Is AT900-Technique the right racquet for me?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by raptorstv, Dec 28, 2008.

1. raptorstv

raptorstv New Member

I've been playing badminton for more than 8 years, but I've never used expensive racquet really. Now that I'm in the school team, I really want to improve my badminton skills.

I usually play single in tournaments. But when I play with my friends just for fun, we usually play doubles. My strategy is:

1. I do a lot of clear and drop shots
    I try to make my opponent tired by making him running and smashing. i usually very defensive in the beginning. I only smash when there's really good opportunities, i mostly just do net shots or clears. So:
    a. I need a quick racquet to return my opponent's smashes
    b. I also need a racquet that's strong, so that i don't use much energy to do clear shots

2. Late in the game, after my opponent shows some sign of fatigue, then I start to become more aggressive. I smash, drive, and do tricky shots to make a comeback.

3. My strength are actually in my agility and quick reflex. my weakness are in power and stamina (I'm not very strong, so my smash isn't that great). My goal is not to improve my power, but instead, to gain more agility.

PS. sorry for my bad english

2. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

I'd get a medium flex racket, 3u in weight and maybe slightly head heavy.

Reasons why; The mid flex shaft will be easier for you to hit hard when you need to because it sounds like you won't be able to flex a stiff racket. For singles a 3u is good, not to heavy but not to light. The slight head heavy balance will still be stable in defence but allow you to attack and once again make the racket shaft flex more easily. Because of the balance and flex you could string your racket with Yonex BG80 @ say 25lbs and you'd have a good alround singles racket.

I won't tell you which racket brand or model to go for because there are so many and I wouldn't just buy a Yonex without looking at others. There's heaps of reviews on here on just about all the rackets out there so try and get something with the specs I mentioned. Try to use the search function.

Tim H

3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

though the racket you listed sounds much like an MP- 45.....
    what racket were you using before?

however, i agree, no AT 900t yet. work on your stamina and power as well as agility, and then you probably could use one.

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    In my opinion, if u are willing to spend money on AT900T, buy it..
    and improve your skill with it ...
    however, is there any other advantages by using mid level racket such as MP-45 rather than just buying AT900T apart of money spent?
    will MP45 improve his skills faster than AT900T?