AT900p or AT900t

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kooixh, Dec 24, 2008.

1. kooixh

kooixh Regular Member

student
    which racket is better AT900p or AT900t?:confused:

pls advice

2. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

No racket is better. However, one of them may be better to you then the other. You need to tell us a bit more about your style of play what type of rackets you prefer etc. to allow us to guide you into letting you know which one is better suited to you.

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Search the forum before asking.. and try them out yourself to know which one suits you more. There is no such thing as the 'best' racquet for everyone.

4. kooixh

kooixh Regular Member

student
    i prefer lighter racket because easier for me defence.i hate heavy racket.

5. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    which racket is good for u?

Hi kooixh,
    In this case, AT900T will be better for u. Lighter n more defensive n good for control.:p
    Lee:D

6. kooixh

kooixh Regular Member

student
    ok thank you for the advice

7. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Does it really have to be out of the 900T/P? There are many more rackets that may be more suitable for you in the Yonex lineup and much more if you look beyond Yonex.

8. tony531

tony531 Regular Member

if u want a light racket and good in defence go for the Yonex NanoSpeed 7000

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    AT900T is not lighter in weight compared to AT900P.Even as i measured my AT900P and T,the T has a heavier head.But,as the frame shape differs,the effect changed as well.Lighter?Go for any of them and choose 4U。Head light?Go for NS series.NS series generally are build lighter in all terms compared to AT..

10. mattyg2703

mattyg2703 Regular Member

Racket Stringer
    Both AT900 are the same weight.
    I have both of them, Power for singles and Technique for doubles, though it should really be the other way round.. but that suits me.
    if you ideally want good defence, then the Technique

11. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    If you like light rackets then I think you take a look at the NS9000. They're even balance so it'll feel much lighter then the AT series. ARC 9 and 10 also.

12. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    this is not totally accurate in my opinion...NS9000, Arc10 are both slightly head heavy and can't be considered even balance even though thats what it says on the shaft. I haven't tried the 9 so I can't give a comment about that. However, I do agree that the overall feel of the NS9000 is lighter than that of the 900P and 900T.

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    NS9K isn't even balanced, it's headlight. Arc9 and 10 is even balanced. If I recall correctly, Arc7 feels light.

Yep agreed here. I've tried the 9, but even thou it's a powerful racket, the racket the shots tend to spray wide due to the flexability of the shaft. In a way, Arc7 and Arc10 would be better off with instead of the 9.

14. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    You guys are right about the NS and the ARC. I was comparing those two to the AT series so I should had made myself a bit more clear.

15. noggin

noggin Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The NS9K says headlight on the shaft, however according to the Yonex racquet chart (http://www.yonexusa.com/images/badminton/badminton2_specs.pdf - and in the current catalogue) the NS9KS is pretty much even balanced (almost exactly the same as the Arc7 according to this chart) and the NS9KX is slightly head heavy.

The Arc10 is slightly more head heavy than the NS9KX, again according to the chart (and this was what I felt when I swung them both).

So I suppose it comes down to the definition of "headlight". My understading (which could be wrong!) is that headlight is anything with a balance point less than about 290-295mm. Not sure if this includes grip and/or strings?

I have an NS9KX (original grip only, strung) and it balances at around 305mm.

16. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

since question is asked with ignorance, i'll reply you with ignorance - at900p is better, get it.

17. kooixh

kooixh Regular Member

student
    ok i ll get it some other day

18. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Depends on what position you play.

If you play singles, AT900P is better, IMHO since I have both AT900P/T both 3UG5 = direct comparison. But generally AT900T is better for me in doubles.

Actually head heavy doesn't make a lot of difference at front court, just adjust your grip. When in front, hold the racquet at the throat of handle, there is a reason Yonex design the CS control cap = it's for defence and net kill (using finger power).

But head heavy makes a difference at the back court, hold the handle by the butt for extra leverage. Although it creates more moment at impact (good), there is also increase torque, T= F X R. (bad) = shoulder pull etc.

Reference: (note it's for tennis but the science applies to badminton)
    http://www.racquetresearch.com/sevencri.htm

19. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

racket selection is subjective. you cannot say one racket is better for singles than another.

until recently, Taufik Hidayat used the AT 900T in play, likewise, Markis Kido uses the AT 900P. i hope you aren't saying their racket selection isn't is great as yours.....

#19 jymbalaya, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  20. kooshball

kooshball Regular Member

very much depending on roles. kido's main goal is to smash. that's how how he wins most of his points either directly or indirectly due to a weak return. it makes a lot of sense for this reason to have a smash oriented racket.
    his front man would have a lot less reason to use the 900P over the 900T.

for the same reason, i would prefer 900T over 900P in singles since that's much more of a control game unless you have the endurance to constantly jump smash throughout the whole game (which i do not)