Help with racquet selection?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mikira, Dec 24, 2008.

1. mikira

mikira Regular Member

Customer Sales Representative
    So, I'm looking to buy a new racquet. For a girl, I think I hit fairly hard, and I've had people tell me that I'm pretty strong. I'm intermediate level and I love to smash :) so you could probably consider me a mostly offensive player. I don't like to do too many drops, although my net play isn't too bad either.

I currently own an AT900T (strung with BG80 at 24lbs) and an ARC9 (strung with NBG95 at 24 lbs), and I don't like the feel extra stiff racquets, and I find that I can generate a bit more power with head heavy racquets. I play around three to four times a week, so could any of you make any racquet suggestions that you think might suit my playing style? I like the feel of the ARC7, but I'm not so sure if it would be a good idea because I haven't had the chance to try anything other than Yonex racquets. I'd like to see what other kind of racquets are out there :)

Any suggestions would be greaty appreciated. Thank you :)

2. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    so you mean you want a medium flex and head heavy racket ?

3. squallyeo

squallyeo Regular Member

i'd try my fren's at900t and arc7 but feel tat at900t is a bit stiff to me, arc is ok. arc7 is not very stiff but not head heavy. u can try a few rackets if u can find them there:

victor nano super pro 7: head heavy but not tat stiff, good for def and off. my primary racket now. b4 tis is ti10 but sent it to claim. it's less stiff than ti10 so def is better

victor artery 95 ctrl or power: both almost the same head heavy, power is stiffer a bit oni. good feel

apacs tantrum 200: a bit stiff and head heavy. tried it and love the ctrl. smash is ok oni.

apacs vh1800: a bit stiff but head heavy racket. but need to adjust to the feel bcoz of the unique shaft

apacs armor muscle pro 95 or 90: head heavy but stiff, better try it b4 buy, might be too stiff for u (too stiff for me)

if u prefer yonex, looks like oni at900t, arc7 and arc9 fit ur bill. FYI, i choose rackets not by their brand but by the performance. cheers

4. mikira

mikira Regular Member

hm, surprisingly no. i'd thought that i'd be better with a med flex racquet but no, lol.. so a stiff racquet, but not EXTRA stiff. and yes to the head heavy balance :)

5. mikira

mikira Regular Member

heh, no i'm actually trying to venture out of my yonex racquet circle. i like the sound of those victor ones, i will see if i can try those out! thanks :)

6. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    only these rackets will match the criteria
    Yonex AT 900P&T ( stiff and head heavy )
    Arcsaber10 ( stiff and slightly head heavy )

about other brand i cant give any, because i always use yonex:p