Any clubs in worthing, UK?

Discussion in 'UK' started by sunny, Jul 27, 2002.

1. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Hello,

I am from Worthing, UK. Does anyone here from UK knows a good club in west sussex area. I want to play with feather shuttle and not plastic please.

thanks

2. Derek S-H

Derek S-H Regular Member

Care Worker
    Is this helpful?

Hi Sunny

l don't know of any clubs in Worthing as l live in Brighton. But, l have just discovered a club in Portslade. They meet every Thursday at Portslade Sports Centre between 8:30 - 10:30. The cost is £12.00 every four weeks or £3.50 per session, and they use feathers.
    Contact Len Saunders on 01903 - 762361.
    They seemed very friendly when l talked to him on the phone, and l believe the standard is quite good.
    l haven't managed to make a session yet due to recovering from an injury, perhaps you could go along and report back to me how much work l have to do to just get a point!

Good Luck and Best Wishes

Derek.

3. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Hello derek,

thanks for the info. I also found a badminton club in worthing. I found the address in baofe.co.uk website.

I will also check the portslade club and will let you know. I wont be getting into the court for another 3 weeks. I was away from badminton for over 4 yrs now (last played for my home town madras, india) and before I come back to the court I want to go through a 3 week off court physical exercise and then get back into the court.

thanks for the info once again.

sunny.

4. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

Sunny,

There are several pretty decent clubs near you. If you want to play in Brighton then Portslade is not too bad, they have several good men there but mixed is very limited. They were also relegated from division one this season. Clubs like this are struggling to stay afloat, although I hope they do. In Worthing there are three clubs I know are worth visiting. Davisons play at Davisons Sports Centre, they are alright but play with plastics last I heard. Not good.

A solid bet is to go along to Worthing Leisure Centre in Shaftsbury Avenue (01903 502237) and join either Arcadians or Nondescripts. Nondescripts are possible the strongest club in West Sussex at the moment and have a very good clubnight.

If you can make it up the A24 to Horsham then you can play at Horsham Arun. This club has the best badminton facilities in Sussex and play from 7:30 on Fridays. The first visit is free. If you want to go along let me know and I will make sure they know you are comng. They have their own bar too :p

5. andrew_cherry

andrew_cherry Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Second that vote for Horsham Arun being worth a visit on Fridays! Slanter - do you play there? Cos i'm sure i must know you if you do!

6. Slanter

Slanter Regular Member

Nope, but I used to go to juniors there a long time ago and have played the odd match there. They were a very strong club but have heard little about them recently.