Slazenger rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by vs099, Dec 28, 2008.

1. vs099

vs099 Regular Member

student
    are they great??specially the NX 2 series

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Well, that's really down to what sort of player you are. Give me some information on your ability level, playing style and what racket you use now and I'll do my best to tell you whether you should bother buying one.

3. vs099

vs099 Regular Member

student
    hmm I'am a power player(smasher) and Im using the yonex muscle power 630 I'am 16 years old

4. Danstevens

Student
    If you're an attacking player, I would recommend either the Yonex Armortec 700 or Muscle Power 99. A SOTX Woven 2, 8 or 11 would also be suitable. From Karakal, I would recommend the MTec 80 or 85. Those are just a few rackets that may be suitable for you but I would strongly advise you to try them first. They are of varying price ranges because you didn't give a budget so I hope you'll find one that is suitable. Although I am sure there are some perfectly good Slazenger rackets out there, I've never found one.

5. vs099

vs099 Regular Member

student
    thanks for the advice but i have only enough budget for the slazenger because the other brands are expensive.in the phil the slazenger only cost 3000php the other brands costs 4000php up

6. Danstevens

Student
    OK, so you're on a very limited budget. Using a currency converter, I have worked out that 3000 PHP is equal to around £43 (GB) which is a limited but workable budget for a racket. In the UK, you could get the Karakal MTec 85 for that and with a little extra (a couple of GBP), you could get the MTec 80. Both are awesome rackets and well worth buying.

7. vs099

vs099 Regular Member

student
    I think the MTec 80 is rare I can hardly see any. because almost all of the rackets in the Philippines are mostly yonex types. even the slazenger rackets are rarely sold in the shop/stores but thanks.

8. vs099

vs099 Regular Member

student
    may I ask if you have any slazenger racket and what model??

9. Danstevens

Student
    I've borrowed some of my friends' Slazenger rackets to try out. I'm not sure what models they are. They seemed sort of mid-range so perhaps within the sort of budget you'd be looking at. They weren't bad - you could play with them quite comfortably and they had an OK feel to them, I just think that you could do better for the money (in the UK at least).

I'm going to suggest you try the Slazenger racket you're interested in and if you like it, buy it. If not, take a look at the Karakals I have suggested.

10. vs099

vs099 Regular Member

student
    but its impossible to test a unsold racket since it has no stings yet so i need to buy it and test it.

11. vs099

vs099 Regular Member

student
    slazenger racket users

if you have any model of slazenger can you tell its model and is it that great to use???