~Comparision Of Price Between Singapore and Malaysian~

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Biogentic, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Biogentic

Biogentic Regular Member

student
    In Singapore, we have QueensWay Shopping Centre for all our sporting needs but one down side is that, the racquet sold there r quite expensive, take example my Yonex Carbonex 9300SP limited edition, I bought it at $53 dollars in other shopping centre but it carry a heavy price tag of $89 there. Although you can bargain the price there but it don`t seem that from such high price can bargain till a $36 dollars off.

So does anyone know how much does the Yonex MP 88, 77, 100 cost in Queensway shopping centre as well as in Malaysia. And where can i buy my racquet at reasonable price in Malaysia? Heard Of Pertama Compex but where excatly it is? Is it near Johor? By taking taxi from causeway will it cost a bomb?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Pertama Komplex is in KL. Teksi very expensive from S'pore!!!

3. Biogentic

Biogentic Regular Member

student
    Oh it is in KL guess the furthest i go can only be Lot10, but did they sell reasonable pricing racquet? Quite interested in the MP88 since the MP99 is still so high.

4. modious

modious Regular Member

Erm actually, I think the people in the forum DO KNOW that Bras Basah Complex is THE PLACE to go for all their badminton needs.....

Queensway is still way too expensive IMO.

5. Biogentic

Biogentic Regular Member

student
    LOL, i am newbie to badminton, so Bras Basah does have all the badminton racquet? Ok u noe how much is the Yonex MP-88

6. Totoro

Totoro Regular Member

Programmer
    Bio, if u can reach Lot10, there is no reason u can't reach Pertama Complex.

MP88, I'm not sure, MP77 is RM 299 ( comes with BG66 string and karakal grip ) in Klang, in Etakoh of Pertama Complex, it is also same price but no free gift. MP100 is RM 440 in Pertama Compleks. Beside Etakoh, I think u can get the same price almost every where for MP 77 because that's the offer price from Yonex throughtout Malaysia.

7. Biogentic

Biogentic Regular Member

student
    Lol, sorry i am totally new to malaysia and there is no tour guide for me to KL, thanks lucky i have a school friend who r a malaysian, i guess he can bring me to KL to buy the racquet. I think the MP100 is quite a good buy for RM 440 But the price of MP88 and MP100 is so close so any recomemdation which racquet to get? I wonder do pertama complex sell high quality ashaway string..

8. rejang

rejang Regular Member

There must be over 15 sports shops in Pertama itself; though the good ones for badminton in terms of variety & price are maybe, only Etakoh & Racket World. You can get ANYTHING badminton there.
    Sounds like you do not know KL at all. Easiest option to get to Pertama is taxi, which is 1/3 the price in S'pore. But you can also take the STAR LRT to Bandaraya and walk 5-10 mins to Pertama.

9. rejang

rejang Regular Member

There must be over 15 sports shops in Pertama itself; though the good ones for badminton in terms of variety & price are maybe, only Etakoh & Racket World. You can get ANYTHING badminton there.
    Sounds like you do not know KL at all. Easiest option to get to Pertama is taxi, which is 1/3 the price in S'pore. But you can also take the STAR LRT to Bandaraya and walk 5-10 mins to Pertama.

10. Totoro

Totoro Regular Member

Programmer
    seems that Etakoh got another branch in pertama Complex... MP88 is RM 420...

11. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    Tatoro where is Klang? Is it in pertama? if not please tell me the address of Klang. Thanks in advance.

12. Totoro

Totoro Regular Member

Programmer
    Nick, where r u from? Not Malaysia I guess... well, Klang is not Pertama Complex... It is a small city of itself... what I mean is one or some of the vondors in this small city... Klang is situated at the West of Kuala Lumpur, West of Subang Jaya... about 30km from Klang town, there is this port called West Port, the biggest Port in Malaysia... Klang is about 30 - 40 minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur with the speed of 80 km/h...

anything else that I can tell u?

13. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    i was from Malaysia but i have not been back there in 7 years so i'm sure things have changed. So about this badminton store you were talking about that included string and grip as part of their price where is it exactly? Thanks again.

Nick

14. modious

modious Regular Member

I bought it for S$199 including strings and grips at Bras Basah Complex.

15. Totoro

Totoro Regular Member

Programmer
    Nick, that shop beside MP77 which came with RM 299 and of coz the string ( BG 66 )plus the grip ( Karakal grip ), all the racquects are more expensive than Etakoh. But had anyone think of a question, why can Etakoh sell so cheap? Why until now we cannot find any shop willing to sell MP 99 below RM 780, MP 100 below RM 650 and Ti10 below RM 450 but Etakoh willing to do so?

I had checked Etakoh's price on string, yupe, their string is much more cheaper. In Klang, I can only manage to get BG85 for RM 28 but before discount, Etakoh is already selling at RM 22.

Badminton shoe also, they are willing to give 20% discount for Yonex badminton
    shoe.

As for E-Sport in Subang, I had called them and the price was killing. They sell all those Yonex racquects at Yonex suggested retail price.

16. Toh Kiam Hoong

Toh Kiam Hoong New Member

Racquet Consultant
    Pertama Complex Can get very good bargain

Pertama Complex is just near by the City Center , Bukit bintang , it is just 5 to 10 minutes taxi from Lot 10 Shooping Complex or Sungei wang Complex , try this shop name RACQUET WORLD , it is the most popular shop in Pertama , try to meet TERENCE , he is an expert in Racquets , he is also the official stringger for Malaysia National team and the Racquet Consultant For Most Of the top brand like Dunlop , Prince , Fischer , Wilson , Carlton .
    or try to Send him an email -

racquetworldmal@yahoo.com

bye

17. Toh Kiam Hoong

Toh Kiam Hoong New Member

Racquet Consultant
    Yonex MP 77

Yonex MP 77 is no more Production same as Yonex Mp 55 , Wow Etakoh Sell st RM 299 with string And Grip , it expensive already cause you can get it at RAcquet World in Pertama for only RM 260 with string and grip , RAcquet World is a WHolesaler but Etakoh is just a dealer so price may different . new model on Muscle power would be Muscle power 44 and muscle power 66

Muscle power 44 = RM 230 with string and Grip
    Muscle Power 66 = RM 250 with string and Grip

18. Arief

Arief Regular Member

$199 for mp88? which shop did you go to? I went 10 n 10 two weeks ago and i think it's around $160 there...

19. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    my friend bought at $155for 1 because he bought 2 mp88.and that was like in march.

20. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    well if you say you really are a newbie.then i really do not see the need to get such a high end racket.even i have problems controlling mp100 because its heavy.you can try your luck at other brands such as apacs or proace or sintec,but if you still insist on mp series then i suggest getting a mp99 because its the easiest to use of all the few.