for the replies. After looking at www.bbeshop.com, I was wondering why some of the racquets are even more expensive than here (Canada). Unfortunately, my Dad's friend lives in Zheng Zhou and has no time to visit Hong Kong. But comparing to China's prices, I might as well buy my racquets here. Hopefully, I can visit Hong Kong one day again and purchase some racquets. :)